Hot Toys "Beat It" Michael Jackson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how it's cool to hate things. :wave

No kidding right!!?...
:(

Too early to judge on the face sculpt, picture is rather low res.But i am surprised they are showing this one before the Smooth Criminal one. Personally i am looking much more forward to the SC one. As long as this doesn't mean the SC one has been cancelled.

I think the Smooth Criminal needs a bit more development, since the outfit requires a bit more work and someone mentioned they might want to develop a way of making the classic lean work...

I'm not worried since they announced it along with Expendables, Tron, Resident Evil and Spiderman 3, and we've only seen one figure from Expendables...

No kidding right!!?...
:(

I think the Smooth Criminal needs a bit more development, since the outfit requires a bit more work and someone mentioned they might want to develop a way of making the classic lean work...

I'm not worried since they announced it along with Expendables, Tron, Resident Evil and Spiderman 3, and we've only seen one figure from Expendables...

Ok thanks man. But what does it mean that the Beat It one is exclusive to the store, does it mean we cant get it or something? Oh and i see some people 'hating' in here, from the looks of it...but i've learned to ignore all that.

I think the Smooth Criminal is still set for an upcoming release date, seeing on how this Beat It version is a "store exclusive", my guess is they'll probably make an exception with the SC version. Smooth Criminal may possibly be set anywhere from a March or April 2011 release. You've seen how fast Hot Toys came out with Hans Landa. It wouldn't surprise me one bit seeing on how they still have so many MJ's to make; Dangerous, Grammy Awards 84', Billie Jean Motown edition, AMA 84', HIStory, etc.

Last edited:
I think the headsculpt will look really good. Looks like they are going with a more serious expression, which is good.

BOUGHT.

Bad was already a quite serious expression :)

But what does Store exclusive mean? The store from Sideshow freaks? If so...why is that a bad thing? Price or just a limited supply?

Bad was already a quite serious expression :)

But what does Store exclusive mean? The store from Sideshow freaks? If so...why is that a bad thing? Price or just a limited supply?

Asia.

But T-1000 Sarah Connor was "exclusive" too and people were able to get him/her pretty easily over here.

Last edited:
But it's Hot Toys, and while the facial expression wasn't too good on the Billie Jean one, it was pretty good on the Thriller one and much much better on the Bad one. So i doubt the face won't look accurate.

I guess none of the bigger MJ fans are awake yet, so. . .

courtesy of Elvis1976:

46561836.jpg

Store exclusive of some kind? Face sculpt looks a bit odd, but maybe it is the low-res picture.

Ok so where or how do I order? :D

This MJ and a possibly Billie Jean (from the music video) are the only other Michaels I might want after Thriller. I'm glad Hot Toys is releasing him, but I do hope that face looks better when we can see it in more detail. Otherwise, I might be stuck getting an extra Thriller head (which as many of you know, has its flaws) as a substitute. A "singing" face would have been better, IMO.

beat-it.jpg

Sometimes store exclusives are just a different base or something from the general release. I'm sure this will be up for sale somewhere. They would be stupid not to sell this to the US.

So far so good, at least from what we see in that picture. I won't say anything about the headsculpt until better pictures come. However, the only comments I have are on the jacket and shirt. Those zippers better, at the very least, appear to be functional. I know it's hard to get zippers right at this scale, but I'd be disappointed if they use stickers or something. But this is Hot Toys, I'm sure they'll get it right. As for the shirt, again I know this photo isn't very good but that better be pink instead of white that surrounds the cupids and heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back