1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll repost a previous pic to show why I have doubts

View attachment 289544

Take a look at both the scratches and the upper line of the Bat Symbol. Same silver effect, and we can be sure that top part has no silver at all!

e5e608e0cc57c6479398a609cc58c3a3.jpg

Screen shot from the film promo pics (keep in mind that it's shot with a filter)

b8ef40d2fa85fd4b38cb79e92574d188.jpg

Picture of the Batfleck Suit on display at WB Studios

The silvers there =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really excited for this figure, does anyone know when the regular version will get released in Japan (or wherever they get released first) there's still barely any on ebay (along with very few knightmare batman or armoured batman).

People are getting their "shipping in 2 weeks notice" for the civil war regular cap that was released in HK last week. I'm hoping sideshow made a mistake and meant to send out the 2 weeks notice for this Batman figure instead lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll repost a previous pic to show why I have doubts

View attachment 289544

Take a look at both the scratches and the upper line of the Bat Symbol. Same silver effect, and we can be sure that top part has no silver at all!

Well it doesn't get anymore more realistic than this shot..looks like the actual suit he wears, I can see the silver residue..looks like I have to mod the figure a little after all

I've just got mine. It's barely out of the box. But a few points:

- It's beautiful and perfect out of the box.
- The pants are easy to futz
- I've seen pics with the bat symbol etched with silver. Now I'm not saying it's inaccurate as people have posted pictures of the actual suit, but are you really sure it's silver-ish and not a trick of light? I mention that because when the scratches catch the light, they almost look silver when they are actually black.
- Can't say I like the cape too much, it's a bit stiff.
- Really an impressive figure.

Based on what I've seen, I'm in the camp that thinks the silver effect on the scratches of the logo is a result of light, depending on the angle. Perhaps there's a little bit of silver, but I think the light just enhances it.

Mine received a wk after initial release
94821297f8d354ea4e2b10174acc6766.jpg

I like it dark and I like the silver, I'm gonna mod my new one with a little silver, glue the suit at the wrists and some other stuff.
I think it's all down to how you like the look,
If I only got one tho, I wouldn't feel the need to mod it in any way.
It's fantastic out the box.
Too many folks talkin about a figure they don't have in hand here

Mine received a wk after initial release
94821297f8d354ea4e2b10174acc6766.jpg

I like it dark and I like the silver, I'm gonna mod my new one with a little silver, glue the suit at the wrists and some other stuff.
I think it's all down to how you like the look,
If I only got one tho, I wouldn't feel the need to mod it in any way.
It's fantastic out the box.
Too many folks talkin about a figure they don't have in hand here

You know seeing this closeup, can you see that there is silver on the bat insignia Creasy..which looks like the suit , did you notice that :wave

You know seeing this closeup, can you see that there is silver on the bat insignia Creasy..which looks like the suit , did you notice that :wave

Yeah I did, I'm sure most people will notice all the little details when they get theirs in hand.
It's great & if u want to try and add something or not.....

I always say if you can afford it, get as much of the line as you can. I can't so I to pick and choose :slap

Yeah if money was no object, I would get it all. But money and space are limited. So I try to be reasonable and know which ones will come around again. Like I'm passing on Wonder Woman because I can get the one from her solo film or from JL.

I've just got mine. It's barely out of the box. But a few points:

- It's beautiful and perfect out of the box.
- The pants are easy to futz
- I've seen pics with the bat symbol etched with silver. Now I'm not saying it's inaccurate as people have posted pictures of the actual suit, but are you really sure it's silver-ish and not a trick of light? I mention that because when the scratches catch the light, they almost look silver when they are actually black.
- Can't say I like the cape too much, it's a bit stiff.
- Really an impressive figure.

Tony Mei's cape mod is the way to go. His looks fantastic.

Tony Mei's cape mod is the way to go. His looks fantastic.

Maybe.

But I don't like modded figs. I like them stock.

To me, a stock figure has value, a full custom figure has value, but a modded figure completely loses any interest it may have. I'm just like that. It's everything or nothing.

Not that I plan on ever sellling a fig, but I don't know. To me, modding a figure is like tagging the Mona Lisa, it defaces the original item.

Maybe.

But I don't like modded figs. I like them stock.

To me, a stock figure has value, a full custom figure has value, but a modded figure completely loses any interest it may have. I'm just like that. It's everything or nothing.

Not that I plan on ever sellling a fig, but I don't know. To me, modding a figure is like tagging the Mona Lisa, it defaces the original item.

I'd agree with you for most figures, but there's something about batsuits that feel like they need to be 100% accurate (especially for the price these days) I remember the old medx figure thread, some beautiful looking figures there that are worth 3x's the cash just because someone has modded it.

Back