Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DX02 Boots work well on the BB figure with the dodgy connectors. Here is my BB figure with the 02 boots.

DSCF1720_zpsbc5286b8.jpg
DSCF1721_zpscccb4a9c.jpg

And here is my DX02 he has got the boots from the Toys Legend Bat Armoury. They have not got a foot peg connector inside but they grip well to his legs and he can hold a pose with them on.

DSCF1722_zps16da961a.jpg
DSCF1723_zpsdb0c3fe6.jpg

Are the DX02 boots the same as the Batman Begins boots?

Quick question: do the DX12 boots melt this figure? I have an extra pair that I'd love to use.

Are the DX02 boots the same as the Batman Begins boots?

I think they are the same sculpt, but for some reason the DX02 boots look far superior. Might be a different rubber.

Quick question: do the DX12 boots melt this figure? I have an extra pair that I'd love to use.

I think they are the same sculpt, but for some reason the DX02 boots look far superior. Might be a different rubber.

I'm thinking of getting a pair to swap with it in case mine break but the cheapest I could find is like $87, I don't know if that's worth it or not...

I thought a while back someone said the DX02 and DX12 boots have chemical reactions when you switch them to the Begins suit , or vise versa.

And the right ankle is gone.....i can bend it 90 degrees....drats

It was "retaped" because the original ht shippee tape was cut. The figure itself is brand new, still wrapped in plastic.

No..thats it. I have this Demon Batman that cost me $85 whom will be a doner real soon. I saw how insanely expensive the boots are going for sobit was easier using ol demon bats

If it's broken, it's broken. Taking the boot off isn't going to break it any further, since they're designed to be removable, so no reason not to. When you take it off, check to see if any plastic bits fall out.

That's generally the process I was referring to, though I'd advocate slicing the boot open at the sole, rather than rolling down the boot. Rolling the rubber might stretch and distort it permanently.

Doing so would also make it easier to dremel out any remaining plastic in the way of where your replacement foot tube is going to go, as well as make it easier to make sure you have a secure connection with the glue.

Yeah, it doesn't take too long, but if this is the guy's first time doing such a repair, I'd advocate taking your time and doing it slowly, rather than rushing and possibly messing it up.

I tried the roll down method and the acetone method and both failed.. In fact acetone was leaking out of some areas of the bottom. It's probably jacked now..

Slicing the sole off seems like the better way. What glue type works to glue it back?

I'll be dremeling an old tt figures foot to fit into the boot.

Well I know the DX12 boots melt on the DX02. Not sure about the this, I would imagine it's the same deal.

I thinking of trying it. If it starts to leak, and I remove the boots, does the chemical reaction continue indefinitely?

MRM uses the the DX12 boots on this and I think it looks great. He said he lined the inner wall the boots with tape and he hasn't had any problems.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I thinking of trying it. If it starts to leak, and I remove the boots, does the chemical reaction continue indefinitely?

If contact is left, yes, they just turn to soft jelly. Watchmen: The Comedian's vest is the same. I had the DX12 boots on the DX02 for about 2 days, they glossed over at the tops (I posted pics on here somewhere). I took them off straight away, they did "dry out" after about 6 months.

MRM uses the the DX12 boots on this and I think it looks great. He said he lined the inner wall the boots with tape and he hasn't had any problems.

Yeah, I'm sure that would work. I think it would piss me off though, just the idea that they could start melting.

:lol I especially like this one,

1-51.jpg

Yeah, it's weird.

They probably come up because they were in threads you posted in.

So MRM will put some real hair on the DX12 boots and sell them?

:lol

Back