1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever done a 1/6th figure of the regular Forever suit? That's my favorite of all the batsuits.

Found these pics posted by Stoney's stands on facebook. I added a credit to them myself in case that might matter.

Don't think we've seen sideviews like these before

71963397_2532446326791871_2449159565300727808_o.jpg
71282705_2532446700125167_7835031138392342528_o.jpg
71463495_2532446896791814_5597234348316164096_o.jpg

As it is the 80th Batman anniversary, they played this week on TV Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

I precise that even i'm a huge Batman fan (especially 89 and, to a lesser extent, Returns) , i did not reiterate the experience since 1995 and 97 in theatre. So i did not saw these movies since almost 25 years for the first one.

I'll not talk about B&R as there is almost nothing to save in this movie it but Forever is another story.
Ok the film is not really great, maybe the second or third worst Batman movie behind B&R and TDKR. When i saw it in 95, i almost reject averything in the movie after the wonderfull 89 and Returns.
Because, even if i saw the 66 show as a kid, my real first true meeting with Batman was 89 in theatre, and it was huge and i immediatly loved Keaton. He will always be my Batman, like Hamill will always be Luke Skywalker or Weller Robocop.

But 25 years later i have to admit that Kilmer made a wonderfull job. He portrayed a very convincing, elegant, charming and nevrotic Bruce Wayne and a very solid, menacing and mysterious Batman.
Like keaton he got the good lips and chin for the role (contrary to Clooney and Bale) and on some shots, he can easily be confused with keaton:

Kilmer:

And to finish, his panther suit is maybe the best suit since 89:

Just imagine how badass keaton would have been in Returns with this suit!

So 25 years later i'm convinced that Kilmer is, just behind Keaton, the best Batman/Bruce Wayne ever.
In a better movie, better directed ( seriously why nobody told to Tommy Lee Jones that he was casted for the role of Dent and not the Joker!!! :rotfl), with a better timing ( easier to succeed to Clooney for Bale , than succeed to Keaton for Kilmer), Kilmer could have been one of the most iconic Batman...

The Headsculpt of Robin is correct, but the nipples, the wrong color, flat chest, the crotch, no way i buy this.

The panther suit look like the burton concept suit for the third movie :

opzlx2okqf4iwb8ioqus.jpg

Great pics thanks!

Yeah the Forever Panther is in the same mood than 89 and maybe more a logical evolution than the too sleek and smooth Returns one IMO...

Anyone concerned about all that rubber deteriorating? I think they look fantastic though

My Batman 89 and Returns figures are still in perfect shape since they were released. No signs of deterioration yet so hopefully these will hold up as well.

I've been reading this post.. And dammit, now I want both of them!
Although there are a few things.. The difference in height is too big, isn't it?
Robin headsculpt may need some minor changes, although the resemblance is there. And that cape, c'mon Hot Toys! Darkening the red will be easy too.
Bats.. I see something off in the body, as if the proportions are off.. Too broad at the shoulders and that legs.. The man didn't skip a single leg day at the batgym!

Anyway, a must for me (a shame they won't even think about doing the panther suit).
Let's hope they end up being produced...

The way these are set up on display makes it difficult to tell how much of a height difference there is between the two. While it would be great to see some tweaks made to Robin, I'm just hoping these get solicited. HT is notorious for showing pieces that disappear into the ether. If necessary, I'd take Robin as is and just get it reworked for accuracy. Panther suit would be nice as well.

I like the Robin but the sonar suit is just boring and plain. I feel like it would be a must have if you're a Batman collector, and as much as I still truly enjoy Batman Forever, I'll skip this one.

Anyone concerned about all that rubber deteriorating? I think they look fantastic though
One day, for sure, but probably not anytime soon. My DX09 and MMS294 are still in like-new condition, and I've heard no tales of deterioration. Obviously if you stress the suit beyond its limits with your posing, that would cause damage to appear over time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Wow! been away for a long time. Came back & found these. An Absolute must for me, I want both of them. Hopefully they adjust Robin a bit.

Back