1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere in Hong Kong are dusty prototypes of Hot Toys Returns Catwoman, Penguin and Romero Joker . . .

It is a shame they did not stick with the original design for Two Face in the final film.

View attachment 505431

The make up is more intense and detailed and the suit looked cooler.

That's awesome and frightening at the same time lol
I always thought it was strange decision to have a such a clean line on his face between his normal side and scarred/burned side.

Neither version got the dual personality psyche of the character. They were both just dumbed down to be a slave to the coin/chance.

I love how Batman was actually in the courtroom, complete in costume, when Dent gets acid thrown on him. I started cracking up when he jumps past the jury to try and stop the vial from getting tossed. So weird, so silly.

Two-Face is already established. You didn't even need to film or show that scene. And christ, if you're going to do it, don't have Batman there. :lol

Batman is all over the place too. He's in newspaper articles, Time Magazine, etc. posing for photos. A complete departure from Keaton who didn't want anyone to get a good look at him.

I love how Batman was actually in the courtroom, complete in costume, when Dent gets acid thrown on him. I started cracking up when he jumps past the jury to try and stop the vial from getting tossed. So weird, so silly.

That is such a cringe worthy scene when he leaps out of the crowd - pure Batman 1966 vibe. Nothing breaks the character's coolness more than him in daytime shots or seeing him in day to day situations. just be glad we never got the planned love scene with Chase where he kept the cowl on!

I love how Dent holds the paper up as the acid is thrown, it is nowhere in the middle of his face and barely stops any acid hitting his left side and yet he gets that perfect straight line down his face later on.

The court replay is just another story beat that gets lazily repeated in Batman & Robin. One villain is shown being made in real time (Riddler/Poison Ivy) the other one is already established and their back story is shown in a lame video replay (Two Face/ Mr Freeze).

It is no wonder they bragged about getting the script for B+R done in one weekend.

Two-Face is already established. You didn't even need to film or show that scene. And christ, if you're going to do it, don't have Batman there. :lol

Batman is all over the place too. He's in newspaper articles, Time Magazine, etc. posing for photos. A complete departure from Keaton who didn't want anyone to get a good look at him.

Yea alot of people separate the burton verse from the schumacher verse. Just doesn't fit and honestly, i don't blame them for separating the two. We go from dark and gritty to neon lights and huge statues. I tend to separate the two aswell but thats me.

Me too. I also separate 89 and Returns. They are so purposefully different from each other that it is hard to believe it is the same city and same Batman from the first film. It is not the direct sequel you are lead to believe from the title.

I mean to be honest growing up I never questioned this and I never try to made sense out of it, granted their ploy worked, Joel Schumacher was out to set a movie that would sell toys and that it did to be honest, at the end of the day all I wanted was Batman forever figs, quality from a film wasn?t a thing until I grew up and noticed how dark and gritty this film was, heck you can?t pull off some of the storylines today in that film.

Back then all four movies were unified by Kenner, I mean you bought a batcave and could use it with all four Batman and animated series, now since the license is all over the place, consistency is all over with figures, just can?t believe they finally decided to release these after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Burton-verse and the Schumacher-verse definitely feel like two very different camps.

The only thing that unifies them is Alfred and Commissioner Gordon. But I still consider them a Quadrilogy in a sense -- a two-part quadrilogy.

Batman in the courtroom cracks me up lol

Also why did Tommy Lee Jones play two face like he's joker? Constantly laughing lol

Also why did Tommy Lee Jones play two face like he's joker? Constantly laughing lol
There was a kind of competition between Carrey and Jones of who could be more wacky of a character so Jones tried to match Carrey's energy in every scene which was a big criticism of the film. I think if we had a more calm and menacing two face like In the animated series to contrast the riddler's zany energy then they would be considered one of the better villain team ups.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

People laugh at Batman in the courtroom, but it’s something lifted directly from the comic books. That’s how Two-Face came to be. So it’s entirely comic book accurate.

AFD7D702-7DF7-4B84-B744-8201B7DACE78.jpeg

Just like people bawk at the opening to Batman and Robin with the ice-skate boots. That was lifted directly from the comics too. Mr Freeze’s first appearance in fact ,where Batman and Robin use skates on their boots to chase Mr Freeze in his ice-cream truck (something else featured in Batman and Robin, if only for a brief moment). The comic even has Mr Freeze wearing his smoking jacket and talking to his goons in his frozen lair, just like the movie.

B300EA4E-C5CC-4771-9BE1-D374EDAB2B5A.jpeg 46DBF5B4-7212-4D52-87F7-EF0B8BF18546.jpeg

I’m sure there’s a lot more. Like the split lair Two-Face has. That’s something often found in the comics. The point is, a lot of the goofy stuff in the Schumacher movies is all directly lifted from the comics. So if the movies are silly, that’s because the comics used as inspiration were silly.

Joel said he wanted to make a living comic book, and that he did!

They're faithful adaptations of the Silver Age Batman comics, it's just that some fans think that Batman was created 1986 by Frank Miller in Dark Knight Returns.

There was a kind of competition between Carrey and Jones of who could be more wacky of a character so Jones tried to match Carrey's energy in every scene which was a big criticism of the film. I think if we had a more calm and menacing two face like In the animated series to contrast the riddler's zany energy then they would be considered one of the better villain team ups.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I enjoyed TLJ's Two Face despite his choices. He and Carrey had great onscreen chemistry, which is unfortunate that TLJ hated Carrey because I would have liked seeing them work together in another film.

Back