1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, yeah, if you feel you have to do it, do it!

Those figures are pricey, and I can't see myself doing that. Not because it's difficult to do, but because its the official figure.

Now, if I were rich and could buy as many as I want, I guess I wouldn't see things in the same way...

Maybe.

But I don't like modded figs. I like them stock.

To me, a stock figure has value, a full custom figure has value, but a modded figure completely loses any interest it may have. I'm just like that. It's everything or nothing.

Not that I plan on ever sellling a fig, but I don't know. To me, modding a figure is like tagging the Mona Lisa, it defaces the original item.

So go either full mod or no mod?
So u would make your own entire custom figure.
Which lets be honest would be ****.but that would be better?
Wtf

Maybe.

But I don't like modded figs. I like them stock.

To me, a stock figure has value, a full custom figure has value, but a modded figure completely loses any interest it may have. I'm just like that. It's everything or nothing.

Not that I plan on ever sellling a fig, but I don't know. To me, modding a figure is like tagging the Mona Lisa, it defaces the original item.

I'm the same way.

I generally like to keep my figures stock and it's not because I plan on reselling them or I want to retain the original value, but I just like having them on my shelf exactly like they were the day that I got them because many times I feel they're good enough as is and are works of art. The only time I really mod a figure is when something really bothers me and even then, the furthest I'll go is just getting a custom cape or a custom sculpt. I won't do any cutting, hammering, painting, etc.

Everyone's got their opinions on modding and their reasons to NOT mod which is understandable and I totally respect that. But when you receive your STOCK figure and then you see that THIS could be your figure after it's been modded...
2a36ec6112464ff31cea10b09f993241.jpg

you can't deny the value in modding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone's got their opinions on modding and their reasons to NOT mod which is understandable and I totally respect that. But when you receive your STOCK figure and then you see that THIS could be your figure after it's been modded...
2a36ec6112464ff31cea10b09f993241.jpg

you can't deny the value in modding it.

I need a side by side with the same pose and lighting. Otherwise, I have no idea if this is even nodded or will even look better.

Whoooooo. I decided not to wait for a waitlist conversion so I searched Google hard for a place to preorder this and found one at buybigbang.com ... They seem legit. Anyone ever order from them?

Also there was only one preorder left there for anyone still looking ... And 2 Deadpool preorders left.

I need a side by side with the same pose and lighting. Otherwise, I have no idea if this is even nodded or will even look better.

Lol if u still need a side by side with same pose and lighting , time to move on haha

The figure doesn't need modding, Mei is a customiser, so there will always be something he wants to change on a stock figure.

I've just got mine. It's barely out of the box. But a few points:

- It's beautiful and perfect out of the box.
- The pants are easy to futz
- I've seen pics with the bat symbol etched with silver. Now I'm not saying it's inaccurate as people have posted pictures of the actual suit, but are you really sure it's silver-ish and not a trick of light? I mention that because when the scratches catch the light, they almost look silver when they are actually black.
- Can't say I like the cape too much, it's a bit stiff.
- Really an impressive figure.

Yeah, I thought the same about the light catching the scratch.. Unless, the armour plating on the symbol is naturally silver and then painted black. Who knows

I have no problem modding my batman figures..done it already..happy with the results

Value..Who Cares! ..these are mine to own

So go either full mod or no mod?
So u would make your own entire custom figure.
Which lets be honest would be ****.but that would be better?
Wtf

Errrrr.... Yeah!

I'll make or buy an entire custom figure if it's in my abilities, but no, I wouldn't buy Tony's or another one for that matters.

See, when I buy a Hot Toys figure, it has to be a HT fig, not a Tony Mei fig. If that's what I wanted, I would ask him.

To me, the differences aren't that drastic and unless they are pointed to me, I probably wouldn't notice them anyway, but say an eBay listing goes up for a modded figure, I wouldn't put a cent on it.

Now, this has nothing to do with his abilities. He makes great stuff, it's just that, for me, it's no longer a legit figure. Think about comic books. A golden age comic will lose part of its value if it's been restored, for me, that's the same here. Unless I'm specifically looking for a modded item (a niche within the niche), it losses most of its value. Of course, if the mods aren't permanent and it can be put back to its original shape, no value is lost. But glue or trimming the cape are permanent mods. Paint is not.

To finish this, I have my opinion, respect it as I respect yours. No need to be flippant about it!

View attachment 289701
All I've done so far is readjust the pants, my favourite of the collection now

great picture and job with the pants

can anyone who has this in hand please confirm if the face plate is supposed to have magnets to hold it in place ,i got mine in thursday and i bought it loose no box and no extra hands etc ,same as my armored bats ,so im unsure if the magnets are missing or not supposed to be there ,
its the price of being in a hurry and being too impatient to wait and wanting to save a few bucks and too cheap to buy the whole thing :lol

can anyone who has this in hand please confirm if the face plate is supposed to have magnets to hold it in place ,i got mine in thursday and i bought it loose no box and no extra hands etc ,same as my armored bats ,so im unsure if the magnets are missing or not supposed to be there ,
its the price of being in a hurry and being too impatient to wait and wanting to save a few bucks and too cheap to buy the whole thing :lol

no magnets

No magnets mate, they just sit in there quite snugly.
Congrats on the pick up!

Back