1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add another exclusive conversion to that list! Hopped on the 29th for the exclusive.

My Sniper Rifle exclusive just converted, went on waiting list August 27

Wow... very happy to see these Waitlists converting. I got on the Waitlist for the Sniper Excl on Sep.7, about a week after these folk. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Most European retailers get their stock from Hong Kong, not Sideshow. Waiting an extra few weeks is one thing but potentially 2-3 months after they reach the States is frustrating to say the least. That long delay allows the scalpers to thrive at the expense of both consumers and genuine retailers. Many end up going down those routes, paying to import them or finding ways round the import duties meaning UK retailers end up losing business.

I mean... theres stuff here in the US I don't like dealing with but hey thems the breaks.

The UK collectors complain frequently about import fees, wait time, etc... but like I said above "thems the breaks." I don't find it ridiculous/absurd/stupid. It is just the way it is and honestly seeing it over and over is just mundane. Accept it guys, you have to deal with it so repeatedly asking "when will this get to the UK" when the US based Sideshow JUST NOW started shipping it to people in the States (logic would say that it'll be 3-5 weeks after that) or complaining about import fees accomplishes nothing.

Gee, you're all heart :lol sorry we are such a cause of frustration for you. Complaining about your favourite sports team losing, the weather or trains not running on time accomplishes nothing either but most of us still do it.

Anyway back to the figure...

we get just as many complaints about shipping from us U.S. guys too. it's part of the hobby unfortunately, i feel sorry for you U.K. dudes. if don't want part of their conversations then best to just skip those posts.

I mean... theres stuff here in the US I don't like dealing with but hey thems the breaks.

The UK collectors complain frequently about import fees, wait time, etc... but like I said above "thems the breaks." I don't find it ridiculous/absurd/stupid. It is just the way it is and honestly seeing it over and over is just mundane. Accept it guys, you have to deal with it so repeatedly asking "when will this get to the UK" when the US based Sideshow JUST NOW started shipping it to people in the States (logic would say that it'll be 3-5 weeks after that) or complaining about import fees accomplishes nothing.

I dong think sj was complaining for the sake of complaining.
Just the same as you in the US asking when it's gonna get to you, we all do it.
I'm wondering when il get Wonder Woman before Christmas or not.
No reason to berate someone for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSC sent me shipping tracking Friday- as of today STILL has not gotten to UPS......:gah:

Thanks guys, yes just eagerness getting the better of me. The last thing I want to do is cause a pointless argument here.

guyver1 mentioned the articulation not being so great. I thought that was a strength of this figure or is that just compared to previous Batman figures?

I got it an hour ago, incredible figure! the tech cowl looks awesome in person, really impressed.

Definitely figure of the year.

Received mine this morning and am loving it...although it's a good thing he won't be displayed from behind, his a$$ is absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks guys, yes just eagerness getting the better of me. The last thing I want to do is cause a pointless argument here.

guyver1 mentioned the articulation not being so great. I thought that was a strength of this figure or is that just compared to previous Batman figures?

Its his opinion. Doesnt necessarily mean that's the fact.
This is by far the best articulated batman.
I dont really agree with his opinion.
I do agree with him that this isnt figure of the year. Its figure of the decade for me!

So I received my EX SR and TC Bats today and I have to say, he's f-ing awesome. Definitely the best regular Bats figure, in my opinion. I think HT did a really good job with the cowl and the cape area for allowing adequate side to side head articulation. Articulation overall as well is actually really good. And people weren't kidding regarding his ass being huge. :lol It causes the suit to bunch up there, but you're not able to see it obviously so I'm not really complaining.

Just a quick iPhone image of mine as he stands on the table right in front of me after posing him. My intent is to put him in the Trinity pose with the grenade launcher, but this seems to be about as close as I can get. The gauntlet gets in the way of the butt stock of the grenade launcher and doesn't allow for much side to side articulation while in the trigger hand and I'm unable to get his trigger arm as high as what he actually had it while still being able to hold the barrel at the same time with his other hand. The only thing that concerns me is the suit at the elbow joints leaving indelible creases over time. Though the suit already comes already sort of creased at the elbow, so I don't think it'll make it any worse.

image.jpg

Im still in disbelief that I got him, I spend hours carefully inspecting him and messing with the cape once I put him on the stand. No mods yet since Im still nervous about messing with him but here are a few quick shots:

IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG

I believe Tony isnt doing a replacement but I would seriously like to upgrade to one just like the 89 1/4 batman cape he did.

Back