Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Photoshop neck mod was not too short after all. You can not have a neck that long wearing a suit and a cape on top of the shoulders.
batmanhead3.jpg
But even there, look at his traps. Bale's are well below the Batman's. Move him up to where they're even, and the neck will appear longer.

My Photoshop neck mod was not too short after all. You can not have a neck that long wearing a suit and a cape on top of the shoulders.
batmanhead3.jpg

You're comparing the Batman figure whose hunched his neck forward to a Christian Bale picture where he's not. Try again. I even have the figure angled with the picture I took at NYCC. The proportions are there. What else is there to dispute?

Plus the cowl is pretty tight. Probably not that much room for his hair to puff out like that inside the cowl.

3.png

We may need also need to look a whether the references being used are Christian Bale in the suit, a stunt man or just someone else posing in it for promotional shots.

Last edited:
Another reference of Christian Bale in the suit with the cowl on pretty tight. His stunt double doesn't really fill in the face of the cowl as much but you can still tell them apart in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in scenes where it's just action and no talk during the sequence.

batman-christian-bale.jpg

I don't get why people don't just buy 1:1 sized items if it bothers them that much if things aren't to the millimeter.

It's not about drawing lines all over pictures that are subjective due to angle. It's about what looks good and natural on the shelf. What looks human.

I wont discuss this any further until I can take pictures of my own figure. That will not be before Wednesday.

It's not about drawing lines all over pictures that are subjective due to angle. It's about what looks good and natural on the shelf. What looks human.

I wont discuss this any further until I can take pictures of my own figure. That will not be before Wednesday.

I see. Thanks for helping me understand the nuances.

It's not really that subjective when it's mirrored. I just don't see how anyone can say it's too long when it's pretty much perfectly scaled down. Comparing a front on shot of the head while he's leaning forward to a stock picture where he's not is misleading.

Go ahead and mod it up, but don't spread misinformation IMO.

It's not really that subjective when it's mirrored. I just don't see how anyone can say it's too long when it's pretty much perfectly scaled down. Comparing a front on shot of the head while he's leaning forward to a stock picture where he's not is misleading.

Agreed. :exactly:

Go ahead and mod it up, but don't spread misinformation IMO.

It's not just angle that makes it subjective. You are using certain points on the suit for reference and the 1/6 cowl is not a perfectly scaled down version of the real suit. Like I said it's simply a matter of what looks natural and human on the shelf. To me, the figure looks like Bale wore African neck rings for a number of years before putting on the cowl. And yes, I agree that the neck mod comp shot is misleading, but I don't think yours proves anything either.

Okay, now this really is my last post on the subject until I can take pics to illustrate my point. :lol

:lol You have got to love how analytical everyone gets around here when it comes to toys. We're so heavily invested how our figures look. Think about it. We're willing to buy 30 dollar capes from lforigno for this figure, meanwhile most of us would probably shudder at the thought of buying a 30 dollar pair of jeans for ourselves. God, I love this place!! :rotfl

It's not just angle that makes it subjective. You are using certain points on the suit for reference and the 1/6 cowl is not a perfectly scaled down version of the real suit. Like I said it's simply a matter of what looks natural and human on the shelf. To me, the figure looks like Bale wore African neck rings for a number of years before putting on the cowl. And yes, I agree that the neck mod comp shot is misleading, but I don't think yours proves anything either.

Okay, now this really is my last post on the subject until I can take pics to illustrate my point. :lol

My picture is to point out the proportions that were scaled down from reference are on point and that the neck isn't too long; to the point where the other poster is suggesting to trim down a sizeable amount of the head.

If you don't know what that means I guess that really is your last post until you can "illustrate" your point.

Back