Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a stupid question: what's the best way to get the harness off?

My fingers were too sausagey to undo the two leg clips. I wound up just undoing the straps from the three belt pieces, but I imagine re-strapping those will be un-fun. Not that I plan on ever putting it back on, anyway.

Use tweezers to remove the front strap and use the same carefully to unclasp the harness straps arount the two thighs.

Yes they will refund. You have 30 days from the date of the product being delivered, to return.

Not to sound antagonistic, but their return policy was stated a few times: at checkout, in the processing email that they sent at the time of shipping, and it's on on their website via the "help desk". Seriously! Read your orders carefully, guys! :lol

Ive reads things like that before and still got the run around that's why I asked if that's ok with you. Thanks anyway.

Here's a stupid question: what's the best way to get the harness off?

My fingers were too sausagey to undo the two leg clips. I wound up just undoing the straps from the three belt pieces, but I imagine re-strapping those will be un-fun. Not that I plan on ever putting it back on, anyway.

Use tweezers to remove the front strap and use the same carefully to unclasp the harness straps arount the two thighs.

:lecture

I use my tweezers almost daily. They'er a must in this hobby.

Last edited:
Yeah I use those all the time but when I switch out the neck adapter for one that holds onto an HT sculpt better the adapter is all loose. Like it doesnt fit as tight on the little round post. Does anyone know if there is something I can use to tighten it. I think someone was talking about super glue working.

Yeah the TTL ball joint is too small for the Hot Toys socket. So what I did was I took the cylinder extention piece inside the TTL neck joint, shaved it down with an electric grinder and forced inside the Hot Toys socket.

:lecture

I use my tweezers almost daily. Their a must in this hobby.

:exactly: SE Forceps, Curved 8" and Straight 8"
I use two of these to put on jackets, I stick them through the bottom of the sleeves and grab and lock on the cuff of the shirt sleeves. Keep the shirt sleeves from rolling up and bunching up. Also great for tucking in shirts and blousing pants into boots.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/SE-Forceps-Curved-Straight/dp/B000W1Y9YU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319848571&sr=8-3[/ame]

Crap! I used the wrong "they're" :gah:

Okay, fixed! :yess:

Anyway... yes, futzing 1/6 is a nightmare without tweezers. However, I've never used the forceps style. I use traditional tweezers as well as the pointy 'sliver removal' type which are a must for getting buttons through holes. :)

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

Crap! I used the wrong "they're" :gah:

Okay, fixed! :yess:

Anyway... yes, futzing 1/6 is a nightmare without tweezers. However, I've never used the forceps style. I use traditional tweezers as well as the pointy 'sliver removal' type which are a must for getting buttons through holes. :)

The forceps work great for buttons too, just slip them thru the button hole and grab the button, pull through. I couldn't live with out them.

By the way 'they're' is still wrong :rotfl

Did anyone else have a horribly hard time getting the Batman belt snapped on? The opposite side to the clip even came unglued and I had to super glue it.

I was never planning on using it for Spidey, but that chunk of rock is so great for Batman poses.

And I can't believe tweezers didn't occur to me. I've used them for some stuff, but usually only when fingers physically don't work. I haven't tweezer-futzed yet, I think that is part of Maglor Futzing 102.

By the way 'they're' is still wrong :rotfl

'They are' is "they're" right? :huh

Just looked it up, and came across this: https://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.htm

I got 100%! :yess: :lol

Well sorta. I used a pin to poke a whole but I ended up having to push the pegs through the material anyway. I kinda wished I had positioned the cape a bit lower before I finalized it. Lower on his shoulders.

:( That's why I hesitate to make any holes. Seems like it will limit futzing options.

My idea is to sculpt some tabs that could be placed anywhere along the cowls edge.

I was never planning on using it for Spidey, but that chunk of rock is so great for Batman poses.

And I can't believe tweezers didn't occur to me. I've used them for some stuff, but usually only when fingers physically don't work. I haven't tweezer-futzed yet, I think that is part of Maglor Futzing 102.
The Aliens Marines are literally impossible to deal with without tweezers. Write that down. :lecture

Back