Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, until a satisfactory way of using the DX12 boots without the melting is devised, I used the Takara Boot tops. Didn't want to put any more $ into this and my TakBats was parts fodder anyway. Not as nice as the DX boots, but they're made of rubber, similar to the suit. Put the boots on and since yesterday there hasn't' been any weird reaction whatsoever (minus my own reaction to this obsessive behavior).
BatBootFix2001_zps8065d69b.jpg

BatBootFix2005_zps0f93da7d.jpg

BatBootFix2008_zps9b9494b0.jpg

Looks great! :clap:clap

Thanks Maglor, I managed to track down a Takara bats, so I'm glad the swap will be easy. I bought a set of gauntlets from a member that were I guess Gregs Customs? They were gloss black but not in that great of shape...I'll give the Takara ones a shot.

On a side note, is it known for sure that the screen version of the gauntlest are gloss and not flat? Certain shots they look glossy and others they look more flat...just wondering if anyone had a definitive answer on that.

I find that Gregs Customs gauntlets are superior to Takara in terms of quality. The Takara plastic is too soft and seems breakable where as Gregs are more sturdy.

I'm about to get this...I've been hearing all the criticism and complaints but I just can't help myself. This Begins suit has really grown on me and since I'm not that interested in the 1/4 scale Enterbay, this has to be the one.
I'm planning on keeping him in the Tumbler's driving seat. Is that going to worsen the suit deterioration?

I was able to pop the ankles back in the other day finally. In doing so I got frustrated and just took the damn cape clips off. I think they need to be glued down but I don't want any foreign materials touching this thing.

I finally gave up on this thing and sold it last week. Just too many problem on this guy. I did leave the Batman and Bruce Wayne head sculpts though. :clap

I finally gave up on this thing and sold it last week. Just too many problem on this guy. I did leave the Batman and Bruce Wayne head sculpts though. :clap

I was thinking of doing the same, sell this figure and then buy the enterbay Batman.

I have seen some at $300+ on ebay.

At how much do you guys think should be the price to sell this figure? The only thing is that I don't have the shipping box, but besides that, it is complete.

I was thinking of doing the same, sell this figure and then buy the enterbay Batman.

I have seen some at $300+ on ebay.

At how much do you guys think should be the price to sell this figure? The only thing is that I don't have the shipping box, but besides that, it is complete.

I think $300 is fair from what I've seen...:dunno $250-$300

I got one today on Ebay £230 it does have the broken ankle but im a dab hand at repair, curious if the MMS71 boots will fit

Back