Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone!!! anyone try the TDK Armory boots? I can find those on eBay, but for Medicom it seems i got to buy the entire figure.

What you could do is use the armoury boots which are two pieces at the ankle and use some electrical insulating tape to make sure they don't touch the suit when on the legs.

Don't do it. When the boots come into contact with the Toy Fairs rubber leggings, oil and moisture forms all over it.

I bought a pair of Armory Boots for myself and a friend. He used them right away, and yes moisture and oil formed. He wiped it away several times, but after maybe 2 weeks it was fine and has been since. It now looks and works fine.

My Batman had sadly suffered the same fate with the ankles. When I got him I opened it to inspect and luckily I had a good one.. I never displayed him so he was in storage. Then I started reading over time peoples ankles were still breaking even if they came good, so like 2 years later I checked it and sure enough 1 ankle was very loose, the other was ok though. But he was still able to stand fine on his own even with 1 loose ankle. I still have never displayed him. Like I said I did buy a pair of boots from the armory version for the day I need them, or if I decide to sell him the buyer won't have to worry.

I bought a pair of Armory Boots for myself and a friend. He used them right away, and yes moisture and oil formed. He wiped it away several times, but after maybe 2 weeks it was fine and has been since. It now looks and works fine.

My Batman had sadly suffered the same fate with the ankles. When I got him I opened it to inspect and luckily I had a good one.. I never displayed him so he was in storage. Then I started reading over time peoples ankles were still breaking even if they came good, so like 2 years later I checked it and sure enough 1 ankle was very loose, the other was ok though. But he was still able to stand fine on his own even with 1 loose ankle. I still have never displayed him. Like I said I did buy a pair of boots from the armory version for the day I need them, or if I decide to sell him the buyer won't have to worry.

thats exactly what happened with me. I bought him when it was released and when i opened him to check it out the feet were fine. But i never displayed it. So i just pulled him out the other day for the first time in several years and yup the feet were busted.

I think ill get the armory boots and try it out. I like the idea of putting some tape on them for protection as well. I have the Armory and Batman but i have him nicely displayed and to me thats the best 1/6 Batman from TDK Trilogy they did. So i dont want to take the feet off. The boots seem to be going for a reasonable price. so ill try and let you know how it goes. if anyone else has any stories good or bad let me know. :)

I'm curious - if you're not going to use the old, broken boot anyway, then what is the reason for not wanting to try the slice-and-replace fix? What do you have to lose?

I can tell you from personal experience that the fix can be done in a way that appears to be seamless.

Seems like a much better option than warping the rubber (see below), risking a chemical reaction (with the wrong model's boots), or using electrical tape to contrive a 2-piece boot solution (with the Armory boots).

If you've got some of the right boots (from an older model that won't cause a chemical reaction), great - but if not, you're looking at paying an arm and a leg for those boots, if you can even find them.

I think I remember guys painstakingly removing the inner socket, cutting a pair of truetype feet down and gluing it in the boot...no cutting of the boot itself.

From my experience, attempting this is more likely to damage the boot in a noticeable way. Removing the shattered foot piece and gluing in a new piece without slicing the boot along the rim will potentially warp the rubber as you maneuver your foot-pieces and tools into the boot. Best to slice, as this can be repaired in a way that is not visible.

I'm curious - if you're not going to use the old, broken boot anyway, then what is the reason for not wanting to try the slice-and-replace fix? What do you have to lose?

I can tell you from personal experience that the fix can be done in a way that appears to be seamless.

Seems like a much better option than warping the rubber (see below), risking a chemical reaction (with the wrong model's boots), or using electrical tape to contrive a 2-piece boot solution (with the Armory boots).

If you've got some of the right boots (from an older model that won't cause a chemical reaction), great - but if not, you're looking at paying an arm and a leg for those boots, if you can even find them.

From my experience, attempting this is more likely to damage the boot in a noticeable way. Removing the shattered foot piece and gluing in a new piece without slicing the boot along the rim will potentially warp the rubber as you maneuver your foot-pieces and tools into the boot. Best to slice, as this can be repaired in a way that is not visible.

i futzed with the figure tonight. the boots are broken but its not too bad when i use the figure stand to give it more balance. you would never know they were broken just by looking at it. im posing him in the first night out gear. looks great. after more resesarch seems if i do want to replace them the best solution is the medicom boots. the figure isnt that expensive but ill keep watch for parted out pieces. im in no rush.

i just dont want to slice them. they have some value even with the broken inner foot but if i slice and mess it up they are toast. and like i said they are ok for display purposes right now.

i just dont want to slice them. they have some value even with the broken inner foot but if i slice and mess it up they are toast. and like i said they are ok for display purposes right now.

I guess I'm going to go ahead and disagree with that. A boot with a shattered foot has absolutely no resale value. If you slice and mess it up, you've lost nothing.

A boot with a repaired foot absolutely has resale value. If you slice and don't mess it up, you've gained tremendously. And let's be honest - slowly slicing a piece of rubber isn't rocket science. If you can cut a steak, you can cut a boot.

Your call, of course.

Is there still any demand for the original suit version from the Dark Knight line, even though it doesnt have the Begins accessories? Wasnt sure if I should throw it on ebay or not, I don't really see any completed auctions.

Some one on FB has this up for sale. With a Choi Ben sculpt, Tony Me I cape and DX12 boots. It's very tempting...

I once had 2 of these figures and like everyone said, the ankles were busted. but my main gripes is with the suit. It was such a dust magnet and I feared that it won't last several years later. If only hot toys made this with the same material EB's using, now that's another story

slowly finishing mods to my batman begins figure.

I replaced those bulky, hard knee guards to ones that are more film accurate.

IMG_2245-----------------.jpg

IMG_2244----------------.jpg

IMG_2258-----------------.jpg

7 (1)-----------------.jpg

you do need to widen the boot opening to use them for this figure.

the thick rubber suit makes it somewhat difficult to get boots on,
but I stretched them out after dipping them in a pot of boiling water.

Back