Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the ANH version can look "presentable"... if only just barely presentable for me. I've been meaning to do the face mods since I got my ANH Chewies, but I just never get around to it. But to see a newly resculpted HT Chewy face included with a light-up backpack 3PO would be awesome. My cheapo custom is really only a placeholder...

44047086355_932c8b1563_o.png

What 3PO is that? Looks great.

Probably because Ford really brought out the character of Han the best. And who doesn’t like how Han and Leia feel in love with each other.

I liked the outfit the best . The blue jacket was iconic IMO

As far as the figure goes..because HT screwed up ANH

I'm not sure I'd call his ESB outfit more iconic than his ANH, but it's definitely a cooler and better designed one.

And the fact he's also got a much less dated looking hairstyle in ESB probably doesn't hurt either. :D

Yeah the ANH version can look "presentable"... if only just barely presentable for me. I've been meaning to do the face mods since I got my ANH Chewies, but I just never get around to it. But to see a newly resculpted HT Chewy face included with a light-up backpack 3PO would be awesome. My cheapo custom is really only a placeholder...

44047086355_932c8b1563_o.png

This makes me realise that if Hot Toys / Sideshow made a Bespin Security Guard and a Cloud Car Pilot, I would have to get them too :gah:

I'm not sure I'd call his ESB outfit more iconic than his ANH, but it's definitely a cooler and better designed one.

And the fact he's also got a much less dated looking hairstyle in ESB probably doesn't hurt either. :D

True, it’s ironic how his ROTJ outfit was a mix of both ANH and ESB

He had the ESB shirt and pants with the ANH vest maybe not the same colors, but close enough

I'm hoping they are just using the Stormtrooper Han sculpt as a stand-in for the new ESB Han sculpt JC comes out with. I've had enough of smirking Han already after just one outing (unless they make it an alternate sculpt and they do it really well)!

If they could actually sculpt his smirk correctly, I'd be all for it. Since he did it pretty much all through the movie.

Also, I know it's a long shot, but a Deluxe version with the Hoth outfit (or even just the coat) would be the coolest thing ever.

1405976947138.jpg

If they could actually sculpt his smirk correctly, I'd be all for it. Since he did it pretty much all through the movie.

Also, I know it's a long shot, but a Deluxe version with the Hoth outfit (or even just the coat) would be the coolest thing ever.

View attachment 428242

Please no more Han Hoth and then we will have endure the question again is the parka Blue or Brown

Why ESB Han the most popular Han?
Because it's the only film where they wear a jacket. A jacket is cooler than a vest. I mean, a trench coat is even cooler..most of the time. So their look in by far the best Star Wars film ever, Return of the Jedi, should be their preferred look. The only reason why 99% of the masses say Empire (the 'chick flick & Yoda intro' of the series) is the best because they took the blue pill. Regardless of the mandatory, cliché, ESB zealots..which I am independent of all that; I do still think a blue jacket fits their persona much better than a camo trench coat.

I have always thought vest was more iconic more than jacket. The issue is ANH Leia costume is more iconic to me and I got it.
Oh, it definitely is. By far, the most iconic look of Han, Luke & Leia is how they first appeared in Star Wars. Nothing even comes close. I'm not even a big fan of the princess gown outfit, but had to get it when it came out because it's so iconic. Definitely prefer Hoth Leia more, but I'm good with just one Leia..well, maybe I'll get that Endor one. But definitely need me that Cloud City Han! It's the Jedi Luke of Solo's.

My guess on assesories
will be for this look...
c6e671ad422ae5b522cb47aef8ee2f4d.jpeg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

What 3PO is that? Looks great.

It's that Cheap-3PO that was in the TFA 2-pack with the R2-type droid. I think I paid $20 loose for it on eBay. I repainted it though.

This makes me realise that if Hot Toys / Sideshow made a Bespin Security Guard and a Cloud Car Pilot, I would have to get them too :gah:

Yeah, what's funny is that out of all the HT and SSC figs I have in my Bespin display, the Bespin Guard always pops and stands out as the coolest. Not even exactly sure why - maybe Kenner's influence. They were kinda background characters obviously but they are in pretty much all the action on Bespin. It was a super tough custom to make, but I love it. I really need to take some pics with the alternate moustache head (made to look like the Kenner figure.)

And I'm hoping to do a Cloud Car pilot, it's just pretty much 100% of that has to be built.

This pic they have the wrong holster front buckle..
89cca72efbd007073686a8b37b62e362.jpg
unless they just used the ANH one for these pictures..

Some have mentioned it but it gets glossed over - that's the smirking Trooper sculpt on him. Guarantee it's a placeholder, but it's still funny to see the excitement of the "the hair is the right color and shape! Look at the jaw!" when we already have this one.

All that aside, if there's a DX with the Hoth Gear and the Carbonite block, I might be swayed to get him. I'm such an ESB and Hoth sucker, and have wanted the block to go with my Fett for a while. Plus he'd go with Hoth Leia on display.

Back