1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys have always delivered. Look at the deadpool figure. That figure looks like a little ryan reynolds dressed as deadpool. Batman needs to be bulkier not just muscular. Everyone keep joking about Fatman but He look muscular fat. I pre ordered Day 1 the special edition with sups and used my SSC rewards on batman so I will only have to pay $26 a month for 4 months.

"Bloated" lol

I call it jacked. He's the most intimidating Batman we've ever seen. If afflecks performance is great, I may end up with a new favoutite Bats.

Keaton will always hold a special place in my heart though. Lol

So no more of ...

26852fd59b278931c44c7a8e45db03cd6c113eef0de0ffaeb915dc0921843e6b.jpg

This Batman is definitely too bulky for my liking. I just can't picture him leaping between buildings and ducking through gaps. I know this look is popular, but I prefer the leaner and more agile looking versions of Batman.

It's funny you say that, because based on the promo footage, he's not only the biggest bats we've seen, but probably the most agile as well.

From what we've seen of the actual film in trailers or tv spots, I don't think Affleck's Batman has looked nearly as big as he has on the magazine covers. It looks way better in motion imo.

you're literally looking at a man of that size making those movements and saying he shouldn't be physically capable of making those movements...

The wonders of CGI... This Batman is the size of a World's Strongest Man contender, and you couldn't exactly picture Mariusz Pudzianowski swinging from rooftops, or even competing in the 110m hurdles. Someone of that kind of build just doesn't look right as Batman for me.

The wonders of CGI... This Batman is the size of a World's Strongest Man contender, and you couldn't exactly picture Mariusz Pudzianowski swinging from rooftops, or even competing in the 110m hurdles. Someone of that kind of build just doesn't look right as Batman for me.

That kind of reminds me of when I was seeing Attack of the clones in the movies.
In the scene where Anakin goes after the sand people, there is a moment that he jumps from a cliff. The guy next to me shake his head in disbelief and said: "that is plain stupid, completely absurd, that jump is impossible".
I looked at him and asked: "Yeah. Right. The green gnome and everything else in this movie are absolutely real. That jump really broke the suspension of disbelief".

That kind of reminds me of when I was seeing Attack of the clones in the movies.
In the scene where Anakin goes after the sand people, there is a moment that he jumps from a cliff. The guy next to me shake his head in disbelief and said: "that is plain stupid, completely absurd, that jump is impossible".
I looked at him and asked: "Yeah. Right. The green gnome and everything else in this movie are absolutely real. That jump really broke the suspension of disbelief".

Yeah, you could look at it that way. But that doesn't stop him from looking completely ridiculous, in a way that Henry's Supes doesn't.

I understand the argument that he's too big to be agile but you have to suspend your disbelief for that the same as you do for say, a functioning grappling hook. Or a batwing. It's batman. Id rather him be 6ft 3 and massive like what we're seeing here, it's a welcome change. Bale is my favourite but all the batmen before affleck, including bale, don't exactly look like they could kick your arse. Batfleck does. He would whoop rises bane.

For me batfleck is batman from the hush series of comics physical wise with design elements from the dark knight returns. Perfect combination really.

I'm on board with suspension of disbelief, for the most part. There is a point where that can get strained, even within a fantasy context, but I'll wait until I see the film.

I *have* seen some real-life, heavyweight fighters move frighteningly fast with deceptive agility; they just can't move like that for long, necessarily.

The idea being they don't have to, given their devastating firepower.

I'm going to assume Bats has maintained himself in peak physical condition. As an amateur athlete past his prime, I can tell you that power increases in your 40s, but speed decreases while recovery time and potential for injury increases; prep time increases as well.

Experience makes up for it up to a point. Your mental game and pain tolerance is very high, but age *will* tell on you, sooner or later. Yoga helps.

Batman has money, time, talent and obsessive drive so I'll give him a slower rate of decline than most. And I bet he does Bat Yoga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying there's anything majorly wrong with Batfleck, he just doesn't quite work for me. Still looking forward to seeing his performance, and might get one of his figs if I like the film enough.

For me, Henry Cavill is just too short to be superman. Superman's presence in a comic strip should be analogous to seeing a American Destroyer Ship in a combat zone. The mere presence is enough to get some combatants to lay down their arms. 6'1 is plenty good enough to attract girls at the club and look tall for a regular joe. But for superman.....I don't think so. He needs to be more than above average, Supes needs to be exceptional.

And the thing about heights is tricky. The problem is that almost everyone lies about there height. In the NBA (national basketball association) all players are actually listed about 1 inch to 1.5 inches taller than there actual height, b/c they take are listed with there basketball shoes on. Dwayne Johnson and Charles Barkley are both listed at 6'5. Google search the photo where they are both standing next to one another, and tell me what you see. If you go to celebheights.com, there are people who are performing intense observation of celebrity heights. Henry Cavill is actually closer to 6'0 than 6'1. Ben affleck is actually only slightly above 6'2, at around 6'2.5.

A legit 6'2 is actually quite big in real life. So I would say Ben has the absolute perfect build and profile to be batman.

Back