Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the triangular plastic a must for attaching the cape? Thinking of picking this up but the seller says it’s missing

I have it boxed away at the moment but I believe the cape can be pinned under the cowl to provide a loose hold. The two plastic triangles have posts that go through the cape and into the bat suit itself to properly secure it. Something to be mindful of when buying this figure is the condition of the suit and the ankle cup in the boots. I have two of these batsuit begins figures and all the cups are cracked and the rubber on one of them is peeling. Best of luck.

I have it boxed away at the moment but I believe the cape can be pinned under the cowl to provide a loose hold. The two plastic triangles have posts that go through the cape and into the bat suit itself to properly secure it. Something to be mindful of when buying this figure is the condition of the suit and the ankle cup in the boots. I have two of these batsuit begins figures and all the cups are cracked and the rubber on one of them is peeling. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply! Is it as simple as just pushing the cape into the suit and covering it with the cowl? After going through the whole thread, it appears that some custom cowls come with the triangular part so shouldn't be an issue.

I really want one but if I add an upgraded cowl and cape, it's pricier than the 1/4!

Thanks for the reply! Is it as simple as just pushing the cape into the suit and covering it with the cowl? After going through the whole thread, it appears that some custom cowls come with the triangular part so shouldn't be an issue.

I really want one but if I add an upgraded cowl and cape, it's pricier than the 1/4!

There are two holes in the suit where the cape clips push into it. Ask your seller if the triangle broke off leaving the plastic attachment in place - or the whole thing has come out - which means the cape isn't attached anymore.

However, the cape which comes with the figure is not very good and you would probably want to replace it. This means removing the cape clips altogether - often requiring you to break them. What most people then do it use the triangle part for accuracy by gluing it on to the cowl. Some people also made brand new plastic attachments.

There are two holes in the suit where the cape clips push into it. Ask your seller if the triangle broke off leaving the plastic attachment in place - or the whole thing has come out - which means the cape isn't attached anymore.

However, the cape which comes with the figure is not very good and you would probably want to replace it. This means removing the cape clips altogether - often requiring you to break them. What most people then do it use the triangle part for accuracy by gluing it on to the cowl. Some people also made brand new plastic attachments.

That’s some great advice, which is exactly what I need, many thanks! I’ll make sure I ask the seller

0b149df844b0287a1913f07f0c71b4fd.jpg

feedback not prototype [emoji16]

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I’ll pay £240 for this head right now any takers

664c2b8a7684f1e64893ed163a65171f.jpg

Let me get this straight. You are offering $317 US for the head that came with this figure?

And not the proto shown in that picture.

Is this for real?

What's the figure worth in mint shape except for the broken ankles, never used the cowl and the cape is still sealed. Harness is in great condition as well as the head sculpt and the rest of the accessories. I have box, inserts and brown shipper.

Let me get this straight. You are offering $317 US for the head that came with this figure?

And not the proto shown in that picture.

Is this for real?
The paintjob on the proto is much better than the final product. Never saw a custom paintjob for the mass product

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

Don’t think anyone has posted in hand pics of Jaxon’s custom cowl and cape yet, so just in case anyone is interested, note that it’s a 4-6 weeks turnaround for viper to paint the cowl and another 6-8 weeks if you select the usd15 shipping option.

5d0eefb140f78a99a501eaa270a4a0b0.jpg

e58b5fe950e7cbd1272d67e1f9c68636.jpg

ed1b773bc018bc81110f4dc1679a161f.jpg

f8870edc08073f9ff5756f108a2d9b26.jpg

Cape is great but I find the cowl a bit too tall. You can only rest it on the shoulder despite it having a ball joint, which Jaxon said it’s due to the resin material. Just feel like it’s not sitting flush, I tried using the hair dryer and it won’t budge. Don’t even think about using hot water too as the paint came off and I had to send it back to get it repainted which took another 10 weeks.

Has anyone else bought this too?

Back