1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, man....this turned out so great. I'm not a fan of Affleck or BvS but Batman did look amazing in the movie(what you actually see of him) and this fig is very well done.

Now give us your money!

Na, good luck to anyone buying this but I kinda feel these figures are a bit dead to me right now. The prices are insane. There's no feeling of exclusivity anymore - everyone in the world seems to be buying these figures and there are a bazillion Facebook groups about them. People buying and selling constantly, trying to make money and then reviewers either buying them to review then sell on for profit or make money on their Youtube page - it's not for me.

Hot Toys just jump on the band wagon of whatever film is popular at that moment and try to cash in.

It all leaves a sour taste.

I feel the exact opposite. I don't really care about exclusivity and if everyone else is collecting. I'm just glad that I'm able to get the figures I want at their retail price. Yes, $210-$250 for these figures is a lot of money, but so are most other collectibles worth investing in. Just my two cents.

Yeah seriously, who cares why others are buying or reselling them or HT creative business decisions, none of that matters to me if there's a figure I want and can afford.

I feel the exact opposite. I don't really care about exclusivity and if everyone else is collecting. I'm just glad that I'm able to get the figures I want at their retail price. Yes, $210-$250 for these figures is a lot of money, but so are most other collectibles worth investing in. Just my two cents.

Agreed. It's not hard to understand why they've become so popular and expensive, given that the quality has improved tremendously over the last few years. People are starting to take notice, and rightly so.

And that means more companies making a greater variety of figures, which is also cool.

Now give us your money!

Na, good luck to anyone buying this but I kinda feel these figures are a bit dead to me right now. The prices are insane. There's no feeling of exclusivity anymore - everyone in the world seems to be buying these figures and there are a bazillion Facebook groups about them. People buying and selling constantly, trying to make money and then reviewers either buying them to review then sell on for profit or make money on their Youtube page - it's not for me.

Hot Toys just jump on the band wagon of whatever film is popular at that moment and try to cash in.

It all leaves a sour taste.

This same thin happened to the Steelbook collectors. It all started with a few steelbook a here and there for movies that deserved an exclusive packaging. As popularity increased every single movie is now getting a steelbook. Worst part is that one movie can get multiple steelbook releases from different countries at the same time. Reason why I stopped collecting them.

Was trying to decide between this and armored Bats... The cowl on this is killing me. I'm sure it can be adjusted, but seeing it cover the top of the bat symbol in so many pics is a turn off.

If it were easy to adjust, why have so many people left it covering the symbol?

Armored Batman, here I come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a factor we can consider is accurate fabric in real life vs accurate-LOOKING material for the figures. Yeah, what you said made me think that runners like Usain Bolt and even gymnasts use tight clothing yet it works and moves like second skin. I was under the impression that more loose=more movement because I thought of ninjas' baggy pants, but then now I realize that it must be of different make and material compared to Batman's suit.

Yeah, I guess baggy crotch wasn't as noticeable on Spidey's as his legs are also thinner, making them looking long and still proportionate even with low pants.

Anyway, looking at the pictures I'm really impressed most by how the abdominals seem to move like they're real muscles -- and it seems that HT is also proud of that. So credit where credit is due:

The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 1/6th scale Batman collectible figure has started shipping worldwide and many fans were simply stunned by this Dark Knight’s final product!

Since the introduction of the Batman collectible figure’s prototype, Hot Toys talented production team has worked diligently to enhance the figure to best reflect the spectacular physique of Batman and his unique Batsuit.

In order to capture Batman’s muscular body frame in the film, our team members have devised an innovative method to combine the specially developed body with a unique tailoring of the Batsuit. When fans get their hands on this Hot Toys collectible figure, they can instantly feel the difference from other regular action figures as the chest and the abdominal will feel like human muscles. There is also no sacrifice of articulations as wide range of motions can be achieved while the muscle on the torso can also contour in very natural way that is absolutely unprecedented in any collectible figures out in the market to date.

Hot Toys is extremely proud of this Batman collectible figure that requires true dedication from our team and receiving the overwhelming positive response of the final product from fans. We will continue to make new breakthroughs to bring more truly amazing collectible figures to our supporter
s.

14040029_10153725320432344_5989709934679948583_n.jpg

JC is a Yankee fan!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah seriously, who cares why others are buying or reselling them or HT creative business decisions, none of that matters to me if there's a figure I want and can afford.

Agreed. It's not hard to understand why they've become so popular and expensive, given that the quality has improved tremendously over the last few years. People are starting to take notice, and rightly so.

And that means more companies making a greater variety of figures, which is also cool.

My sentiments also.

I personally find it a bit selfish if you essentially don't want a company to evolve, go mainstream or anyone else to buy their products simply because you want to feel like you're part of an exclusive group. It's similar to me to not wanting your favorite band to break out in the music industry and go mainstream, and them always stay indie and on a sub par record label simply because you want to feel like you're one of the few that's heard of them.

I've had this figure in my cart at least 3 times now but little things keep nagging me.

It's a lot of money to drop on a figure so little things like saggy crotch, thick neck and loose cowl are stopping me. However, most of that will be hidden when posed so the real questions is, how poseable is this guy.

If I can put him in some good poses, I'll definitely get him. The problem is, by the time videos come out, will anyone have any stock left. I already missed out on the Superman figure.

I've had this figure in my cart at least 3 times now but little things keep nagging me.

It's a lot of money to drop on a figure so little things like saggy crotch, thick neck and loose cowl are stopping me. However, most of that will be hidden when posed so the real questions is, how poseable is this guy.

If I can put him in some good poses, I'll definitely get him. The problem is, by the time videos come out, will anyone have any stock left. I already missed out on the Superman figure.

A lot of the pics I have seen online show him to be the most poseable Batman by a wide margin. Like I have seen him in some great poses and they don't seem to be stressing the suit. I will look up some from a Facebook group I am in and post them.

That's because they don't charge flex payments through on the last payment until the item is actually in stock so if you were to leave it on its last payment you would probably get it about a few weeks to a month after those that pay in full. You could just push that final payment through, its what I always do when I get to my last flex payment that way when its in stock sideshow just ships it ASAP.

I'd say it won't actually be there till October at best....look at Star Wars Rey,released about 6 weeks ago and still not in stock.

Back