1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my figure and noticed the grimace mouthpiece is missing the black foam tape on the back. Is this normal? The other two mouthpieces have black foam tape...

Just a fab fig
DSC_0106.JPG

Hmm....I suppose a three hour drive for this figure could be worth it XD

In all seriousness, thank you for the info

Ha ha...no worries...I always enjoy visiting Tate's Comics when I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area...have you checked with them?

Ha ha...no worries...I always enjoy visiting Tate's Comics when I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area...have you checked with them?

Almost every day for over the last week, same with most other local places :impatient:

That's a shame! You want to support your LCSs, but when they do this? I can see a $20 increase, but almost double!! :mad:

A guy on Facebook had one in hand from Sideshow and posted it for sale, asking for offers. I said my offer would be retail price but I'm sure it would be wildly inflated. He ignored my comment and sure enough, he said he would take $415 for it.

A guy on Facebook had one in hand from Sideshow and posted it for sale, asking for offers. I said my offer would be retail price but I'm sure it would be wildly inflated. He ignored my comment and sure enough, he said he would take $415 for it.

$415?? Is this the tech cowl version? This figure is brand new that's insane. Most I ever paid was $415 for a DX 11 exclusive after I had sold mine a year before for $450 and that's a figure that has been sold out for nearly 4 years. The demand for this figure is insane.

If a figure is fetching an inflated price on the secondary market, I don't see the harm in asking for that price. You'd be an imbecile not to if people are willing to pay that price. However, don't ask for offers when you know the minimum price you want is double the retail price. That's like asking someone for advice when you already have your mind made up. To quote Jennifer Aniston from Office Space: "You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?"

I also do think there's a lot of people on eBay though who want something for nothing and try to lowball you.

Looks like it's going to be a tough figure to come by at least until JL Batman comes out thean people will be selling to upgrade. The good thing is Suicide Squad batman is the same fig as BvS.

A good key to look out for is watching an item on eBay and see if it's relisted more than once. I've watched items for a bit then messaged the seller and tried bargaining that way. Sometimes they'll negotiate a good price but want to sell through PayPal and cut out the eBay 10% seller fees. Worth a shot.

A good key to look out for is watching an item on eBay and see if it's relisted more than once. I've watched items for a bit then messaged the seller and tried bargaining that way. Sometimes they'll negotiate a good price but want to sell through PayPal and cut out the eBay 10% seller fees. Worth a shot.

I've had people do this with me. Except the offers were lowball offers. Sure I want to sell the item, but I also don't want to just give it away either.

I sold mine for $410, and it was opened.

I'd be an idiot not to take that $$$. If people are stupid enough to pay that much, I'm happy to get their money. It's just how it is.

Not gonna lie, I'd do the same. If someone was willing to pay double, sure I'll take it.

I'm just glad I managed to get an order in at BBTS. Either I pay retail or I don't get Batman for a while.

It really bothers me when sideshow retailers (who I assume get these at a wholesale price) are scalping these figures.

Yep...I cannot understand why a LCS would put making a quick buck ahead of building years of loyalty with their customers by helping them to get their hands on a hard to find figure at a reasonable price...an extra $200 will not keep a comic store in business but customers who will keep shopping for years while spreading positive word of mouth to others certainly might.

Looks like it's going to be a tough figure to come by at least until JL Batman comes out thean people will be selling to upgrade. The good thing is Suicide Squad batman is the same fig as BvS.

Has it been confirmed that this figure is actually being made...I was thinking that they were just displaying the regular Batman V Superman figure with the re-breather on their Suicide Squad display to promote one of the benefits of buying Deadshot...?

Back