Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to sell this guy. I've only ever really used the cowl on my OC figure and the rest has just been boxed up the whole time. Seems silly to keep hold of it just for that so whacked it on ebay as I dont think I can sell on here anymore right? Don't you have to be a premium member now?

Here is a pic of damaged TF cowl. :slap

Posted this in one sixth republic and was recommend to use Novus Scratch Remover. Hope it works.:gah:
View attachment 115902

Novus plastic polish will make the area glossy.

I would hit the cowl with two light coats of Testors Clear Lusterless spray.

I have extensive experience with both products, and highly recommend against using the Novus on this.

Ouch, I don't see that being fixed buddy..by all means try everything though. You have nothing to lose. What i would do...if you have the whole set, throw it up on eBAY, you could probably get $250 for whats left easy (first night out look).

In the meantime, if ya can get this one.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ous-Basterds-and-T1000!-Enterbay-Men-in-Black!!

OR..hope for a Dx and display yours as first night out..it's a cool look

I had a few small, minute scratches on the back of one of my cowls (it was mint in box, never opened too) and used a tennis ball to gently rub it out. Worked like a charm.

Not sure how bad that scratch is or how it occurred (like what it hit up against) but it might work.

Last edited:
Hi
Can anyone tell me what paint people have used on the gauntlets to make them
Look really glossy?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens if you spray it with some kind of finish, does that work?

I forget, are they glossy in the film?

I'm not sure but iv seen a few on here that they've made the gauntlets glossy and it looks awesome. I don't know if it's a glass acrylic spray or black gloss paint? I'd like to try it on one of mine but want to know for sure

I'm not sure but iv seen a few on here that they've made the gauntlets glossy and it looks awesome. I don't know if it's a glass acrylic spray or black gloss paint? I'd like to try it on one of mine but want to know for sure

It might be the Takara gauntlets.

What happens if you spray it with some kind of finish, does that work?

I forget, are they glossy in the film?

They are actually both.

View attachment 116860

batman_begins-118.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Anyone have any idea of the best paint to use to achieve the gloss effect yet?

Thanks for the pics. Anyone have any idea of the best paint to use to achieve the gloss effect yet?

Might be easier to just find a varnish that adds that glossy finish.

Any kind of varnish in particular?

I wouldn't like to recommend one specially as i dont have that great a knowledge of it, and there are certainly those here that would be better to recommend one. :)

I remember some guys painting the stock gauntlets, sorry can't remember what they used it should be in this thread somewhere though. However.. the most popular and best option was the Takara gauntlets, as seen here:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_073106a.htm

People were buying those parted out for a pretty hefty sum when this and the original was released. They have become quite rare these days, never see them parted out anymore.

Back