Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take it with no box if it would come before Wednesday. The sooner the arrival sate is, the longer I feel I'm waiting. I think I'm gonna gloss paint the gauntlets. Easy fix to an inaccuracy in the colors. Might upgrade the cape too but we shall see.

Beware - Hot Toys - Batman Bruce Wayne

This is just a warning. Anyone who has not picked up one of these should be relieved. Got this today and after fiddling with it for one hour, trying to attach a different head, the cape, and hands, decided to return it for a refund. Unlike all my previous 30 figures from Hot Toys, the joints and other pieces are extremely hard to attach, reattach. The hand joints are made out of hard plastic and I couldn't push the right hand one back in. Finally had to use a pliers. The cape attaches with two hard plastic pins, which just don't fit into the holes very easily. Really, really poorly designed. I wish Hot Toys would make their products more user friendly. I've had a problem with nearly every piece I have. Not as bad as this one though.

Re: Beware - Hot Toys - Batman Bruce Wayne

Uhhhh.....these aren't unusual 'complaints' for Hot Toys figures. Just about everyone has to use hairdryers and pliers to swap out parts. Plus, wrong forum.

When did Sideshow start cheaping out on shipping? They sent it in the thin HT brown box. no protective outer package.

$14 for that service?

I received my Bats today and it came in just the brown shipper, it was fine but the new way they are sending figures out is direct result of Sideshow offering free shipping for most HT figures, they have to skimp somewhere, this sucks because more figures will be arriving dammaged.

I received my Bats today and it came in just the brown shipper, it was fine but the new way they are sending figures out is direct result of Sideshow offering free shipping for most HT figures, they have to skimp somewhere, this sucks because more figures will be arriving dammaged.

This has always been the way Sideshow ships it's Hot Toys and it's been discussed on several threads. Sideshow will provide what is called a 'Pack Out' for an addition $15.00, which is place the shipper into a larger box with packing. Other dealers like Alter Ego do it automatically.

I like that you all complain about the price of shipping and have no problem with the retarded price of the fig. :lol

Yeah the price is a lil steep for this guy but its a bargain if you think about what the OC Bats was going for just a few short months ago.

Tomorrow is the day for me.................can't wait!!!! :yess:

I've always just gotten HT figures from them in the brown mailer, BBTS ships in some pretty big boxes, but don't incclude the brown mailer.

Again, from BBTS.
013.jpg
:huh

Finally got him :rock

Btw i cant seem to put the cape clips in all the way. Its nearly impossible. Any tips?

I just tried as well and for the life of me, couldn't get the cape on. After I gave up, I read the instructions. It says to remove those round plastic things around the pegs that you insert into the suit and them put the cape on. :slap

So why put those round plastic things there in the first place?

Got mine today. When the UPS guy handed me the figure in just the Hot Toys box, I knew something was wrong.

Right out of the box, broken boot and dented ab. I'm pissed. What is SS thinking? UPS throws their packages around and there is absolutely NO PROTECTION when SS ships in just the Hot Toys box. :mad:

I sent SS an e-mail, so I guess I'll just have to see what happens. From now on, I'm BBTS all the way. When I got my DX Bruce Lee, it was packaged like the pic above. If I hadn't given them $25 for the DX Indy, I would be cancelling. I'm done with Sideshow. :wave

I hope you guys don't get ____ed up figures.

Back