Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMAG0034_1_zpse4c456c7.jpg

That looks superb. Reminds me of the start of TDK when he stands up after falling from the van.

How did you get your belt so gold? Is that the lighting or a repaint?

Must be the lighting...it's the stock belt. With MRM's headsculpt and Tony's cape, I finally feel 100% happy with this figure. I always liked the BB suit better than the TDK and TDKR suits, and now I have what I feel is the perfect 1/6 representation of it. IF HT ever comes out with a BB DX...it would need to have the perfect neck height, headsculpt, and tons of accessories for me to even consider buying it to replace this guy...oh, and unbroken ankles would be nice too!

^^^ What shirt/pants/shoes did you use?

The shirt is the grey t-shirt from the DX10, The pants are the Jeans worn by Art Figures Raging Police figure, (although ACI also make some nice jeans) the shoes are also from the Raging police figure, any sort of boots will do though, as you can hardly see them in the movie.

Oh and the body is a ACI Muscle body.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACI-Toys...3135?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ac393f36f

I took a few more pics with my Wayne from Rises. They are about the same height, which I am pleased about.

DSCF1828_zps78ade8ce.jpg
DSCF1829_zpscc2da35e.jpg
DSCF1830_zps20aa57f2.jpg

Yeah, it's grown on me. It's more accurate than the HT one so I might as well stick with it. Plus he gave me it free after a previous sale so I shouldn't really complain! Zach's a great guy. His Joker sculpts look phenomenal.

Yeah, it's grown on me. It's more accurate than the HT one so I might as well stick with it. Plus he gave me it free after a previous sale so I shouldn't really complain! Zach's a great guy. His Joker sculpts look phenomenal.

Nice! Lots of people are clambering to get their own, and you get one for free. Damn, talk about being a valued customer.

I got in the list for his latest run and I'm stoked to receive it. Hopefully mine will turn out at least half as awesome as yours.

No offense guys, I think it looks awful.
It isn't sophisticated enough for a HT figure IMO. Looks 1/12th.
:monkey3

Last edited:
No offense guys, I think it looks awful.
It isn't sophisticated enough for a HT figure IMO. Looks 1/12th.
:monkey3

Nah it's cool - I respect your eye Rory cause your custom stuff is fantastic. I would love HT re-do the Begins suit but I don't think it will happen. It sure needs improving.

Nah it's cool - I respect your eye Rory cause your custom stuff is fantastic. I would love HT re-do the Begins suit but I don't think it will happen. It sure needs improving.

:1-1:
I like the shape of it, it's definitely more accurate than HT's, it's just the finish and detail that I think don't work. Nice pics though man.
Yeah, I would love HT to give this an amazing re-do. I'm sure they will do a DX at some point.
:pray:

:1-1:
I like the shape of it, it's definitely more accurate than HT's, it's just the finish and detail that I think don't work. Nice pics though man.
Yeah, I would love HT to give this an amazing re-do. I'm sure they will do a DX at some point.
:pray:

I think it's the eyes, there's something off and bit unnatural about them.
On these pictures I also find that the body looks really bloated which makes the whole thing look weird.

I still like my Toyfair Batman with just a new cape and varnished gauntlets, I only need to put the cape clips on.

IMG_7996_zps02bc1811.jpg

Does anyone have the link to fix the knee pads?

Also anyone still think the OC Bats is comparable to this?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any nice action poses for this figure?

With all rubber around his body? Unless you do not mind to buy it again....most people will pose him as in formal routine ceremony.
I am so bothered by the boots pegs. Even tough we can fix it, still, it is too risky.
I skipped this version few times when my friends offered to me and glad to received Takara version. Not as nice as HT but the price is better.

The figure is nice to look at, but I think that the rubber of the Original Version is way better, and it looks good even now. Moreover, they basically copied OV added faceplates only, with poor painting.
I hope one day they will make decent DX based on options of this release.

Back