1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, I could not care less about BVS, however Frank Millers Dark knight returns is what I imagine in my head movies, so the figures represent that to me :D

The movie was mediocre for me, but I loved almost every scene that Batman was in (I saw "almost" because of the atrocity that was Doomsday in the film. It's hard to enjoy any scene with that thing in it). Ben became my knew favorite movie Batman at that point. Makes this figure a necessity for me.

After owning both the Batman EX and the Knigtmare one, I can only say that these are the best Batman figures HT has ever made, right after Bale's TDK 1/4.

The thing is, that personally, they don't do nothing for me, as they only remind me of a film I never gave to craps about, and that is just a huge no when it comes to my personal collecting habits. I must love the source in order to have any collectibles, and even Knightnare, as unique as he is, he does still come from that mess of a film.

Decided to sell them, and I actually have a couple of buyers lined up for both. They are, somehow extremely willing to pay much more than I originally paid for. Can't complain.

Beautiful figures, just not for me. Hated this film with a passion.

I'd have been the same. Lucky you made or will make a profit in the sale, I never can. Which is why I'm always better off not buying in the first place when I'm in doubt.

The movie was mediocre for me, but I loved almost every scene that Batman was in (I saw "almost" because of the atrocity that was Doomsday in the film. It's hard to enjoy any scene with that thing in it). Ben became my knew favorite movie Batman at that point. Makes this figure a necessity for me.

EXACTLY this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you bought them through a uk retailer you'll be lucky to get them this year, jan/feb is my guess for us uk folk..

:horror I'll lose my mind if we have to wait that long! Belgian site I ordered from recently updated his arrival to November. Black Chrome Batman I'm getting from UK retailer says early December. Ridiculous if we have to wait until the new year, that would be close to a year after the movie was released.

Well now that I had it gel in my mind for a few days, it's an amazing figure and a fun piece to own for any bat collector but IMO I can't put it in the category of FOTY, sorry :(

IMO when I think FOTY I think of all the elements that go into the figure's design not just the HS. This figure seems to fall short in a couple of categories namely articulation, cape design and accessories :lecture

Although by far this is the best HT bats I own to this date in terms of overall articulation however it just needed a bit more points to really put it to the top contender of FOTY. The cape design is a little disappointing that HT should've made it more dynamic and a couple more interchangeable eye and mouth pieces would've been fantastic.

With that said it does have an overwhelming presence and likeness and about the closet thing I've seen to representing Batfleck in figure form to the film so far.

Key word " So Far " not " Ever " :lecture

Meaning there is so much room for improvement. However I will say this, it is just a shame that currently this figure is so hard to find. IMO if someone can find this version at retail ( I know that's asking a lot at this point ) it's worth it. Ah now here we go with the value..under no circumstances do I agree that anyone should pay $100-$200 above retail for this particular Batfleck version :lecture

Ebay scalpted prices are too ridiculous for this version and unless a person can turn around and make a profit, would I recommend the hassle.

IMO I'd say to those who missed out or on the waitlist or have LCS connections etc, be patient and get it through those means.

Why be patient? I believe that HT is definitely on point of starting a revolutionary line of Batfleck pieces starting with the BvS versions and have no doubt that when around the time the JLA or even a solo Batfleck film is released, HT will really produce a Batfleck figure worthy of calling it FOTY. Because I think they will finally figure it out what collectors will want in a Batfleck representation in all elements not just a HS :lecture

Don't get me wrong this figure is beautiful and highly collectible and I will continue to revel in it's glory and praise the piece with comments and by posting pics for us freaks to enjoy on here but take my advice if you will, don't think this is a version you have to pay double or triple the price to own right now, just let it stir in your head that HT will improve on this design and that one day we will truly get a Batfleck piece that overall will be worth paying double the price :lecture

Today is the day for mine. Extremely excited to be able to add him with Armored Bats, Supes and Knightmare Bats.

:horror I'll lose my mind if we have to wait that long! Belgian site I ordered from recently updated his arrival to November. Black Chrome Batman I'm getting from UK retailer says early December. Ridiculous if we have to wait until the new year, that would be close to a year after the movie was released.

Sideshow cannot determine Hot Toys delays or how the shipping goes. I don't see anything ridiculous in this situation.

Why be patient? I believe that HT is definitely on point of starting a revolutionary line of Batfleck pieces starting with the BvS versions and have no doubt that when around the time the JLA or even a solo Batfleck film is released, HT will really produce a Batfleck figure worthy of calling it FOTY. Because I think they will finally figure it out what collectors will want in a Batfleck representation in all elements not just a HS :lecture

If that happens I will customize this figure into a bad@$$ SpaceghostFleck! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow cannot determine Hot Toys delays or how the shipping goes. I don't see anything ridiculous in this situation.

Most European retailers get their stock from Hong Kong, not Sideshow. Waiting an extra few weeks is one thing but potentially 2-3 months after they reach the States is frustrating to say the least. That long delay allows the scalpers to thrive at the expense of both consumers and genuine retailers. Many end up going down those routes, paying to import them or finding ways round the import duties meaning UK retailers end up losing business.

Has anybody's Tech Cowl & Sniper Rifle exclusive with the pack out been shipped by Sideshow?

Back