Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually HT seem to rush Toy Fair Ex figs. I think they have to be released by a certain date.

Well, I would have hoped that they plan for the figures a year in advance, but if they are rushing them I guess not.

It's a shame that they did rush the Batman, because even with the issues it's a still a cool set. I have no doubt they will revisit the costume in the future. Next year is the Ten year Anniversary so I think it might be between now and then.

Star Spangled Man was another that turned out poorly, but Gordon & Colton were nice. Evil Supes was basically a modified regular Supes so that was pretty easy to reproduce, Angelinica I thought wasn't bad, Rescue Cap looks great in hand.

What's wrong with Star Spangled Cap? I enjoyed the Rescue Captain America, and you know my thoughts on Gordon.

I kind of think it would be a idea if the Toy Fair EX's being secondary characters or variants of a already released character from now on.

It was just poorly made. The sculpt, and design, the body. Having in hand, you could tell very little effort was made putting it together and making it look and feel like Cap.

Yeah, a shame indeed. Like for instance, just thinking about it, he has like no upper body mass. The chest is decent, but the back like concaves in.... and he has this belly cushion under-suit that makes no sense, should've been used for his upper body. Thighs are super thick, legs are thin as hell... :slap

I love the OC costume version. The TF version is horrible - the rubber can easily be rubbed so it becomes shiny. However, the cowl and suit for both figures is WAY off. If you compare it to the real version, they look nothing like each other.

Is the Enterbay version accurate? Are there any more for retail? Do they all come w/ the short belt problem?

In an ideal world, i would love to see this suit get a remake, a double pack like the recent Cap set, With Ra's!

Where at? I've only checked BBTS and it's been sold out except for used ones, and I'd prefer new MiB.

Check amazon. Otherwise, I'd seriously consider buying a MIB Pre owned one. Enterbay supposedly had mega QC issues so when I look for my myself I might get one that I know is in good shape.

Is the Enterbay version accurate? Are there any more for retail? Do they all come w/ the short belt problem?

It blows everything that HT has done regarding The Nolan Trilogy out of the water. It is sincerely freaky good.

Sold my HT TF Begins for almost $450-opened + ankle problems (unbelievable ppl would pay that much for that disgrace) and got me the EB.

I never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the belt issue on every one? That's the only thing stopping me right now. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger right now but the fact that I'm horrible at mods and the possibility of getting one with a belt that only fits around his stomach horrifies me, since I would be paying near $400 for a figure and I can't imagine displaying him with the belt so high and off..

The belt is off on every single figure. And the mod is the easies thing to do (I hate mods).

You basically extend the length of the belt with a twist tie and that's it. No one will be able to see that from the front. I also heard that the HT1/4 belt fits him, but in not 100% sure.

The belt is off on every single figure. And the mod is the easies thing to do (I hate mods).

You basically extend the length of the belt with a twist tie and that's it. No one will be able to see that from the front. I also heard that the HT1/4 belt fits him, but in not 100% sure.

Interesting..... can anyone confirm this? I think I can get one for around $40. The coloration is the same as the Enterbay, or is that one a bit more copper?

HT belt is way more bright gold. Same difference as the Begins /DX02 suit vs dx12

I wouldn't go that far.. The Hot Toys belt is more gold, but the EB belt isn't colored the same as the DX02. DX02 belt is colored in a dark matte gold, and the EB belt is bright copper-gold

Back