Hot Toys "Beat It" Michael Jackson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice those pictures say "M Icon Deluxe" under the "Beat It" title? I don't recall the other M Icon figures being deluxe versions. You think there's more to this release than we see in these new pictures?

It's nothing exciting. The Wolverine figure was 'Deluxe' as well. All it means is that before connecting the head to the body, they lay down a slice of cheddar cheese, then the head is put in place, leaving the cheese to hang like a cape of sorts.

Well, after seen the pics, I'm sold. Looks awesome, hope the price is not over the top, he doesn't come with essential accessories anyways.

The MJ figs have been over $150--like closer to $200.

But is Beat It an Asia/HK exclusive?

The MJ figs have been over $150--like closer to $200.

But is Beat It an Asia/HK exclusive?

The word going around is "Store exclusive" don't know what it means, I really hope it'll be gettable at some point.

I'm taking this "store-exclusive" stuff with a grain of salt. I think it wont be too difficult to obtain one in the states.

Sideshow has gotten just about all the exclusives that Hot Toys has ever done. I'm not worried.

What worries me is, why is this called a "deluxe" when it doesn't seem to come with an extra outift, not that that would make sense with this version anyway? Does deluxe just refer to the really big, fancy box with the foam insert now?

I really don't think this will be DX06 if that's what people are thinking. A regular M Icon release (which also have nice foam inserts).

Sideshow has gotten just about all the exclusives that Hot Toys has ever done. I'm not worried.

What worries me is, why is this called a "deluxe" when it doesn't seem to come with an extra outift, not that that would make sense with this version anyway? Does deluxe just refer to the really big, fancy box with the foam insert now?

You're thinking of 'DX'. 'Deluxe' is just another fancy word of phrase HT chose to include in the title, like 'limited edition'. Them using the term Deluxe creates no distinction between a figure that has a ton of accessories and one that doesn't. HT is really random in this regard.

Anyway, I don't think the sculpt looks good...MJ's face(s) is really presenting a challenge to HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back