Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!@#%@#$% Just found out that both of my boots have now decayed. He cannot stand on his own now after getting replacements back when he was released. The rubber is fine but the balljoint is shot.

That sucks.

Man, this figure really is just an absolute mess. I know its crazy given how many times hot toys have done this suit but I really think they should have one last stab at it and try and make a really solid, definitive version in 1/6.

Had my lforigno Begins cape today and it really finishes off this figure. I couldn't get the b*****d cape clips in so I flicked it back over his shoulders to cover the holes. Also switched the heads around on my BW from the DX12 to the Begins one.

This figure ranks as the #1 worst QC HT has ever done- just awful- the ankles are mostly messed up and the suit is made of poor type of rubber that attracts every man made particle ever known, plus it feels like it will tear very easily.
This needs vast improvements DX style

Whilst I understand the negativity this figure receives, those issues aren't a problem to me. I'm more than happy to own this figure and it looks amazing on display. :rock

Whilst I understand the negativity this figure receives, those issues aren't a problem to me. I'm more than happy to own this figure and it looks amazing on display. :rock

I agree, it's also one of my favorite figures.
The rubber looks fine on mine, I use the low tack glue of a post-it to remove dust when necessary.
This figure has no particular issue beyond the ankles/boots and the ugly cape.
I fixed the boots on mine and with a custom cape it looks awesome.

EB Bats suits FAR superior rubber used- easy to clean- doesn't attract dust and crap. I understand first HT BB Bats suit rubber was better!

Damn why do I have to be a completest :gah:

The BB suit is the best looking out of the three imo.

DSCF1695_zpsaf8a38d9.jpg

If HT done a BB DX I would like two figures, Batman and Ninja training Bruce Wayne with all the Ninja gear. Actually I would just get a stand- alone MMS Ninja Bruce if HT released one.

Does anyone have their Batman Begins suit in a DX12 belt? Is that more golden color better with the figures and more movie accurate? I have the DX12 belt on my DX02 because I think the gold pops better.

Does anyone have their Batman Begins suit in a DX12 belt? Is that more golden color better with the figures and more movie accurate? I have the DX12 belt on my DX02 because I think the gold pops better.

I do. And it does looks better.

The belt and the boots remained unchanged in the movie between the 2 costumes.

Don't you need mod the DX12 belt to make it fit?

I do. And it does looks better.

The belt and the boots remained unchanged in the movie between the 2 costumes.

Cool. Did you use the belt with all the compartments or the one with nothing (HK scene)? I'm debating whether I should shell out $33 for another belt with all the things on it.

Don't you need mod the DX12 belt to make it fit?

Nope, both fit on the DX02 fine. The belt with the compartments is a bit looser but it can be made to stay on easily, while the other one is a tight fit.

There are actually different color toned belts in Begins. Some are the more golden look, closer to The Dark Knight and some are that darker bronze that this figure has. They weren't exactly wrong with this issue. There was the stunt belt, the hero belt, the close up belt, etc.

I know the very first belt when Bruce is cutting off the straps has that darker bronze hue. A lot of the Begins suits that are on display around the world have that version as well. It just depends.

Back