Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but somehow there are those against reissues because it takes the value of their figures away- or they recently paid ALOT for them.
Guess they aren't in in for the hobby- just flipping for big profit. Nothing wrong with that but you shouldn't be AGAINST a reissue with a bunch of lame excuses for HT not to!

:horse:horse:horse:horse

Ankle was broken on mine I didnt even look if anything else was wrong

:( so sad for this much money. I dont understand how they just didnt check the ankles I dont see how it broke in shipment.

Ankle was broken on mine I didnt even look if anything else was wrong

:( so sad for this much money. I dont understand how they just didnt check the ankles I dont see how it broke in shipment.

Welcome to the club my friend, we have jackets.

The ankles weren't broken through shipping, but on HT's parts of issues with the figure itself.

They do have them in stock. What they want me to do is return it and once they've received it, they'll open up my ability to re-buy it. Not a swap out, why?

See This is how this is going to play out! I have a bad one myself the rubber suit has a pretty nice tear in the back! SO I told them I wanted a replacement I sent my 3 pics and I called they told me someone would be in contact! Now I have spent allot of money on this company starting back with the first hell boy, James bond figures and now hot toys. in fact my Indy just shipped! So if they tell me I have to send it back then try to reorder! I'm going to tell them to pound salt! they will send me a replacement! Now depending on the response I get! The next step may be I file a claim with my credit card company! Now this is not what I want to do in fact I don't even care if they send me the piece and I have to fix it myself I just want my 100% batman that I paid for! this should not be an issue But if they try to hold my feet to the fire. I will be done with sideshow and looking for a good 1/18 scale collector site at least with a broken figure there the most I maybe out is what $10 or $15 bucks. It is terrible that they can take a hobby that we truly love and make it stressful. And it does really stress me out to pay this kind of money for a figure only to receive a $200 PROBLEM! I spent at least 45 min on there site the day the reorder was going on just to get this figure Now I have deal with trying to get one that is problem free. I was planning on dropping what ever the amount is for the 89 bat mobile but can you imagine if that has issues We may have to ship back 22Lb 3ft bat mobile back to get a replacement! And My exclusive superman is in line to be charged to my card in the next few weeks! If this is truly there way of fixing the issue by making you hope there is one to reorder once you send yours back. I think we should all be done! In fact I may just mention it when they do call me! I have no problem telling them just how crappy I think it is to do that to someone! Even if it is not to me. Its enough to make me rethink cancelling every preorder I have with them!

Last edited:
WTF Hot Toys?! Ive been away from this thread for about a week and its has exploded with breaking boots, dented suits, tears etc. Mine comes tomorrow so I have fingers crossed. How could there be so many problems on one figure? Did they just use a really ____ty factory? Hmm its going to be interesting to se the future of this figure though. I wonder what this will do to the value of it as everyone knows HT is on fire right now with everyone paying out the ass for their figures.

I'll let you guys know how mine is when I get him tomorrow... he's going straight back to SSC if there's any defects.

Yah. I've been an action figure/ toy collector my entire adult life. I generally like to keep my stuff MISB. However I'm new to Hot Toys. I feel an overwhelming urge to open my Batman cause I feel like he's to cool not to. Don't know what to do ! :gah:

Make an exemption on this one and open it esp. if you got it @ SS! :panic:

100_1007.jpg

Those custom capes are very beautiful! :hi5:

We all know about the controversy surrounding the mass 'buy-up' of the exclusive figures by scalpers. But at least Sideshow selling a large batch (though not quite large enough) has succeeded in getting a good few of these sets directly into the hands of collectors. But was it worth all the fuss?

Well, I think so. Although the finish of the rubber suit isn't quite as refined as the original release, its still a great improvement in most other respects... most notably the fantastic new Wayne/Bale portrait-

Review- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_092111b.htm

Mike also has the lowdown on the cool 'bits and pieces' horror accessory set from Shrunken Had studios here- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_092111a.htm

box1-4.jpg

A1detail15.jpg

A2pose14.jpg

comp1.jpg

detail15-4.jpg

detail32-3.jpg

pose5-2.jpg

detail24-2.jpg

pose12-2.jpg

detail30-2.jpg

figure looks horrible, or was it just the picture frame angle.

Fellow batman freaks, can anyone point me in the right direction to find a Bruce Wayne dress shirt that has a collar that fits around the neck of the new Bruce sculpt? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know Ebay has them but how do I know which one will fit?

The head sculpts are phenomenal but the body just feels like a giant POS, especially the rubber suiting that looks like it's about to tear any moment with any sort of articulation that stretches it. The shoddy cape also.

I don't know why people are complaining about the capes like it's something new. HT always had used bad capes for bats for some reason. This one is actually a little better, but still crap sure.

The rubber also feels the same as the OC to me... you probably would've thought that was crap too then.

I don't know why people are complaining about the capes like it's something new. HT always had used bad capes for bats for some reason. This one is actually a little better, but still crap sure.

The rubber also feels the same as the OC to me... you probably would've thought that was crap too then.

:rotfl It's funny when you have to get out the ol' takbats cape to upgrade it for a new figure.

Fellow batman freaks, can anyone point me in the right direction to find a Bruce Wayne dress shirt that has a collar that fits around the neck of the new Bruce sculpt? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know Ebay has them but how do I know which one will fit?

Please fellas, anybody have any suggestions as to what type of shirt will fit the new Bruce neck? The medicom suit I have fits fine, just the shirt collar is not quite big enough...

1091478e-6245-4cd3-a831-f54d360b199c.jpg

Please fellas, anybody have any suggestions as to what type of shirt will fit the new Bruce neck? The medicom suit I have fits fine, just the shirt collar is not quite big enough...

1091478e-6245-4cd3-a831-f54d360b199c.jpg

Try a Hot Toys dress shirt. I believe Medicom figures are smaller then Hot Toys. Try Toy Anxiety.

why on the ht tdk oc batman doesnt the grapple gun hang on the front of his belt like in the movie when he takes down scarecrow and jumps onto the white van?????

why on the ht tdk oc batman doesnt the grapple gun hang on the front of his belt like in the movie when he takes down scarecrow and jumps onto the white van?????

It bent his pecker in a permanent downward position.:monkey1

I love this figure.

Back