1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the movie last night, and even though I thought it was pretty enjoyable, it just felt like such a mess and forced in so many ways.

I was close to going for the Batfleck figures, but I think I'll hold off for now. I did think he was good in the movie, and look forward to his solo movie and fleshing out his character a bit more. There seems to be some potential for a great Batman there I think.

Would you agree/consider the "forced" feeling might be due to the studio heavily editing the film, I suspect Snyder always planned this as an R rated film and we won't see that vision until Mid July. Of course, it could just be more of the same.

Eh I dunno. Honestly I'm not sure what else will be in the film to give it an R rating other than a bit more blood and violence possibly. The feeling to me wasn't so much forced but more just sloppy. The film is all over the place and tries to do too much if you ask me.

Personally I think there should have been l a separate Batman film before this that would have eventually led into a future Batman V Superman film. As is this film feels like a sequel to Man of Steel, a Batman film, a Batman versus Superman film, a Justice League set up film, and one more thing that's too much of a spoiler to say but I'm sure most people who have seen it will know.

Eh I dunno. Honestly I'm not sure what else will be in the film to give it an R rating other than a bit more blood and violence possibly. The feeling to me wasn't so much forced but more just sloppy. The film is all over the place and tries to do too much if you ask me.

Personally I think there should have been l a separate Batman film before this that would have eventually led into a future Batman V Superman film. As is this film feels like a sequel to Man of Steel, a Batman film, a Batman versus Superman film, a Justice League set up film, and one more thing that's too much of a spoiler to say but I'm sure most people who have seen it will know.

Yep, either a Batman film before, or they should have kept Christian Bale in the role. I think Affleck was a better Batman than Bale, but for this movie to work, we needed to see a rational Batman operate beforehand. If we don't know how violent he was before he started teetering on the edge, we have nothing to compare it to when he actually does end up on the dark side and hunts down Superman.

It was good. But not as good as it should be. Movie is failing due to numerous restarts of characters origins. Too many characters, too little time to explain enough about them including Batman. And Lex wasn't Luthor, but another Joker. I can't help myself not to see that.

Affleck is a good Batman in a bad movie.

6/10

That first shot of him up in the corner of that room- just truly perfect- it could not have been done better

After seeing the movie and how incredible a performance Affleck gave, in addition to looking incredible this was an easy pre-order. Now waiting on Leto's Joker to get announced...

Again, would rep if I could.

It is pointless though, some guys just never stop/admit they are always wrong.

I'm a veteran collector, but relatively new to this forum. Is it crazy that I actually know exactly who you're talking about? Lol.

I made the mistake of preordering black chrome Batman before seeing the movie, deciding whether or not I want to lose the NRD now.

Just cancel it. Twice already i made numerous payments to a figure and didn't end up wanting it. I asked if the funds can go to another figure and they nicely gave me a refund.

Just saw it. It was ok but falls way short of what it should have been. They should have made a Affleck batman movie first along with releasing a Woman Woman movie before doing this. They also should have held off the little cameos for future movies. Bat fleck was very good as was Wonder Woman but the rest... Oy.
What a waste of the characters of Lex and Doomsday. I really wonder if those in power over at Warners hate Superman. I truly wish JLA could be delayed now until Wonder Woman comes out and Ben can make a solo Batman movie.

Just saw it. It was ok but falls way short of what it should have been. They should have made a Affleck batman movie first along with releasing a Woman Woman movie before doing this. They also should have held off the little cameos for future movies. Bat fleck was very good as was Wonder Woman but the rest... Oy.
What a waste of the characters of Lex and Doomsday. I really wonder if those in power over at Warners hate Superman. I truly wish JLA could be delayed now until Wonder Woman comes out and Ben can make a solo Batman movie.

Agree with all ur saying, alexander luthor just wasted. I never like him when he casted as luthor. The acting was lame, and its just wasted material after all
Doomdsday should be final film in the first trilogy of supes and luthor should be the villain for the second movie of supes. Its just that simple! Why snyder making all complicated?

Agree with all ur saying, alexander luthor just wasted. I never like him when he casted as luthor. The acting was lame, and its just wasted material after all
Doomdsday should be final film in the first trilogy of supes and luthor should be the villain for the second movie of supes. Its just that simple! Why snyder making all complicated?

To be fair, things are complicated because WB clearly forced the issue here by rushing into an extended universe to get Justice League off the ground and try to catch up to Marvel. By doing so they made a movie that was more interested in trying to sell me the next movie, instead of actually just focusing on this movie and making it the best it can be.

Couldn't disagree more. Each actor was perfectly cast in my opinion. The was no minute wasted in this movie and each actor hit their moods and presence perfectly. Great from front to back.

I'm scratching my head over the overtly negative reaction to this movie. If people think this movie was so bad, I wonder why, almost universally, people loved the weak remake of "Star Wars: A New Hope" that was retitled "Force Awakens".

Anyway, back on topic with a real love for the beefier Batman suit.

Saw the movie last night. Could have been way better IMO, but I've always liked the costume designs from Day 1 that I'm keeping my POs of regular Batman and both Armored versions.

The movie was good, the first part hinting about flash, and the subsequent little cameos will be confusing for the casual movie goers. overall I like the mood of dc movies slightly more than marvel. but can't we just love both 😁

p.s. batman was amazing! anyone else thinks it's not a dream, but it's flash that was communicating with batman?

Couldn't disagree more. Each actor was perfectly cast in my opinion. The was no minute wasted in this movie and each actor hit their moods and presence perfectly. Great from front to back.

I'm scratching my head over the overtly negative reaction to this movie. If people think this movie was so bad, I wonder why, almost universally, people loved the weak remake of "Star Wars: A New Hope" that was retitled "Force Awakens".

Anyway, back on topic with a real love for the beefier Batman suit.

Amen brother :clap

Batman and Wonder Woman were absolutely perfectly executed in the movie... so I for one cannot wait to display my Hot Toys trinity... only hope Aquaman and Flash may get a release too. :wink1:

I think Alex was the lousiest actor in the entire fil,m. Somehow HT didn't make him even though he is one of the major character. HT knows which sells and doesn't.

It was good. But not as good as it should be. Movie is failing due to numerous restarts of characters origins. Too many characters, too little time to explain enough about them including Batman. And Lex wasn't Luthor, but another Joker. I can't help myself not to see that.

Affleck is a good Batman in a bad movie.

6/10

Someone else who thinks Luther smacked more of the Joker! I completely agree

Back