1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the legs ****ed up? I don't know, I like it. :dunno

SDCC-2016-Hot-Toys-DC-Batman-v-Superman-014.jpg

SDCC-2016-Hot-Toys-DC-Batman-v-Superman-015.jpg

SDCC-2016-Hot-Toys-DC-Batman-v-Superman-016.jpg

SDCC-2016-Hot-Toys-DC-Batman-v-Superman-017.jpg

Upper body looks good. It's the lower half that looks a little off. Could possibly be as simple as putting a little bend in those legs. They almost give an illusion of being hyperextended because of how dominant the quads are. That said, it's also kind of weird just how big his quads are (particularly his medial quad) yet lack the same definition as his upper body. I'd like to think it's lighting and that the definition is simply being washed out by lights, but I think it's more so a case of the suit on the upper body possibly being glued down to the "muscles" to give that sharp definition while the lower body didn't receive that same treatment.

I wonder why they just don't use the superman body and just shape it like that superman suit. It's close enough image.jpeg

I would hope they made some improvement on how the cape is over his shoulders.
I wish it would lie naturally on the shoulder instead floating above it...

But the torso looks spot on......

by the way, does it look like the head is a little bit articulated in the latest picture from SDCC?
Or it's just the photo angle?

The suit is definitely not all rubber but the rubber fabric hybrid like supes. In one of the close ups you can see the stitching along the side of the figure. They did get rid of the shoulder seams or at least hide them better than the proto.

by the way, does it look like the head is a little bit articulated in the latest picture from SDCC?
Or it's just the photo angle?

I was thinking the same thing! It looks like the head is tilted a bit as opposed to the straight up one that you can see from last year's picture.

Dang it to hell. I was avoiding buying this thing because I knew they would improve the musculature on the inevitable Justice League version, but between the drastic improvement here, and the fact that apparently the JL version has some blue in it (and while I don't hate blue-cowl Batman, I prefer black-cowl Batman)... Might as well preorder and use my Sideshow points!

Dang it to hell. I was avoiding buying this thing because I knew they would improve the musculature on the inevitable Justice League version, but between the drastic improvement here, and the fact that apparently the JL version has some blue in it (and while I don't hate blue-cowl Batman, I prefer black-cowl Batman)... Might as well preorder and use my Sideshow points!

Yeah I'm not looking towards the blue-cowl Batman. If it's like super dark blue I think that might be okay.

So in reference to something Tourist said earlier I was going back and forth between the two pics and it does appear the belt is LOWER in the older pics versus the newer one where its too high. Ill try to use my terrible wording to explain. In the older pic the bottom of the belt seems to rest right where his legs curve inward where as in the newer pic its slightly above that spot. Also I think his abs in the newer are more cut than the older one which actually added more muscle so its throwing my comparison off. Also his boots in the newer one look like his feet are swollen up, they literally look fat. Hopefully thats just a SDCC issue...

Also if you see the line that forms a upside down triangle essentially outlining his crotch area on the older pic its completely visible where as in the newer one its like its pulled down too far and it goes between his legs. Not sure which is correct but the older one looks more natural...

So I just went to the Sideshow site and to this figures page and the triangle stitching around his crotch area is meant to be completely visible basically outlining that area. So im now convinced that the suit on the proto at SDCC is just simply wrong, as in it was fitted improperly or rushed or something I dont know. But the way it shows in the older pic is accurate and takes away the droopy pajama look. bvs3.jpg

The new one is soon much better. Look at the shoulders arms and torso. The new one is more defined, better form fitting and more muscular. Although I can see that the legs are a little thick, I'd rather have it as it is now.
P.S. I love how it looks in this pic. Bada$$!
SDCC-2016-Hot-Toys-DC-Batman-v-Superman-015.jpg

Back