Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I'm afraid of though is they'll screw us again with Bane like they did the Joker. I only got the BR Joker like a year and a half ago, well after it came out, but I wanted a DX Joker so bad I could taste it. But $600 for a figure was not exactly in my price range, and I was searching for a job when he first came out.

I hope that when they release what I'm sure will be DXs for TDKR, that they just go ahead and do it and don't make second-rate versions of the figures for every one to buy first.:slap

In other news, Bruce Wayne/Batman is coming tomorrow! :yess:

Just wait for the Joker DX v2.0 :wink1:

My Batman with a little mod.
batman1.jpg

batman2.jpg

batman3.jpg

batman4.jpg

What did you mod?

It would make me soooo happy if HT would actually make the neck on a TDKR figure look exactly like this. :pray:

I mean exactly that, he covered the seam of the neck cut. The third photo looks like he attempted to go over it with something to hide the cut. Sculpey maybe, I don't know.

:dunno

I don't see any seam that he would have caused.

Weird how it's all greasy though.

Wait, I think I see what you mean.

I'm looking at the bottom of the cowl, but you mean at the base of his head?

Yeah, that's not at all what I did.

I'm not about to illustrate or diagram what I'm talking about. Where the head meets the neck I see that he attempted to cover up or go over where a neck cut would be. That grease you notice is paint, I think. Who knows, he'll have to shed light on what he did.

I wouldn't have even noticed the mod if it wasn't for that (though it looks odd). In fact, I haven't noticed a difference in any of the neck mods I've seen.

You saw the post above yours right?

So the guy actually cut the head off the neck. That nutz.

I'm not about to illustrate or diagram what I'm talking about. Where the head meets the neck I see that he attempted to cover up or go over where a neck cut would be. That grease you notice is paint, I think. Who knows, he'll have to shed light on what he did.

I wouldn't have even noticed the mod if it wasn't for that (though it looks odd). In fact, I haven't noticed a difference in any of the neck mods I've seen.

Jeff Dunham. Brave guy for doing that. The last time I saw a mod as extreme as that their hand was all bandaged up.

Finally, somebody noticed the neck mod. Believe me, it looks better than the original giraffe neck. I did not paint anything, except the seam that was filled with epoxy. I polished the rubber a bit, that is why it shines. This figure and the Batman DX have the same long neck issue. Many don't really bother or notice the difference, but for me the neck was not right. I just bought another cowl at a reasonable price and made the mod. Here is what I did:
batmanmod1.jpg

batmanmod2.jpg

batmanmod3.jpg

batmanmod4.jpg

Interesting. That's a pretty creative way of going about it.

It's worth noting, the original MMS 71 V1 TDK Batman prototype utilized the upper head of the OC Batman. Sort of what you made there.

2597399260_179f12ee88_b.jpg

2008622181555298jg6.jpg

2008622233248782hu2.jpg

20080625_4c76ec733e996a603e45kB1iLzSsL1Bo.jpg

2883968641_0beb6c245f_o.jpg

I'd love to own that original prototype.

Last edited:
Argh! Know I truly know what you are all on about regarding hot toys rubber suits. Seems like batman may have to say adios to the figure stand:
NokiaPhotos518.jpg

And this is just a top down view of Bats without stand. Keep in mind I dont have a decent camera nor a display case:
NokiaPhotos529.jpg

I like the pose. Looks much more realistic and badass without the stand. Problem is my house is constantly shaking so it may topple over at any moment.

I like the pose. Looks much more realistic and badass without the stand. Problem is my house is constantly shaking so it may topple over at any moment.

I'm terrible with displaying figures without their stands - whenever I see it in other people's pictures, i just assume there is some sort of magic involved.

The only figures of mine I have been able to get to stand without a stand is T2 T800, and this Bats. But the no stand definitely makes a world of difference.

What they should do is just use a magnetized base with magnets in the feet.

Finally, somebody noticed the neck mod. Believe me, it looks better than the original giraffe neck. I did not paint anything, except the seam that was filled with epoxy. I polished the rubber a bit, that is why it shines. This figure and the Batman DX have the same long neck issue. Many don't really bother or notice the difference, but for me the neck was not right. I just bought another cowl at a reasonable price and made the mod. Here is what I did:
batmanmod1.jpg

batmanmod2.jpg

batmanmod3.jpg

batmanmod4.jpg

Good to know you did it with an extra head. That way you still have a stock figure. :)

He definitely looks better with a shorter neck.

I did a completely different neck mod. I'll post about it when I get a chance.

Odd how the stand leaves those indents on this Begins Batman but not the OC.

Back