Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that really boggles me... why every figure release we get spare hand pegs but Batman never gets this love.

One thing that really boggles me... why every figure release we get spare hand pegs but Batman never gets this love.

Tell me about it. I just bought a pair off of ebay so that I can have backups.

It's been post several time. The extra hand pegs are under the Batman figure. Just move that little white packet, there's a little tray under it.

:panic: i badly want to set up a poll about who got badly defective bats or passable ones

I would be fine if they burn't them all and i had the only on in existence. No but seriously..the figure has issues. Afterall, it is Batman and rubber is involved. The chances of getting a perfect sample are slim. With that being said if you don't have broken feet, or a LARGE rub mark on the Wayne head.. feel pretty good about.

(Broken bodies and rips in the suit are a entirely different matter. Dents? MEH. It's rubber live with it if you like the figR
)

No but seriously..the figure has issues. Afterall, it is Batman and rubber is involved. The chances of getting a perfect sample are slim. With that being said if you don't have broken feet, or a LARGE rub mark on the Wayne head.. feel pretty good about.

(Broken bodies and rips in the suit are a entirely different matter. Dents? MEH. It's rubber live with it if you like the figR
)

:goodpost:

True, true! :lecture

I just came by here to see if anybody else has an issue with the foot and I see there are.
I have messed up right foot but I just assumed it popped out and i was just unable to put it back in. Are folks sure it's not just popped out?

I also have the slight paint rubs but I that doesn't really bother me.

What are folks doing about it?

I just came by here to see if anybody else has an issue with the foot and I see there are.
I have messed up right foot but I just assumed it popped out and i was just unable to put it back in. Are folks sure it's not just popped out?

I also have the slight paint rubs but I that doesn't really bother me.

What are folks doing about it?

try a few more times to put the boot back in the socket. are you feeling any crunching? if so, don't feel bummed you aren't alone. email ss for a new boot. (see this is where their 'smash the figR' policy irks me, where are they getting spare parts of this magnitude? why not send a pre paid envelope and salvage parts? fail ss..fail.) if the head issue didn't bother you right away, forget about it. oh yeah, i tried alcohol and goo gone on my slight rub mark from the plastic to no avail. they put the plastic on too soon after paint. i don't know why they felt the need to use plastic, pretty ____ing stupid. they should have used foam. $225 plus tax and shipping should have gotten us foam.

anyway..i still love this figure.

try a few more times to put the boot back in the socket. are you feeling any crunching? if so, don't feel bummed you aren't alone. email ss for a new boot. (see this is where their 'smash the figR' policy irks me, where are they getting spare parts of this magnitude? why not send a pre paid envelope and salvage parts? fail ss..fail.) if the head issue didn't bother you right away, forget about it. oh yeah, i tried alcohol and goo gone on my slight rub mark from the plastic to no avail. they put the plastic on too soon after paint. i don't know why they felt the need to use plastic, pretty ____ing stupid. they should have used foam. $225 plus tax and shipping should have gotten us foam.

anyway..i still love this figure.

I don't feel any crunching and if I role the boot down for a gander, I don't see anything broken. My only issue with repeated attempts to press the foot in is that I scuff the rubber at the knees and legs.
Though if that can be cleaned, I will try again. Can the rubber suite be cleaned?

My left boot also popped out while testing the articulation, looked inside and thought it was broken but it was actually just a small flap of rubber inside. And it was preventing the ball joint from fitting securely on the leg. Carefully removed the small rubber piece and it plugged in fine and both ankles are nice and tight.

I wonder if the U.S. release got the bottom of the pile because it was the last to be released and HT just used everything they can get their hands on to fulfill their orders.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that we should just live with dents in the rubber suit if we like the figure...I'm not sure I agree with that. We are shelling out $200+ for the figure...I don't think its unreasonable to expect a decent quality figure without defects...just sayin :dunno

I've got mine.

Broken right ankle, no dented abs, no bright in Bruce Wayne's headsculpt.

I can´t believe that I have pay 300$ after custom taxes, and have this problem...

I have to think about Batman'89...:thwak

I've got mine.

Broken right ankle, no dented abs, no bright in Bruce Wayne's headsculpt.

I can´t believe that I have pay 300$ after custom taxes, and have this problem...

I have to think about Batman'89...:thwak

Being that 89 Bats is a DX, I don't think we'll see too many issues...*fingers crossed*

Loving this figure. He looks great with a slight light source hitting him. Can't wait for the 89 version now :)

Back