Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one still love this suit. DSC01249.jpg
DSC01250.jpg
DSC01251.jpg

Someone wants to sell me this figure for $180. It has the wobbly ankle joint issue that many collectors have had. After reading some of the previous posts, it looks like I would need to track down some medicom boots to fix the wobbly ankle issue and a custom lforigno cape to get it to look right. Is it worth it? Thanks

That's a great price.

Every one of these figures had that boot issue. It's not just "many collectors" - it's all of them, whether they realize it or not.

You can get replacement boots or do a repair with a Truetype foot, an exacto knife, and some superglue.

That's a great price.

Every one of these figures had that boot issue. It's not just "many collectors" - it's all of them, whether they realize it or not.

You can get replacement boots or do a repair with a Truetype foot, an exacto knife, and some superglue.

Thanks for the help Haytil,

Which boots do you think will work best? Link?........An exacto knife!!! :google, with my luck I'd accidentally cut the figure in half :rotfl. Never tried to mod a figure before.

Armory boots are 2-piece units. Toyfair Batman were the classic 1-piece units.

Also, beware that some models (DX11 possibly) were 1-piece units but made of a slightly different rubber that had a chemical reaction with the older figure's rubber when you used them together. Don't remember which combination was toxic though - hopefully someone else remembers, otherwise you should do some searching on these threads to double check.

Armory boots are 2-piece units. Toyfair Batman were the classic 1-piece units.

Also, beware that some models (DX11 possibly) were 1-piece units but made of a slightly different rubber that had a chemical reaction with the older figure's rubber when you used them together. Don't remember which combination was toxic though - hopefully someone else remembers, otherwise you should do some searching on these threads to double check.

Yes, your correct that the original DX02 and Toyfair version are 1 piece boots whereas the armory and DX12 (DX11 is the Joker) are 2 pieces, as are most newer figures. The 2 piece design gives way better ankle pivot and articulation vs the 1 piece.

Texasfinest, I doubt as this point you'll find DX02 boots, and you wouldn't want another set of the toyfair boots as they basically all cracked over time. I've posted before in this thread. I own the toyfair ex and bought the armory boots but never used them as mine is still boxed up, and although fine when I received it, just sitting in the box over time the ankles still cracked. Mine can still stand just fine, one boot still kinda snaps in, the other rests in. I bought the boots to be safe as down the road if I do display him or sell him, I have replacement boots.

As far as chemical reaction, I had bought 2 pairs, one for a friend, as he had same problem. He used them immediately, and for nearly a year now. When he 1st put them on he had some sweating due to the different chemicals of the rubber, but over time, and wiping them several times he has since had no issues and they are fine on the figure.

But it's up to you to do whatever you'd like. Just relaying to you what I found and my experience with using the armory boots rather than trying to do the feet swap mod, as I also felt I'd more likely end up cutting and ruining my original boots as well.

The original boots are already ruined. You might as well mod them, as you have nothing to lose. It's also fairly simple to do.

I just checked my Bruce Wayne/Batman EX and both his ankles are broken. I've had him in a museum pose every since I'm had him, and never really handled him at all.

Yeah, I jumped on this back when it first came out cause it looked so bladaw but returned it as soon as I got dem broken ankles. Still hoping HT does a third version... :thud: :panic:

Yeah my figures ankles were busted on delivery. I think pretty much every single fig was broke. I got some DX02 boots way back when, to put on this fig.
The DX02 boots are quite similar to the BB boots. Probably cant get hold of DX02 boots now though?

This is confirmed 1000% true, I had bought one MISB a few months ago. Immediately out of the box, broken ankles. I already knew it was going to happen though.

Yeah when i got mine back during release the ankles were fine but i was put off by all the bad reports coming in about the figure (flaking suit, bent abs, broken boots, dust magnet) so i just left it in the box for a couple years. Took it out......broken ankles.

I believe a few others had a similar experience.

Still, even with broken ankles, a nice cape does wonders for this guy if you just leave him standing there brooding.

(with help from the stand)

Back