1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good times :)
c89a213d494dad1fdf6cb3cf5be03650.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

share the love

God now I need a second one

All i need now is chrome armoured batman and I'm done.
Only got a second batman to mod, saying that though I do have a third ordered through sideshow with the sniper rifle.
Anyone know what the import costs to the uk will be with that?

Libbydog u need to clear some messages mate

Now, this has nothing to do with his abilities. He makes great stuff, it's just that, for me, it's no longer a legit figure. Think about comic books. A golden age comic will lose part of its value if it's been restored, for me, that's the same here. Unless I'm specifically looking for a modded item (a niche within the niche), it losses most of its value. Of course, if the mods aren't permanent and it can be put back to its original shape, no value is lost. But glue or trimming the cape are permanent mods.

Modded figures go for 2-3x's the value though, especially when they are done right. Mods bring UP the value, so your point doesn't really stand.

it's like buying a stock car, then giving it prettier paint, nice wheels and an upgraded engine. it's worth more after the fact then it was when you bought it.

and that's not even the reason people do it, they do it because they like to have a 100% screen accurate figure on their shelf.

Modded figures go for 2-3x's the value though, especially when they are done right. Mods bring UP the value, so your point doesn't really stand.

it's like buying a stock car, then giving it prettier paint, nice wheels and an upgraded engine. it's worth more after the fact then it was when you bought it.

and that's not even the reason people do it, they do it because they like to have a 100% screen accurate figure on their shelf.

That point is very correct, and since its a matter of personal taste, every one can be happy. Mods,repaints or scrachtbuilding an accesory to the original look and specs. of the screen used prop or costume based in a factory/production line piece, not only will increase its value and look, but also will be a unique piece...even if 2 or 3 are made by the customizer, each will all be a bit different and particular .

There are collectors that only collect original factory/production line collectables in all the fields, there are other collectors that will also look for unique and highly detail screen accurate specimens and there will be others that only will collect unique custom made/limited editions, all of these will hold their value and increase with time and even more if there demand for it....case in point..the figure showcase in this thread and that we ALL awaiting with a LOT of anxiety!!!...this is my very personal opinion and respect the point of view of others.

Back