Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There it is! That's the picture I was looking for. Where did you find it?

Yeah, those are definitely the Hot Toys gauntlets with something to make them shiny.

Thats my bats. I bought demon gauntlets from ebay, sanded them down, then painted them with black gloss.

To be fair, I may have had his wrists bent in a tad too much on those last shots. Here he is with what I think looks like a very comfortable 'badass' wrist pose:

IMG_6628.jpg

And here he is in the identical pose with straight wrists:

IMG_6639.jpg

It's sublte, but I really think the bend in the wrist adds a lot.

You're right the slight bend is better looking. And your other post argues the case quite well.

I always bend the wrists. And like you Maglor it always drives me crazy when I see them sticking straight out. It doesn't even look right.

Oh and a-dev has the best sig, or rather disclaimer, on the board.

My most recent pose:

begins-01.jpg

It might not look like I bent the wrists, but I did give them a slight bend. I don't like how my photos of this figure turn out. It looks unimpressive to me on the screen, but when I look at it in this exact pose on the shelf beside me, it's badass.

Not the wrists, the arms.

Who holds their arms out like that? :/

You pose is way more extreme than my example even.

A man in a rubber bat suit, that's who. The arms aren't straight out anyway. There's a bend at both elbows when viewed from the side. It's not different than on those Superman and Batman statues you posted, the only difference is the rubber suit arms are not turning with the body underneath.

Edit: Wait, I think I see what you're saying. The lower arms need to turn more inward to appear more natural?

Last edited:
:lol I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at the recent topic of wrist position!

We really are in our own little world here aren't we. :lol

Maglor, you're being unfair. Some do pose their arms that way.

tumblr_lxjn2tqTvx1qazwkm.jpg

:lol :lecture

I started this one!

:hi5:

A man in a rubber bat suit, that's who. The arms aren't straight out anyway. There's a bend at both elbows when viewed from the side. It's not different than on those Superman and Batman statues you posted, the only difference is the rubber suit arms are not turning with the body underneath.

Like this?

custom-heroic-rock-superman-statue.jpg

Sure the arms can be out but they don't look like "sticks".

I posed my Superman in a similar way:

P1160459.jpg

But they are not all stiff in a straight line. There is a bend in both the wrists and the elbows.

Edit: Wait, I think I see what you're saying. The lower arms need to turn more inward to appear more natural?

:exactly: :goodpost:

Back