Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else prefer the smaller size of the Takara baterangs and grapnel gun instead of HT? I have both and the Tak stuff looks better in poses. I know the Tak gun isn't accurate in terms of colors but it looks great in his hands.

Yeah, I think Takara made the best batarangs out of all the 1/6 companies out there. They're nice and sharp and seem to be the same exact shape. They're really well done.

congrats to all that have bruce wayne
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

sorry for the bad pics i had to share:clap

Besides the promo shots, these are the first images I have seen where dust isn't present. How did you get that? Did you use the clone brush on photoshop? :wink1:
I bet these are straight out of the box pictures. The suit will look different in a short while. There are more photos around with dust free suits. I use tape. Works fine. If you are patient enough, you can get all of the dust off.

That is one bad ass pic Alice, haven't seen too many really good pics of this figure in the past.

I see pictures like Alice's up there and i'm like damn i want this. The thing is...i already have it.:cuckoo::lol

Seriously, fine work indeed.:monkey1

Besides the promo shots, these are the first images I have seen where dust isn't present. How did you get that? Did you use the clone brush on photoshop? :wink1:

Its not photo shop . It is brand new out of the box and i took the pictures right away.

First I would like to say that last I knew a person who spends the money they earn on buying a particular type of item until they get a few to form a collection is a collector. That is what I do with 1/6 action figures and over the years have gotten a lot of items.

I do reviews with my husband which we put a lot of time, effort, skill and money into creating because we enjoy doing it. We know not everyone will love them and that is fine. But we do have nearly 700 subscribers who appreciate what we do and those people are who we create the videos for. If they aren't your cup of tea don't watch them, its that easy.

I don't want to distract this topic any more than this comment so if you would like to reply please send me a private message about it. Below I will comment on a few of the postings good and bad that occurred in this thread about me and the review.

---------------
Another youtube review if it didnt get posted

Thank you for appreciating what we do and sharing with other people who may enjoy it.

That girls seems pretty mad at hot toys, and she is not even hot :pfft:

I am a bit frustrated with Hot Toys mainly because I can't afford to get all the figures I want with the higher prices. But I still appreciate the craftsmanship and artistry in the figures.

I have to go and dislike all of their videos.

I would appreciate if you don't like the one you watched then dislike that one. If you know you don't like the style of our reviews why would you go and watch and dislike all the other videos we have ever done, or worse go and dislike them without even watching them. What sense does that make?

You Guys know she's a member on here right?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/members/wendyo/

Just sayin

Hey Mike, thanks for attempting to put an end to this.

Everything she said was SPOT ON!! Great job, great review. Easy on eyes, too!:yess:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the review.

I do. I don't like her reviews.

I think that is pretty clear. Do you have any particular constructive criticism that you would like to share? If so please private message me as I requested above.

I watched the video for the information not the eye candy, so with that being said I thought everything she said was dead on.

Thanks for watching.

I liked the review! Good work!

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Not sure what everybody's complaining about. Review seemed fine to me ... it was balanced, hit the upside and the downsides of the figure itself, but seemed to be an overall very positive review of the figure. Seemed balanced even in her review of Hot Toys business practices ... excused re-releasing figures because it makes sense when there's money to be made, but mentioned the price inflation issue, which is certainly worth mentioning.

She's pretty enough. Cute voice.

SnakeDoc

Thank you I am glad you liked it and found it informative.

I agree. I think most guys are just taking jabs at the fact that she's a self proclaimed "hot chick" She not ugly, thats forsure. Meh, its better than some 11 year old dweeb giving the same review. Or better yet that shirtless Asian dude. :lol

Thanks for sticking up for me. I am not a self proclaimed Hot Chick it was my husbands idea, I wanted Cool Chix Hot Toy Review but thought that might make it seem like we only would do "Hot Toys" figures. My husband thinks I'm hot so he swapped them and went with it. Now it is what it is.

____less Asian? Prrrrrrr... sounds sensual. LOL.

Link me, I've never seen that. :rotfl

But yeah, the whole "hot chick..." proclamation is subjective. Seriously, its a dayumn toy review. Based on the ideology that we are all dweebs anyway collecting this stuff, we'll find anyone with any sense of sexuality and nice looks, 'hot.'

