1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12376504_948773418550599_384495950124890561_n.jpg

Looks WAAAAAY better. I wonder if Hot Toys had it improved since the product photos or rushed to tighten it up after all the negative feedback. I agree, it still needs some tweaks and tightening up (as well as making those shoulders slightly broader, but this is vast improvement.

I wasn't talking about the story itself, I was referring to the whole "hope" theme that Snyder tried to evoke. For my money, Superman didn't instil hope anyone. All he did, was destroy, destroy, destroy. I'm not faulting him for that though, that was more Zod's fault. What I absolutely hated was the scene in the Kent Farm, where he straight up flies Faora through a damn factory, making it explode in the proccess.

I mean, WTF was that? People may have been there or in the surrounding area. Animals maybe. Heck, maybe the factory contained some dangerous substances, who knows?! But instead of, oh I don't know, going through anywhere else besides there, he decides to go through the damn factory.

I won't comment on the movie anymore, because like I said, I didn't hate it. All I'm saying is that for a movie about "hope", Supes surely didn't give me the impression that he's a saviour. Then again, that's what the mafisted Jesus metaphors were for...

I think I'd love to come in to clear something. Kal himself is a representation of hope, because he is the hope of the house of El, and their hope for him to make a better world than Krypton and for himself. And he DID does bring hope and salvation, wherever he is. Now, now this is what i don't understand from people. They just overlook things and concentrating on trivial things.

First off, it's a grain container. And it won't hard for you to give yourself a bit imagination (just fill in the blanks: he might use his x-ray thingy and see that there isn't people). And FYI, it wasn't Snyder's fault, he just direct the screenplay, you might wanna take your hate on Nolan or Goyer for that.

You're saying that all he do is destroy and destroy yet the next line you said that it was Zod's. What's with the contradiction?

Here's to remind things:
- Save an oil rig, helicopters, and the workers? check.
- Save drowning bus full of kids? check.
- Save a molested waitresses? check.
- Save Lois from bleeding? check.
- Save Lois from the falling escape pod? check.
- Saving Ma Kent? check.
- Saving soldiers and Col. Hardy from the inevitable demise (and Smallville people, i might add)? check.
- Saving the whole damn world with it's occupant, animals and plants and humans alike from the World's Engine? check.
- Saving the whole damn world (again) from the wrath of the swearing Zod? Check.

And hope is something that keeps going and growing, this will continue surely for the next movie.

What I absolutely hated was the scene in the Kent Farm, where he straight up flies Faora through a damn factory, making it explode in the proccess.

I mean, WTF was that? People may have been there or in the surrounding area. Animals maybe. Heck, maybe the factory contained some dangerous substances, who knows?! But instead of, oh I don't know, going through anywhere else besides there, he decides to go through the damn factory...

While I'm not trying to change your opinion at all because I think at this point, every person has a well ingrained opinion of MoS. It's definitely one of those movies where you either liked it, or you didn't. Either you embraced the "changes", or you absolutely detested them.

However, something very important to consider regarding that particular scene. Up until that scene, Clark had been told his entire life to hold back; think of the scene of him being bullied by Kenny Braverman and his buddies ("Get up Kent! Come on! Is that all you got?") and also of course, the famous diner scene with the trucker. Imagine having all this strength, knowing that you can indeed fight back and just utterly and literally pound these people, but it takes every ounce of your energy to hold back and simply walk away, even though you're being provoked.

Now, Zod (it was actually Zod he attacked in this scene, not Faora) in this scene was threatening Martha. Even choking her at one point and destroying Clark's childhood home and posessions. Now imagine if you were Clark. Finally, after 33 years of being advised and taught to hold back, he finally, finally has a target that he can release all of his pent up energy on spear him mid flight with every ounce of strength that he can summon, and with extremely good reason. I think it's reasonable to believe that while in this state of mind, while being absolutely hyped up on adrenaline (whatever the Kryptonian equivalent of that is :lol), one would naturally get a little over zealous.

However, I digress from what the current topic is and what the thread is for. As I mentioned, I'm not attempting to change your opinion at all. But regarding that scene, it's just something to consider being that it was brought up.

This is getting better... Now they just have to make the shoulders bigger and have the costume fit tighter in that area.

I think it looks accurate but the accurate is the problem. The new suit looks stiff and bulky. The cowl looks as if he would not ever be able to turn his head.....sort of remind my of Ralph'/ brother all dressed up for winter in a Christmas Story....
a_christmas_story.jpg

When is the expected release dates for these BVS figures? 2017?

Back