1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Can't wait for a full in depth, no bull review and some proper poses so we can see what this bat can do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This. Clipper always illuminates with a straight forward, often hilarious, 0 spin review. I watch his reviews for figures I'm not even interested in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig clipper because he just sounds like some fella you'd meet down the pub, shouting at the telly when the footies on.

From watching the review. It seems most of the body is on ratchet joints. Wonder if the ab section is too?
43fa4dce4c25941347836d672ed7d622.jpg
9534c2219c97e9c02aba2b94c2bac6b3.jpg

I don't recall if somebody did mention or not but can you do this ab crunch with nightmare bat? Since is the same suit?

Agreed. I guess you can say I discovered Hot Toys a little late in the game (end of 2012 I want to say). But I think my collection is pretty solid. I felt like a kid again, and the girlfriend definitely doesn't exactly support the hobby but she has attributed to it being Knightmare was on her dime but I think I am also most excited for the rest of my BVS pre-orders to arrive.

For myself, even those who don't necessarily "support" the hobby or they're not into it themselves, almost everyone does at least appreciate and marvel at the level of detail.

Hot toys finest ever line of figures?

Yeah maybe but there is a lot of competition. The Suicide Squad figures look amazing, especially Harley. The Star Wars figures from the original trilogy are excellent as well. Hot Toys is getting better and better.

Used to have the Batsuit Begins figure but I thought it was a very poor quality and sold it. The DX12 is a nice figure and that's my only Nolan Batman.

Thanks for that. I may chase that down or just settle for an armory. The enterbay or Neca begins are always catching my eye

Yeah maybe but there is a lot of competition. The Suicide Squad figures look amazing, especially Harley. The Star Wars figures from the original trilogy are excellent as well. Hot Toys is getting better and better.

The price is also still better and better. Not :D

I will tell you as a collector of collecting the HT prices for what you get in value beat what's ready available in vintage comics or cards. If new and recent id rather put my savings to HT Star Wars marvel and DC rather than current comics or cards.

Hot Toys, in my opinion, for the most part will appreciate in value. Every figure I sold I made a very solid profit on. I plan to never sell a figure again and I've already bought one back that I regretted selling (DX11 special edition).

I'm glad you got your dx11 back. I would pay good money for A dx11 and a DX 08 - anyone who is looking to sell please pm me

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPYXs0-2z6w

Some amazing pictures there. Really excited for this fig but I'm hugely disappointed in the face plates - the neutral one is good but other two look pretty bad to me. HT crushed the faces with knightmare which makes these seem that much worse.

Have you ever watched people try and run with saggy pants? Legs wont open very far. The fit is total speculation on my part but I just looked Spiderman and his aren't as bad but still has a lower sitting crotch. Definitely not fitted but not as low as these guys. Also he has a much thinner frame so the contours are less than the huge thighs of these which I would guess makes a difference.
Though Im not expert, I have built a few costumes in my day and anytime you have pants that are fitted they will be at least four panels. Unless its stretchy material. The other problem is even if spandex was used, sewn seams don't usually stretch because thread is not stretchy. It usually realize on the surrounding fabric to give instead.

I think a factor we can consider is accurate fabric in real life vs accurate-LOOKING material for the figures. Yeah, what you said made me think that runners like Usain Bolt and even gymnasts use tight clothing yet it works and moves like second skin. I was under the impression that more loose=more movement because I thought of ninjas' baggy pants, but then now I realize that it must be of different make and material compared to Batman's suit.

Yeah, I guess baggy crotch wasn't as noticeable on Spidey's as his legs are also thinner, making them looking long and still proportionate even with low pants.

Anyway, looking at the pictures I'm really impressed most by how the abdominals seem to move like they're real muscles -- and it seems that HT is also proud of that. So credit where credit is due:

The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 1/6th scale Batman collectible figure has started shipping worldwide and many fans were simply stunned by this Dark Knight’s final product!

Since the introduction of the Batman collectible figure’s prototype, Hot Toys talented production team has worked diligently to enhance the figure to best reflect the spectacular physique of Batman and his unique Batsuit.

In order to capture Batman’s muscular body frame in the film, our team members have devised an innovative method to combine the specially developed body with a unique tailoring of the Batsuit. When fans get their hands on this Hot Toys collectible figure, they can instantly feel the difference from other regular action figures as the chest and the abdominal will feel like human muscles. There is also no sacrifice of articulations as wide range of motions can be achieved while the muscle on the torso can also contour in very natural way that is absolutely unprecedented in any collectible figures out in the market to date.

Hot Toys is extremely proud of this Batman collectible figure that requires true dedication from our team and receiving the overwhelming positive response of the final product from fans. We will continue to make new breakthroughs to bring more truly amazing collectible figures to our supporter
s.

14040029_10153725320432344_5989709934679948583_n.jpg

I think a factor we can consider is accurate fabric in real life vs accurate-LOOKING material for the figures. Yeah, what you said made me think that runners like Usain Bolt and even gymnasts use tight clothing yet it works and moves like second skin. I was under the impression that more loose=more movement because I thought of ninjas' baggy pants, but then now I realize that it must be of different make and material compared to Batman's suit.

Yeah, I guess baggy crotch wasn't as noticeable on Spidey's as his legs are also thinner, making them looking long and still proportionate even with low pants.

Anyway, looking at the pictures I'm really impressed most by how the abdominals seem to move like they're real muscles -- and it seems that HT is also proud of that. So credit where credit is due:

The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 1/6th scale Batman collectible figure has started shipping worldwide and many fans were simply stunned by this Dark Knight’s final product!

Since the introduction of the Batman collectible figure’s prototype, Hot Toys talented production team has worked diligently to enhance the figure to best reflect the spectacular physique of Batman and his unique Batsuit.

In order to capture Batman’s muscular body frame in the film, our team members have devised an innovative method to combine the specially developed body with a unique tailoring of the Batsuit. When fans get their hands on this Hot Toys collectible figure, they can instantly feel the difference from other regular action figures as the chest and the abdominal will feel like human muscles. There is also no sacrifice of articulations as wide range of motions can be achieved while the muscle on the torso can also contour in very natural way that is absolutely unprecedented in any collectible figures out in the market to date.

Hot Toys is extremely proud of this Batman collectible figure that requires true dedication from our team and receiving the overwhelming positive response of the final product from fans. We will continue to make new breakthroughs to bring more truly amazing collectible figures to our supporter
s.

14040029_10153725320432344_5989709934679948583_n.jpg

Yup, that's the article I read on their FB page. They should be proud in what they achieved. I was really worried they were gonna resort to rubberizing the outfit to recreate the look he had in the movie. Thankfully that didn't happen haha.

It makes me wonder...if they were to successfully develop a fabric like material that resembles skin...can you imagine the possibilities? Combine that with what they did to replicate batmans torso, no more rubber bodies for characters that normally would required it. Figures like leonidas, Arkham batman, any Arnold figure.

Back