Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carbonite block would be a great DX accessory! Maybe also the arm and hand shackles from when he's lowered. Oxygen mask is a must, and maybe the welder and goggles.

Review_HanSoloBespinOutfitTVC_stillA.JPG
Great idea! They can hide the sculpt really well with those.

It would be nice if they included two different ESB Han head sculpts.
You have to keep in mind, this all started with the Hot Toys Bespin Luke, which has two different head sculpts, of course two different variations on the same costume, etc.

That way, maybe they get one right ...

There is a Blade Runner 2049 Harrison coming out soon with 2 different head sculpts, and that’s way less expensive than a Hot Toys release, if they can do that, so should Hot Toys.

a85b007dfa0ffd0473772510398b69e6.png
7f1d312786bf4386849e3d30220971e5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see more of Robin Williams than Harrison Ford in that sculpt haha. Can't wait for the full reveal of Bespin Han, an absolute must have, and his best costume from any film as far as I'm concerned.

It’s actually bizarre that HT can capture an Old Ford sculpt to perfection but they can’t tackle a young Ford

Is it the wrinkles making it easier :lol

I see more of Robin Williams than Harrison Ford in that sculpt haha. Can't wait for the full reveal of Bespin Han, an absolute must have, and his best costume from any film as far as I'm concerned.

I didn’t say those 2049 were perfect, I’m just saying Hot Toys should provide two sculpts with the ESB Han, this is the piece above all pieces that everyone has been waiting for, I wish they could deliver 2 head sculpts, like one like the Jnix ESB Han and do another emotion and or facial expression, that ESB Jnix is amazing

This is an all or nothing release.....

If they get the sculpt at the TFA level of perfection, it could be the biggest seller in SW they have had.....

If they get it wrong....it will be the most ridiculed SW figure ever.

The broke the Harrison Ford curse with TFA Han, but does a young Ford curse still exist?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I’d say the best young Harrison Ford portrait is Sideshow’s 1:6 Temple of Doom Indy a few years ago. Sure, they messed up the seam on his swappable hair, but the face is probably the closest we’ve seen.

Hopefully Bespin Han will nail it

9f104a455dd0773eca9aff9b0e6b875f.png

It’s actually bizarre that HT can capture an Old Ford sculpt to perfection but they can’t tackle a young Ford

Is it the wrinkles making it easier :lol

I think you are right about the wrinkles. The less texture and definition to a face, the harder it is to bring out the character. Look at TFA Han or Tarkin those are gorgeous sculpts then look at young Han, young Luke and many of the female sculpts, much harder to get the likeness right.

But there are always exceptions, Anakin is a good example.

I didn’t know there was a ESB version by Jnix? You have a pic

Here’s mine, painted by Mark Simpson.

I think this ESB version is awesome, but it got a lot of stick for the shape/sculpt of the hair, hence why it fell somewhat under the radar and is not spoken of in the same high regard as the ANH Jnix Han.

6453E6D8-7D72-4DB1-B41A-57F111B0DA13.jpg
2753CBC5-F5DE-4729-9DF9-4A6229020792.jpg

Why ESB Han the most popular Han?

*) Best Character in the best film THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (which is on many people’s top 10 best film lists who aren’t even Star Wars fans)

*) Most beloved character in the franchise

*) Coolest actor of modern times (Harrison has participated in more than one rescue of a person in real life duress, lives his life the way he wants to, and is really nice to fans when he meets them, pretty much an all-around cool dude)

As for Han Solo in general, for any female members of this board, as they are well aware:

男人不壞,女人不愛

(translation: “If the man is not bad, the woman will not love him”)

ESB Han is popular for one simple reason.....

They have not yet screwed up the sculpt......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Why ESB Han the most popular Han?

Probably because Ford really brought out the character of Han the best. And who doesn’t like how Han and Leia feel in love with each other.

I liked the outfit the best . The blue jacket was iconic IMO

As far as the figure goes..because HT screwed up ANH

I have always thought vest was more iconic more than jacket. The issue is ANH Leia costume is more iconic to me and I got it. I bought ESB Vader and POed ESB Fett. I want ESB Luke. ESB Han will leave Leia alone in collection.

Back