1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is that I got on the wait list for the exclusive sniper rifle version of this fig as well as the two pack with superman both on August 19th and it has yet to convert (seems like someone even said they got on on the 20th and it converted so I don't know what the deal is with that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modded figures go for 2-3x's the value though, especially when they are done right. Mods bring UP the value, so your point doesn't really stand.

it's like buying a stock car, then giving it prettier paint, nice wheels and an upgraded engine. it's worth more after the fact then it was when you bought it.

and that's not even the reason people do it, they do it because they like to have a 100% screen accurate figure on their shelf.

4cfef042795787577b338389405f9afe.jpg

4cfef042795787577b338389405f9afe.jpg

Why are people coming down so hard on this guy?? He's been extremely respectful and just stated his views on why he prefers stock. Many people do. If you like to mod your figure, go for it. Defensiveness level is through the roof on this one. Me personally? I'm fairly ocd and have problems modifying things without thinking I've messed them up somehow or ruined it. Everyone is different, so deal. Batman approves of this **** too I hear. Lol

All I know is that I got on the wait list for the exclusive sniper rifle version of this fig as well as the two pack with superman both on August 19th and it has yet to convert (seems like someone even said they got on on the 20th and it converted so I don't know what the deal is with that)

Somebody got on the waitlist for the regular version on the 20th and had it convert.

I know this might not belong here, but here is a custom BvS Batman I made from the Barbie.image.jpg

Why are people coming down so hard on this guy?? He's been extremely respectful and just stated his views on why he prefers stock. Many people do. If you like to mod your figure, go for it. Defensiveness level is through the roof on this one. Me personally? I'm fairly ocd and have problems modifying things without thinking I've messed them up somehow or ruined it. Everyone is different, so deal. Batman approves of this **** too I hear. Lol

:goodpost:

However, he did make remarks about how it either doesn't change or decreases the value, so I can see people simply refuting that. As far as his choice to keep his figures stock, that's his prerogative. Many people seem to not be able to fathom why he doesn't mod his figures, but at the same time, there's people who can't fathom why people want to mod their figures.

Ultimately at the end of the day, it's your figure. Do what you want with it. There's no one correct way to collect, regardless if people want to tell themselves that their way is the "right" way to do it.

:goodpost:

However, he did make remarks about how it either doesn't change or decreases the value, so I can see people simply refuting that. As far as his choice to keep his figures stock, that's his prerogative. Many people seem to not be able to fathom why he doesn't mod his figures, but at the same time, there's people who can't fathom why people want to mod their figures.

Ultimately at the end of the day, it's your figure. Do what you want with it. There's no one correct way to collect, regardless if people want to tell themselves that their way is the "right" way to do it.
I've only modded a few figures and it was mostly not by choice, lol. The first DX Joker had that awful gap in the lip paint and I worked pretty hard to blend in some acrylic paint by hand. And then there was my Terminator 2 Arnie who I had to glue his ****** belt together, after trying to find a good pose for him a few times and it began falling apart.

There's been a few other things here and there, but mostly small stuff that affects absolutely nothing. I don't see myself really modding this one, but who knows.

For those of you who lightened up the suit how exactly did you go about doing that? (Sorry if this has been asked before)

Somebody got on the waitlist for the regular version on the 20th and had it convert.

Yes my waitlist for the reg which I placed on the 20th converted. I haven't heard of any ex converts yet. I got on that waitlist on the 19th

I think modded figures going up on value depends in who's done the mod, and how good the mod looks. Perhaps where it's being sold, too. Where I'm from, it's hard to sell modded/customized figures even if it looks really good. Sell a Tony Mei-modded figure and it might be gone faster, but still not at a price you're expecting to get from it.

I think modded figures going up on value depends in who's done the mod, and how good the mod looks. Perhaps where it's being sold, too. Where I'm from, it's hard to sell modded/customized figures even if it looks really good. Sell a Tony Mei-modded figure and it might be gone faster, but still not at a price you're expecting to get from it.

giphy.gif

I know this might not belong here, but here is a custom BvS Batman I made from the Barbie.

If you know it doesn't belong here, then why post it??

There is a DC customs section by the way to post things like this in.

Last edited:
I broke the law ��������

Anyway, I am on the waitlist for this figure, and I talked to SS and they said it was going to be released in October.tThey also said there is a very good chance it will convert.

Nope... No arrests. Just letting the new guy know there's a custom forum that's meant for that sorta stuff.

You going to put me in a locker and spray me with shaving cream too? ������

I broke the law ��������

Anyway, I am on the waitlist for this figure, and I talked to SS and they said it was going to be released in October.tThey also said there is a very good chance it will convert.

No law broken, I enjoyed your custom Barbie Wayne.

I broke the law ��������

That's awesome! When did you get on the waitlist?

Back