Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping he got a perfect one... odds are against him though, i predict a broken boot:(

Does anyone got a perfect one?

With:

-no Broken/loose ankle
-no bubble air on the arm
-no shine on the head
-no peeling
-no dent
-no wrong knee protector position (the right leg)

Sorry if I forgot something.

Does anyone got a perfect one?

With:

-no Broken/loose ankle
-no bubble air on the arm
-no shine on the head
-no peeling
-no dent
-no wrong knee protector position (the right leg)

Sorry if I forgot something.

Mine was fine...none of the problems.

Got my replacement body today... he fused wrist was solved, but ironically the replacement had the SAME problem of the right ankle peg beng fused to the right boot. I had asked them to disassemble every peg and all and ship separately. They did that for the wrists, but... also the replacements left ankle is floppy and loose, it comes of pop whenever you try to pose the ankles. Also they shipped it covered in lots of brown paper. small minute dusty bits of which now cover the whole rubber body and cling to i tight enough that a stiff brush has little effect in rubbing them off :dunno

2008622181555298jg6.jpg

2883968641_0beb6c245f_o.jpg

I'd love to own that original prototype.

Lol yeah I always tho it was tehtime better than the actual product.

I took it out for inspection this morning. No major problems. The head has a little shine, but it's very slight. You have to put it directly under a lamp and move your face inches away from the figure to see it. The right arm under the bicep is a little squishier than the left, but again you won't know unless you're always touching it, which I won't be.

But yeah, nothing that completely deflated me, so I'm happy. Unfortunately I'm keeping him in the box until after his case arrives from Hong Kong. I'm trying to keep the dust off of him.

Argh! Know I truly know what you are all on about regarding hot toys rubber suits. Seems like batman may have to say adios to the figure stand:
NokiaPhotos518.jpg

:gah:Just checked mine after seeing your post and mine has the same thing. I am sure the dents will slowly come back out, but WTF:slap

So, now I have my two figures posed with NO stands (to not dent the suit), standing poses (nothing dynamic to stress the rubber), and in a sealed display box (to not act as a lint/dust catcher out in the open).:panic:

Keaton had better be made of better quality than this................. You can do better Hot Toys......

What did you think would happen if you have something hard pressing into the soft rubber like that!?!? I wouldn't worry, though. The dents should slowly disappear.

Argh! Know I truly know what you are all on about regarding hot toys rubber suits. Seems like batman may have to say adios to the figure stand:
NokiaPhotos518.jpg

:gah:Just checked mine after seeing your post and mine has the same thing. I am sure the dents will slowly come back out, but WTF:slap

So, now I have my two figures posed with NO stands (to not dent the suit), standing poses (nothing dynamic to stress the rubber), and in a sealed display box (to not act as a lint/dust catcher out in the open).:panic:

Keaton had better be made of better quality than this................. You can do better Hot Toys......

Ouch... :monkey1. As for Keaton Batman, I'm pretty sure that it's going to have its own problems.

Interesting. That's a pretty creative way of going about it.

It's worth noting, the original MMS 71 V1 TDK Batman prototype utilized the upper head of the OC Batman. Sort of what you made there.

2597399260_179f12ee88_b.jpg

2008622181555298jg6.jpg

2008622233248782hu2.jpg

20080625_4c76ec733e996a603e45kB1iLzSsL1Bo.jpg

2883968641_0beb6c245f_o.jpg

I'd love to own that original prototype.

That prototype looks great. Much better proportions than the final V1 TDK version. Shame it came out looking terrible. I'd take it over the DX now, given the DX oil problems.

So I got this thing posed in a really cool looking dramatic pose in a fighting stance, but im worried about the thin rubber being deformed. Anyone know if the rubber can be ruined by a dramatic pose?

I believe I'm going to leave the harness on mine and have him holding the mask, even though the BB suit maybe my favorite Batsuit.

It's simple, but I like the look.

Back