1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a comic book movie guys. Based on FICTIONAL characters. A man the size of Batfleck probably couldn't be that agile in real life, but it isn't real life. In case you weren't sure, aliens that look like us and have super powers on our planet aren't real either.

I just noticed that since the Batman's eyes and mouth are both removable, it would be pretty easy to display the figure as just the costume

batman-vs-superman-costume-full-pic-630x420.jpg

For me, Batfleck is the perfect size. (Given Ben is not 6'4, but closer to 6'2.5). The problem is that the batfleck makes Cavill Supes look small. In the scene where Batfleck is standing with his feet INSIDE the batmobile, and Cavill is standing on the OUTSIDE hood, they are almost the same height.

I guess my obsession over the look of supes is just a symptom of the fact that I think Cavill as supes is weak when paired up w/ affleck.

I just noticed that since the Batman's eyes and mouth are both removable, it would be pretty easy to display the figure as just the costume

batman-vs-superman-costume-full-pic-630x420.jpg

Only if the suit looks that good. Right now it would not work.

Suit looks great in the display, and like I said, it's looked a hundred times better in motion. There are other photos where it's looked good, too. They just need to be professionally taken, and not these photo shop hack jobs that the magazine covers have been doing.
tumblr_nvx7h74Lar1tdivnxo1_500.jpg
bruce-wayne-oldu_04052015214459.jpg

And while you could say maybe the suit just looks good when shot from an angle, this shot from the trailer is pretty straight on, and it looks no where near as bad as it's looked on magazine covers.
bab8f__67504.jpg

Suit looks great in the display, and like I said, it's looked a hundred times better in motion. There are other photos where it's looked good, too. They just need to be professionally taken, and not these photo shop hack jobs that the magazine covers have been doing.
View attachment 240876
View attachment 240877

And while you could say maybe the suit just looks good when shot from an angle, this shot from the trailer is pretty straight on, and it looks no where near as bad as it's looked on magazine covers.
View attachment 240881

The suit really is a thing of beauty - it looks great in the trailers and most of the promotional releases, however (strangely) the magazine cover shots have all tended to be overly photoshopped.

I'm hoping for good neck articulation because for whatever reason a pose like this on my shelf is something I really want...

attachment.php

My only gripe with the HT sculpt is how fat the neck came out, but that's also... kinda.. part of the design in a lot of the promo pics, but in motion it doesn't look as fat
I wouldn't mind some "inaccuracy" for the sake of a better looking figure

That kind of reminds me of when I was seeing Attack of the clones in the movies.
In the scene where Anakin goes after the sand people, there is a moment that he jumps from a cliff. The guy next to me shake his head in disbelief and said: "that is plain stupid, completely absurd, that jump is impossible".
I looked at him and asked: "Yeah. Right. The green gnome and everything else in this movie are absolutely real. That jump really broke the suspension of disbelief".

That is a terrible comparison.

I'm expecting more realistic approach from movie with Batman more than from movie with magic (Force) like Star Wars. Batman got gadgets, he can do crazy stuff with them, but that's it. He is a human so there are limits for him. On the other hand for a Force user, no limits at all so in the movie they can get away with anything they like.

It's actually a perfect comparison.

When something is established as real in a cinematic universe, like aliens, etc, then their existence can then be taken as read. If something is done outside of that established reality, it can still be considered unrealistic despite everything else going on that's bizarre.

I don't remember the cliff jump standing out when I saw it, but that could be because I've tried to forget ever seeing AOTC. But I can see someone complaining about an unexplained 25 (or beyond, since they don't show the full height) foot drop, especially since they don't even show him landing, to shoehorn in some Force explanation.

A bulky Batman moving quickly certainly isn't normal, but isn't so crazy in the DC movie universe. But if he starts doing backflip flash kicks and jumping ten feet in the air, then I would join in on the unrealistic complaint.

Back