1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, has anyone seen the Hot Toys Tuxedo Joker? I wasn't planning on getting any of the Joker figures until now. I bet it would look great with Bats!

https://youtu.be/xZUvRAZWkqI

Hnnnnnnnng, in a dilemma between this and AA Joker, but I think I'll just get both - these were the two after watching the film I really wanted!

Time to sell off some Marvel Hot Toys!

Hnnnnnnnng, in a dilemma between this and AA Joker, but I think I'll just get both - these were the two after watching the film I really wanted!

Time to sell off some Marvel Hot Toys!

Which are you looking to sell? :lol

So is Batman really that good or is it all hype?

He's my 9th Hot Toy, and out of them all, he's the one that commands the most presence. The suit is phenomenal, the gel or gel-like padding in the suit really emphasises the bulk and presence of how he is in the film - even the small faceplates from weird angles are spot on of Affleck. I think now after having this in hand, any figure from now on that is supposed to be muscular and have similar clothing, without a similar type of suit will just feel poor quality in comparison now.

Not only does it add the bulk and presence of an imposing Batfleck, but the nice bending of the torso, combined with the material in the suit, makes posing him even more dynamic, basically acts just like muscles - where you bend him puts pressure on each compartment of the gel-like material just like a real muscle and makes that part emphasised even more, in my opinion making it the most interesting aspect of dynamic and articulation from any Hot Toys.

it's a figure that all figures from now on should spring from. Also for some reason all pictures posted really don't do it justice - I find for some reason most photos taken of hot Toys make them look ugly, so if you find an impressive picture of him, just assume he's even more impressive in hand, especially in a natural look pose.

Which are you looking to sell? :lol

AS2 and The Wolverine, possibly AoU Captain, but not decided on him, and possible Thor Dark World with arm armour - he was the most imposing and commanding figure I had before Batfleck - again, still not sure on him as I love the character, depends on Thor Ragnorak.

He's my 9th Hot Toy, and out of them all, he's the one that commands the most presence. The suit is phenomenal, the gel or gel-like padding in the suit really emphasises the bulk and presence of how he is in the film - even the small faceplates from weird angles are spot on of Affleck. I think now after having this in hand, any figure from now on that is supposed to be muscular and have similar clothing, without a similar type of suit will just feel poor quality in comparison now.

Not only does it add the bulk and presence of an imposing Batfleck, but the nice bending of the torso, combined with the material in the suit, makes posing him even more dynamic, basically acts just like muscles - where you bend him puts pressure on each compartment of the gel-like material just like a real muscle and makes that part emphasised even more, in my opinion making it the most interesting aspect of dynamic and articulation from any Hot Toys.

it's a figure that all figures from now on should spring from. Also for some reason all pictures posted really don't do it justice - I find for some reason most photos taken of hot Toys make them look ugly, so if you find an impressive picture of him, just assume he's even more impressive in hand, especially in a natural look pose.

How do you feel about the material itself? I have knightmare batman, waiting on my classics. It just makes me wonder if you leave elbows or joints bent for a long time would it leave permanent creases etc.

The feeling I got from the material its like fiber mixed with some type of plastic. idk lol. I just hope its not some type of rubber.

How do you feel about the material itself? I have knightmare batman, waiting on my classics. It just makes me wonder if you leave elbows or joints bent for a long time would it leave permanent creases etc.

The feeling I got from the material its like fiber mixed with some type of plastic. idk lol. I just hope its not some type of rubber.

Yeah I'm worried too. He's so poseable I don't want to leave him in a museum pose but I'm really worried about leaving the elbows bent. Would love some more thoughts on it.

Well overall on the outside it's the same material all over, sort of a plastic rubber, I imagine similar to that of Superman and maybe Amazing Spiderman. But between the outside layer and the inside backing which you can't see is what I presume to be a gel plastic like in mouse mats, that's only in the abdomen really, though - the arms are just a true-type body with the Batman suit going over it.

