Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like some out there just have it ingrained in them that if it's not Original Trilogy it's just no good because it's not what they grew up with or whatever reason. We've only seen one film from the new trilogy and it wasn't bad at all. Safe but still a good film.

Only one film yes but have now seen several new designs of TLJ. I almost universally despise them. Those awful praetorian guards, bearded walkers, etc. I won't even get into TFA character/actor selection and plot points. But there were some things I liked about TFA. The execution of BB8 was great, Rey's scavenger outfit is cool, Kylo had a good looking costume, flametrooper was pretty awesome.

The three trilogies are best viewed as three separate entities because they are three separate entities. One of which being far superior to the other two.

I honestly don't know how you can say that when only one film is out. No offense but you're exactly the person I'm talking about who seems pre-determined to hate anything new.

Only one film yes but have now seen several new designs of TLJ. I almost universally despise them. Those awful praetorian guards, bearded walkers, etc. I won't even get into TFA character/actor selection and plot points. But there were some things I liked about TFA. The execution of BB8 was great, Rey's scavenger outfit is cool, Kylo had a good looking costume, flametrooper was pretty awesome.

The three trilogies are best viewed as three separate entities because they are three separate entities. One of which being far superior to the other two.

I'm of the same opinion as you Turd regarding the characters. However this just makes it easy to pass on most of the HT figures from the latest film for example. Which is fine by me.

The movie itself should be awesome. Well I hope so at least.....

I feel like some out there just have it ingrained in them that if it's not Original Trilogy it's just no good because it's not what they grew up with or whatever reason.

pre-determined to hate anything new.

Isn't always the case of course, but I think there's a lot of truth to this.

People seem to always gravitate towards the pop culture they grew up with as being the "holy grail". Perhaps because it's nostalgic of their childhood and reminds them of a much more simpler time in life, where you were perhaps too young to really fully understand the intricacies or absorb the gravitas of what you saw and simply just got wrapped up in the "magic" of it so to speak. Star Wars, Superman, Star Trek, etc. I forget who mentioned it, but they stated they were eavesdropping on the conversation of some early twenty year olds who were conversing about SW, and talking about how great the PT is and how corny the OT is compared to it.

It's kind of a vicious cycle. Whatever a particular generation grew up with is always going to be the "holy grail" of something in their eyes, and anything that preceded it was utterly corny and antiquated and anything new is utter "crap" because it doesn't capture the "magic" of what they grew up with. Show someone the Christopher Reeve Superman films who are growing up with Cavill Supes, and they'll probably laugh their ass off; just as I'm sure those who grew up with Christopher Reeve when they were kids probably laughed their ass off when shown George Reeves's Superman because it looked like their dad parading around in a Superman costume. Show today's generation the OS Star Trek who only know of Star Trek with Chris Pine as Captain Kirk, and they'd probably laugh at how "corny" it is.

Guys, $176 for a 2 pack is not a good deal. If you think so, then Hot Toys has already won....

Hot Toys could have looked at the aftermarket for BB-8 and jacked this up. I actually figure they priced this conservatively due to all the ep7 peg warming going on.

I think they DID look at the aftermarket for BB-8 and priced it towards that. $176 sounds great because you're getting 2 figures and we're used to having things over $200 for so long that it's a welcomed thing but people are right, these are priced higher than they realistically could have been. I'm psyched at the price and that's how I know I've got Stockholm Syndrome in regards to HT, I'm happy when they keep something under $200 when in reality it sounds ridiculous to say aloud :lol

I honestly don't know how you can say that when only one film is out. No offense but you're exactly the person I'm talking about who seems pre-determined to hate anything new.

Yep...I know that the prequels are polarizing...but most who truly HATE the prequels hate TFA too and RO and actually don't really care for ROTJ because of those "Darn Ewoks!" So ultimately there are people out there who consider themselves to be "fans" of Star Wars who actually are not...mathematically speaking if something currently exists in 8 different parts and you only like 2 of the 8...you are not even coming remotely close to being a fan of the whole.

Realistically, these are $14.99 balls as best at TRU.

I once has a 3.75 inch R2 that lit up and made sounds that cost $3.99 about 20 years ago or more. It can be done.

Shhhhh, don't snap them out of their trance.

$103 for a little plastic ball is a great deal guys! Preorder the set right now and get two balls for only $88 each plus the cute little mousy droid exclusive for basically free, stock is limited!

You need this babby droid and it's evil doppelgänger. It's a must have for Holiday 2017, don't miss out!

Shhhhh, don't snap them out of their trance.

$103 for a little plastic ball is a great deal guys! Preorder the set right now and get two balls for only $88 each plus the cute little mousy droid exclusive for basically free, stock is limited!

You need this babby droid and it's evil doppelgänger. It's a must have for Holiday 2017, don't miss out!

tenor.gif

Salty? I think it's hilarious!

I don't see why people don't just wait for the inevitable Episode 9 three pack with an all new BB-8, BB-9E and introducing BB-QT, BB-8's pink and white girlfriend, all for the low price of $199.

IMG_8778.JPG

In all seriousness though, it's like Mike was saying about Stockholm syndrome. Hot Toys literally has some people by the balls now, because hey, atleast these small toys are actually under $200 this time!

What I really want to see is a 1/6 Porg two pack utilizing the amazing technology Hot Toys uses for their Chewie figures. None of that sculpted crap like Rocket Raccoon. I wanna touch those Porgs, I wanna feel those Porgs.

They won't make it easy for Porg lovers to collect a bunch. Will probably have a single one included with every $230 good guy. Except Rose. She'll come with three.

They won't make it easy for Porg lovers to collect a bunch. Will probably have a single one included with every $230 good guy. Except Rose. She'll come with three.

I think that's what they will do. Kind of like the GotG2 figs with their baby Groots. Kinda sucks because I actually want a set of 1/6 porgs but I mainly collect troopers.

I think that's what they will do. Kind of like the GotG2 figs with their baby Groots.

Yeah. Didn't they do that with mini Ant-Mans too? I wonder if they'll try to make a real fur 1:1 version. That'd probably sell better than the 1:1 Baby Groot since quite a few people actually would buy multiples.

Yeah. Didn't they do that with mini Ant-Mans too? I wonder if they'll try to make a real fur 1:1 version. That'd probably sell better than the 1:1 Baby Groot since quite a few people actually would buy multiples.

Apparently porgs are sea birds. I demand my porgs be appropriately feathered.

Ordered the two pack. I had Rey/BB8 on order anyway when I mostly just wanted BB8, so this worked to my advantage. The mouse droid got me to throw out an NRD on the set.

Back