Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the POSE guys:

scaled.php

I want to fix the ankle and see if that pose can be achieve without the base. :monkey1

Nice!
I hat him in a dynamic pose for a while too:

3.jpg

P1160395-2.jpg

However, in the end I just think this figure is more stunning in a more static pose.

Here's my updated pose. I just grabbed it by the biceps and did a slight turn. I think this is now the optimal pose for Batman standing there being imposing:

begins-02.jpg

If that still looks bad to you Mags, then:

funny-Oompa-Loompa-costume-dog.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl

Looks good. :)

It's probably just the photo. I'm not much a photographer, so I just point and click on auto with flash. They blend in more with the suit in person.

Yeah, your pose is kinda spoiled by that flash. I'm sure it looks great in person. :)

Nice pose!

Thanks. It's poses like that that would benefit by a shorter cape. The long cape that he's wearing in that picture just looks like a tripping hazard.

However, the long cape looks better for static poses imo.

Wonder if HT will re-make this with the same material used for Keaton Batman's suit.

Last edited:
I just received my Keaton Bats and as much as I dig the figure, and *especially* the cape, I'm not sure the same approach would work
on the current, Bale/Nolan Batman. The cowl designs and how they relate/attach to the cape are so different. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong!

I need another one of these. If you have a loose/broken ankle/messed up one for sale at a reasonable price PM me!

Gah, the foot's broken on my one too. I was loose a few months back but I decided to check it again today and the boot just slid off with barely any resistance. Spose I should check ebay for a new foot in preparation for the repair.

I'm not too fussed to be honest. For starters it isn't something you can tell is broken just by looking at the display, so even if I don't get around to repairing it for a while it's not noticeable. Secondly, I've had quite a few medicom's with a broken foot and have fashioned wooden parts as replacements as I couldn't find any feet on ebay and didn't want to shell out for an entire new body when I only required the foot. At least with HT's there's always parts being sold here and there.

Believe it or not, I finally got this figure in today

I had bought 2 from SS back when they came out, but had them shipped to my cousin in the US. She finally got round to sending them to me and I got them today :lol
Truly of the same blood - I'm an equally bad procrastinator :lol

Anyway - No ankle/boot problems so far, have one off center knee pad, that's about it.
I like the bulkyness of the underlying body they used for this versus the OC Batman. The suit on the 2 I have are slightly different from each other, one looks closer to the OC Batman than the other.
The Batman head looks better than the OC Batman because of the tweaked face sculpt (on the neutral face) and of course the additional faces. The paint is miles better than the OC on the face.

I like the Bale sculpt but HATE the fact that its neckless. Also while it looks pretty good from front on, side on it looks terrible and far too shallow.
Have got 1 posed in the First Night out setup and the other as my Begins Batman with Lance's long cape. Now just need to attach clips to the cowl, and then wait for a custom Batman head to replace the head with altogether :lol
My old OC Batman will be used for a Begins Batsuit closet dio which I have planned...

I will be selling a spare Wayne head and a spare Batman head, if anyone is interested PM me. Will list in the FS section soon in any case.

Back