With that in mind I have no idea if it will do well with bending/creasing, I don't really overcrease my figures, I'd imagine if the MoS and AS suit have done well over time then this will too on the arms/legs. In regards to the suit with the gel underneath it on the stomach, it does really well creasing and bending, because it's bulked out to look and feel like muscle it doesn't create a weird and unnatural crease or tension/puckering that occurs at the arm joints, so for me at least I think crunching the abdomen with both materials won't affect either as they seem like they work extremely well in conjunction - the reason why the suit may not work at the elbow joint is because it puckers the material too much unlike the abdomen.

But overall the suit does actually feel quite versatile and durable. Someone who has him in extreme poses is probably better offering advice in that regard - plus mine is back in the box until I live somewhere I feel comfortable displaying them :')

Well overall on the outside it's the same material all over, sort of a plastic rubber, I imagine similar to that of Superman and maybe Amazing Spiderman. But between the outside layer and the inside backing which you can't see is what I presume to be a gel plastic like in mouse mats, that's only in the abdomen really, though - the arms are just a true-type body with the Batman suit going over it.

With that in mind I have no idea if it will do well with bending/creasing, I don't really overcrease my figures, I'd imagine if the MoS and AS suit have done well over time then this will too on the arms/legs. In regards to the suit with the gel underneath it on the stomach, it does really well creasing and bending, because it's bulked out to look and feel like muscle it doesn't create a weird and unnatural crease or tension/puckering that occurs at the arm joints, so for me at least I think crunching the abdomen with both materials won't affect either as they seem like they work extremely well in conjunction - the reason why the suit may not work at the elbow joint is because it puckers the material too much unlike the abdomen.

But overall the suit does actually feel quite versatile and durable. Someone who has him in extreme poses is probably better offering advice in that regard - plus mine is back in the box until I live somewhere I feel comfortable displaying them :')

Lol thanks for the response. I have to agree I feel the material is somewhat durable but I guess since its seriously one of my favorite lines I just don't want them to be destroyed over time by merely posing it.

I do tend to avoid figures with rubber since I've met plenty of people with their figs destroyed by just the test of time but I guess with that mindset you'll never really enjoy them.

Lol thanks for the response. I have to agree I feel the material is somewhat durable but I guess since its seriously one of my favorite lines I just don't want them to be destroyed over time by merely posing it.

I do tend to avoid figures with rubber since I've met plenty of people with their figs destroyed by just the test of time but I guess with that mindset you'll never really enjoy them.

I'll probably buy the Suicide Squad figure as a backup for this one. This figure is too poseable for me to stick him in a museum pose forever.

So my figure came today and I can honestly say he's even better than any photos I've seen, truly awesome figure. Great articulation, material, likeness, and body build. He looks far better than my TDKR DX12 Bats. Only thing I'm wondering now is how much better the Justice League Bats will be. :/

Can't wait to build my Batman collection, got Harley on pre-order and debating which version of Joker to get, any ideas?

So my figure came today and I can honestly say he's even better than any photos I've seen, truly awesome figure. Great articulation, material, likeness, and body build. He looks far better than my TDKR DX12 Bats. Only thing I'm wondering now is how much better the Justice League Bats will be. :/

Can't wait to build my Batman collection, got Harley on pre-order and debating which version of Joker to get, any ideas?
I'm sure the JLA version will be improved, like AoU Cap/CW Cap, but from what I've seen the suit design isn't as good. I prefer the comic grey and black.

I don't care for Leto, but I love the new tuxedo version. I might get that and hope someone makes a custom Alex Ross Joker sculpt. They would go perfect together.

IMG_20161025_143524.jpg

"I thought she was with you..."

Has this figure hit Europe yet? The local retailers all say different delivery dates. Some say it comes as early as next week, other say end of November...

Has this figure hit Europe yet? The local retailers all say different delivery dates. Some say it comes as early as next week, other say end of November...

Not yet no, end of November seems to be the consensus. As long as we get him before Christmas I can live with that.

Back