Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All i have in this world.....

balls1.jpg
balls2.jpg
balls3.jpg
balls4.jpg

Maybe they'll get BB-8 totally right for the final installment in 2019. I can wait.

No, they'll just make all the improvements that people want with the lights and size and then leave out the good accessories that come with this version.:rotfl

I wanted a BB-8, but $103 and at least, what $18 for SS ridiculous shipping.... Maybe ebay will be flooded with the Rey version. I think I could live with that since like R2 I won't really use the accessories, and they didn't bother to change the light up features.... Is the color that off on the Rey 2pk version?

I wanted a BB-8, but $103 and at least, what $18 for SS ridiculous shipping.... Maybe ebay will be flooded with the Rey version. I think I could live with that since like R2 I won't really use the accessories, and they didn't bother to change the light up features.... Is the color that off on the Rey 2pk version?

It's a little dark, but there's no mistaking who it's supposed to be. No one's gonna be asking you if BB-8 is supposed to be Tom Cruise.

It's a little dark, but there's no mistaking who it's supposed to be. No one's gonna be asking you if BB-8 is supposed to be Tom Cruise.

Also worth noting that the color in the promo pics for the BB8 with Rey was correct too.

So, no telling yet if the actual TLJ BB8 will be correctly painted or not.

Re: Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

Guessing these won't go up on bbts until Monday? Also wonder if there will be nrd with it being a sequel release?

Nah, you're good if you simply want a BB-8 and can get it for cheap.

Like TGG said, there's no mistaking who it is. It's not like the color is red, just simply too much of a burnt orange color as opposed to a slightly dirty orange.

I was so excited this morning when I saw the preorder for this set on Sideshow but WTF on the price!! Does anyone else think this is ridiculous? Hell, we only paid an extra $60 for the first BB8 and I would be willing to pay a little more for the new features but I think this is way overpriced! :mad:

I was so excited this morning when I saw the preorder for this set on Sideshow but WTF on the price!! Does anyone else think this is ridiculous? Hell, we only paid an extra $60 for the first BB8 and I would be willing to pay a little more for the new features but I think this is way overpriced! :mad:

BB-8 was an extra $65 as part of a 2-pack, and now 2 years later you are paying $73 for the 2nd piece, so that's not so bad. And I'm actually shocked that Hot Toys would price a sixth scale figure at only $103 regardless of what it is. I was bracing for a little more based on Yoda and R2 prices. Not to say that Yoda and R2 prices are great, everything is overpriced, but this BB-8/BB-9 set doesn't stand out to me.

I can understand why someone would want BB-8 on their shelf...

... but I have no idea why anyone would want a droid they don't even know if it will be in the movie, let alone an actual character. A $100 accessory.

Sigh, I bought both of the black evil sideshow droids as well. Despite the fact that they do next to nothing. I just like droids. The color scheme of the imperial droids displays so well with other imperials like tie pilots and now the gunners. Hopefully soon the DS troopers.

I should probably skip these though, I already have bb8. Really I should stop spending OT money on sequel stuff period. As much as I want to like the sequels the way I like OT I simply don't. I am just now getting used to the idea of mostly disassociating the OT from the prequels. Took me awhile.

I feel like some out there just have it ingrained in them that if it's not Original Trilogy it's just no good because it's not what they grew up with or whatever reason. We've only seen one film from the new trilogy and it wasn't bad at all. Safe but still a good film.

As far as pricing on these goes I don't think they're horribly priced. Especially if you get the two pack it's $88 per which realistically they weren't going to be less than that and aren't if you buy only one. The Sideshow droids have been more and while they're bigger in size aren't as well put together.

Back