1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Batman's a thing of envy, man. What do you think of the material HT used for the cape? I saw Tony saying that it's fine. With due respect to other collectors who already have this in-hand and said it feels cheap, but if Tony says it's fine, I'd personally expect that it's fine :)

It's actually a good quality cape. The only problem is that it's way too long and to make it drape better, you really need to trim down the length. If you don't trim it down, the cape hits the ground and bunches up the cape. Tony was able to modify it just the right amount for the cape to just slightly touch the ground similar to the Batfleck suit on display at WB studios
Also when trimming the cape, you have to maintain the jagged edge cut design at the bottom of the cape. Tony had to use the concept design of the cape shown in the BvS art of the film book to maintain accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually a good quality cape. The only problem is that it's way too long and to make it drape better, you really need to trim down the length. If you don't trim it down, the cape hits the ground and bunches up the cape. Tony was able to modify it just the right amount for the cape to just slightly touch the ground similar to the Batfleck suit on display at WB studios

Good to hear that! Enjoy your figure, bud! :hi5:

Our fellow boardie dw316 said the fight choreography for the Saving Martha scene was indeed inspired by the games. I think dw316's part of the team that choreo'd that scene.

Agree with you, gents. I sometimes play the BluRay and jump on to that very scene right away. Ever since I played the Arkham games I thought live-action Batman should move that way. Nolan's love for Keysi is okay, but it can get monotonous once you see it on-screen too many times.

Also love how Batfleck appeared still exhausted from his bout against Superman.
That's good to know. It really helps to make the fighting lookreal and it fits with his body style.

Also when trimming the cape, you have to maintain the jagged edge cut design at the bottom of the cape. Tony had to use the concept design of the cape shown in the BvS art of the film book to maintain accuracy.

Any chance you can make a stencil of the bottom edge following the mod and post on here?

If you are interested i just ordered mine from mintfigures.eu a specialty shop based in Athens Greece. First time using it myself so we will see if they are legit, just thought i would let everyone know.

They have both Deadpool and Batman on preorder with a small deposit and payment upon arrival to their store akin to bbts.

Wooooo!

Today is BvS day for me!

- My scalper Bat has shipped!
- Got my Lex Luthor head by Waruna! (Really a masterpiece)
- Got my Bruce Wayne suit for muscle body (the one from the Mankind is introduced to th Superman scene....

Now for Batfleck to arrive (next week I guess) and for first rate to release their Bruce heads!

It's similar to what Tony did. But he also reheated and reshaped the cowl. He also didn't need to reglue as many portions of the top part of the suit. Tony only needed to put one small dab on the top part of the chest suit below the neck. Also Tony cut a little bit more off the cape so it barely touched the ground behind Batflecks boots.
No open flames were involved. Definitely Clipper Kings an OG when he's using an open flame to modify his figures lol
Everyone's got different ways to customize and all the figures done look awesome regardless.

5f69d7d66700d868b975a12bc9e2d957.jpg
1b4df479e4726ded6af44a93e43dc692.jpg

Great mods but you add way too much silver on scratches. It's distracting.

Should you put the glue all around the under collar (neck) or just on the front part of collar?
How easy to undo if you make a balls up of it?

The Martha Kent rescue scene was the best live action Batman fight I've ever seen. The most realistic thing about it was the bad guys using Batman's cape against him by using it to pull and hold him down.

:goodpost: I really like it when he got shot in the back of the head. That scene could have gone on for another 5 minutes and i would have been fine with it.

Well, hopped on the waitlist. It's looking good, even if the posing ability is a bit limited with the suit. Here's hoping my WL turns into an order.

How easy is it to pull up his pants so he doesn't have the low crotch problem?

Awesome fight scene. I can watch this all day. Lol. Thanks for sharing.

Honestly the best sequence in the film for me, I was kinda "this aint bad" all the way through the film and even though people may hate me for this my favourite scenes were of Batman being Batman (and not necessarily him fighting Superman).

Specifically the Batmobile chase and the saving Martha scene, the former had me excited as even the Tumbler didn't get that much action and as a couple of other people have commented on this Batman feels like he is straight out of the comics and especially the Arkham games.

Looking forward to getting this figure and its largely because of that scene, we will likely get much more epic scenes of this Batman in evolutions of this costume in upcoming films (especially his first solo) but this is one figure where seeing those scenes and the design of the costume again and again really makes me want his first figure (the other where I had that feeling with I didn't wait and jumped on as soon as I watched the film, that was Ant-Man)

Well, hopped on the waitlist. It's looking good, even if the posing ability is a bit limited with the suit. Here's hoping my WL turns into an order.

BvS Batman has better posing ability than any other HT Batman. Way better than DX12/Armory or DX09/Returns

Great review, Clip. I can't believe I just watched an almost hour long review of a figure. Haha, there's no hope for me anymore.

Anyone know where to get one of those slick powered rotating bases like Clipper has in his review?

Honestly the best sequence in the film for me, I was kinda "this aint bad" all the way through the film and even though people may hate me for this my favourite scenes were of Batman being Batman (and not necessarily him fighting Superman).

Specifically the Batmobile chase and the saving Martha scene, the former had me excited as even the Tumbler didn't get that much action and as a couple of other people have commented on this Batman feels like he is straight out of the comics and especially the Arkham games.

Looking forward to getting this figure and its largely because of that scene, we will likely get much more epic scenes of this Batman in evolutions of this costume in upcoming films (especially his first solo) but this is one figure where seeing those scenes and the design of the costume again and again really makes me want his first figure (the other where I had that feeling with I didn't wait and jumped on as soon as I watched the film, that was Ant-Man)

Is all good! That's what spark good debate. lol Speaking of the tumbler....Nolan batman tumbler got love but not this one. :dunno I remember the tumbler flying through the rooftop. That was awesome! Hopefully we see more of it in the solo movie. As for the bat costume....love everything about it. Going add more batman to my collection in the for seeing future.

Great review, Clip. I can't believe I just watched an almost hour long review of a figure. Haha, there's no hope for me anymore.

Anyone know where to get one of those slick powered rotating bases like Clipper has in his review?

Could be the Action TT turntable made in conjunction with Hot Toys themselves.Has a real "Camberwick Green" feel to it(hope somebody else gets this reference!)

Back