Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, if I were calling in for a replacement part, I'd ask for a new right boot? The peg is good, but the plastic part of the boot, where the peg fits into is broken?

I emailed them Friday about it, called today and was told that they are backed up for the next 5-7 days. I was concerned that they would ask me to send back the whole figure, which im against since im worried that i might get one with other issued. I asked them if i can just have the boot and they said they would look into it but wont tell me till the end of the week. They required me to send photos of A) the boot separated from the leg (since there is no way for me to show the damage inside the boot) B) the small piece that fell out.

I would recommend doing it ASAP cause with the number of people growing whos to say how far you might behind everyone else.

I also sent an email to the customer service dept and notified them of the problem and requested for them to do inspection prior to shipping out any figure so other will not have the same issue. Don't know if they will do this, but its clear that they will be having lots of unhappy customers in the growing days to come

i had my waitlist converted in September, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

I was thinking people with damaged right feet could always go on ebay and buy a replacement.

Little did I know the boots go for 40-50 bucks . . .

What the hell is wrong with people? It seems like everything is getting more abundant and yet, the prices are getting higher with quality control getting worse. It just doesn't add up.

In 2008-2009 you could score some great deals on ebay for parts or whole MIB figures now, forget it. Something as small and simple as a hand peg go for more than I'd ever be willing to pay and most whole figures are over $200 before shipping.

This hobby is starting to suck. I hope nothing is wrong with my Batman that's coming on Wednesday just so I don't have to go through the hassle and anxiety of figuring out what to do next.

Hmmm.... Well, it's probably too late to inspect any orders. They typically inspect replacements though. I suspect any further problems are unavoidable at this point. I don't have much concern with Sideshow, except they have limited stock. Hot Toys could replace the boots, what sounds like a very easy fix. But, I understand they can be problematic and slow to work with, potentially timing you out of the SSC refund phase while you wait for a response. It's the catch 22 of collecting HT stuff.

I was thinking people with damaged right feet could always go on ebay and buy a replacement.

What the hell is wrong with people? It seems like everything is getting more abundant and yet, the prices are getting higher with quality control getting worse. It just doesn't add up.

In 2008-2009 you could score some great deals on ebay for parts or whole MIB figures now, forget it. Something as small and simple as a hand peg go for more than I'd ever be willing to pay and most whole figures are over $200 before shipping.

This hobby is starting to suck. I hope nothing is wrong with my Batman that's coming on Wednesday just so I don't have to go through the hassle and anxiety of figuring out what to do next.

I hear ya. Here's hoping mine comes in good shape on Wednesday. I ordered one of lforigno's capes for this. But, I've asked him to hold that order until I get the figure. If I have to send it back for refund, I won't have a bats to put that cape on. :(

I hear ya. Here's hoping mine comes in good shape on Wednesday. I ordered one of lforigno's capes for this. But, I've asked him to hold that order until I get the figure. If I have to send it back for refund, I won't have a bats to put that cape on. :(

Avenger i received my lforigno's cape a while ago. Just to let you know what to expect, you might have to do some cutting near the neckline and punch holes for the pins to go into

Also, keep in mind if there are full replacements or refunds there's a chance that those who have their waitlists converted will GET those replacement/refund figures.

I think I've seen that complaint before on this forum but I could be mistaken.

Well said. :exactly:

TDK OC Batman and T2 T-800 where my first figures when I first got into Hot Toys. One, I was blown away at the detail, and two, I was blown away with the quality. I must off popped the T-800 cyborg arm on twenty times, and not a single problem. I was possing Bats like crazy and not a single tear. Now, I'm paying almost double for the figures and I have to worry about this ____. I'm questioning the future of Hot Toys. :dunno

Right out of the box, my right boot fell off as well. But there didn't seem to be an issue as I snapped it back on and it hasn't had a problem since.

..okay it did fall off again but I put it back on. Does not seem to be broken, just not very tight.

Right out of the box, my right boot fell off as well. But there didn't seem to be an issue as I snapped it back on and it hasn't had a problem since.

..okay it did fall off again but I put it back on. Does not seem to be broken, just not very tight.
My MMS71 is exactly the same. Not broken, but VERY loose. Hope I don't run into the same problem with this figure

According to this guy they only made 800. And he really makes a point to stress that.:cuckoo::lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-B...Figures_JN&hash=item4aaf5fd9f7#ht_4987wt_1132

That listing made me laugh "Extremely Rare" "a VERY SMALL amount were sold on SSC" there is a hell of alot of embelishment

:lol

Well said. :exactly:

TDK OC Batman and T2 T-800 where my first figures when I first got into Hot Toys. One, I was blown away at the detail, and two, I was blown away with the quality. I must off popped the T-800 cyborg arm on twenty times, and not a single problem. I was possing Bats like crazy and not a single tear. Now, I'm paying almost double for the figures and I have to worry about this ____. I'm questioning the future of Hot Toys. :dunno

I've had to get replacements from my last two Hot Toys, they are really slipping in the QC Department

My MMS71 is exactly the same. Not broken, but VERY loose. Hope I don't run into the same problem with this figure

Same here. Left foot came off. I tried to snap it back but can't seem to hold still.

thanks for that mojomark - made me laugh.

i just checked mine. the left boot is loose, but the ankle peg isn't broken.

as far as the suit, it has a nice sheen to it - just like the OC Batman Begins, and just like i remember it from Comic-Con. i'm not sure what happened to the figures that arrived looking like they were dried out. i feel bad for those that received them in that condition.

Yeah, this has more of a matte finish than TDK release, but it doesn't look at all dry. Mine looks to be solid, nothing loose from when I pulled him out of the box but I haven't done much with him yet. I really wish the harness was not on when they shipped him though, I can see that causing issues for some.

Right foot arrived broken...pulled back the rubber boot and sure enough the plastic on the bottom boot that holds the ankle peg was broken...LAME! I'll bet there's no way to get a replacement either...:gah:

Back