Listen, when you put yourself out there on youtube, expect good and bad. If you can't handle that, then don't do any videos.

That's my whole view of things. Not just her, but anyone and everyone who decides to put stuff out there. Your not always going to get praise, and if you are going to be bashed, critiqued or questioned about something, deal with it, reply and expect it. I just hope she's not like other people, who just block or never answer, and can't handle it...

She's a big girl...(with big...)

Good for her.

Well if these comments where directly on the video then I would have been notified of them and would have known what was going on. Because this was a post from someone else sharing it I had no idea what was going on until this weekend. I went to Frank and Son to pick up a figure and found out about all of this going on unbeknownst to me. Constructive criticism is fine, I am not a fan of flat out bashing something that work and effort has been put into. I would hope people would talk about me the same way they would to my face, since that is common courtesy and also because I am a forum member and will probably hear about it eventually.

Wow. All this hate on Wendy?? You guys give a bad name to this hobby. Unbelievable.

Pretty crazy right? It is things like this that turn me off from these forums. Thanks for pointing that out.

What a bunch of rude a-holes you guys are, talking crap about the girl in the review. She might not be a top model, but she ain't ugly either. And even if she were ugly, what happened to being a gentleman? Some of you out of shape, creepy looking, loser motherefers couldn't even get a girl 1/4 as good looking as her. I remember you guys from high school, bullying girls and the weaker kids.
Seriously, the level of immaturity here is disappointing. :pfft:

Thanks, yeah did make me feel like I was back in elementary school.

I rather enjoy her reviews. She's articulate and honest. She doesn't pander to any of the companies...obviously from this review. And I appreciate the obvious effort they take to produce the reviews...they have graphics, music and that huge figure display, not to mention they do cos play sometimes in them...very entertaining at least. Not just some guy/gal sitting on their couch or desk talking about hot awesome they think the figure is.

I have to admit, the "Hot Girl" title threw me off a bit when I first saw a review by her as that's not the adjective I would have used as I think she's cute...not hot. BUT...I saw her and the guy that does the reviews with her at SDCC and she is pretty hot looking in person. I don't think the camera is telling the whole story...tbh

Thanks for that. Did we end up talking to you at SDCC wish we had met up with more people while we were there.

She has that. "reading" from a teleprompter delivery. Facts are, she knows a lil' about these figures. She's very articulate and well spoken, but we all know her stuff is scripted and very contrived. It's not natural...

We all know who writes that stuff for her, and when you have seen more 'natural' videos of her, she is not that in-tuned with the figures, movie data et., but I'll give her kudo points for liking 1/6th scale toys and having a good eye (and a great set of jugs).

Considering that you don't know me I don't appreciate you stating facts about me. Yes we write a script, together. I do use a teleprompter so that the flow is steadily paced, stays on topic, and all the fine details are not lost. This is standard practice in the broadcast industry and we try to bring a professional level to our show.

Thanks Maglor. I think since she does it with her boyfriend Jason (he was the 3rd place winner in the general contest) he may have come up with the name. What guy doesn't think his Girlfriend is hot to him. :dunno

You got it. Good guess, except he's my husband.

I would rather someone read off a prepared script than some reviewers who ramble on and on. Seriously, I don't need someone to spend the first 5 minutes of a review going over every inch of the box, or stammering and stuttering because they don't know what to say next.

Yes, that is precisely the point of the teleprompter.

Well,it's like they say "One mans garbage is another mans treasure":wink1:

By the way, in certain parts of that vid it looks like she has a chubby.I wonder why?!:slap

That is just an all around rude comment, that I don't think you would make if we met in person. Please comment the same way you would if you were talking directly to me.

I think wendy is very hot and does a great job with reviews, I'd rather have her host that show instead of her boyfriend anyday, and if I remember correctly they said in one of the shows that they are members of this forum. I watch most of there reviews and find them to be very honest and informitive.

Yes we did mention that we were members of this forum, because we wanted to connect with more people here. Still holding out hope that there are more then a few nice people in these forums. Thanks.

GOOD GOD, ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS CHICK??? :gah:

I agree that this was a bit much for creating a review that I take pride in that someone else posted here. I don't want to distract the topic, but could not leave things this way.

Back