1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batarang looks like something you might find in an S&M dungeon...not that I'd know anything about that kind of stuff, of course. :lol

The whole Batman Forever film looked like a weird mix between a S/M sex dungeon and a Saturday kids cartoon. It is bizaare. A Schumacher is doing so many butts and crotch shots. It's like "Come on man!"

Sorry if it is was already mentioned here but aren’t these suits (sonar + Robin) supposed to look a lot more shiny? Like covered with metallic paint? Or am I misremembering things?

Sorry if it is was already mentioned here but aren’t these suits (sonar + Robin) supposed to look a lot more shiny? Like covered with metallic paint? Or am I misremembering things?

I think you’re remembering suits Batman and Robin (Clooney Batman).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Batman (Sonar Suit) Collectible figure

Batarang looks like something you might find in an S&M dungeon...not that I'd know anything about that kind of stuff, of course. :lol
No. No it doesn’t. You’re just saying this because 1: you have a negative bias towards the Schumacher films. And 2: You think your statement is funny.
Well, I can tell you that 1: you’re biased. And 2: you’re not funny.

The whole Batman Forever film looked like a weird mix between a S/M sex dungeon and a Saturday kids cartoon. It is bizaare. A Schumacher is doing so many butts and crotch shots. It's like "Come on man!"

No. No it didn’t. The “whole Batman Forever film” did not look like an “S/M sex dungeon”. Again, much like the previous person I quoted, you clearly have a very skewed negative bias towards this film. And it’s this type of bias that still maintains the negative vibes Forever gets today. It is not an “S/M sex dungeon” film by any stretch of the imagination. And it is not full of crotch and butts shots. Those shots are literally seconds worth of screen time in a two hour movie. To say the director did “so many” of them is an exaggeration.

I think there’s a trend to hate on Forever, and it’s one many people jump on unquestionably. Forever is a great film. It might not be perfect, but what film is. It certainly gets a much worse reputation than it deserves, perhaps because of the negativity towards B&R. But Forever doesn’t deserve it. I can argue that Forever has only gotten better with age in fact, and that it’s better and more true to the character and comics than recent Batman movies.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Batman (Sonar Suit) Collectible figure

I remember Forever being reasonably well received on it's theatrical run...it was only when Batman & Robin came out that people started sticking the boot in to Schumacher's first film.

On the subject of the flick, I watched the extras on the Forever Blu-ray recently and there's some really great stuff that ended up on the cutting room floor. In some of the deleted scenes you really get to see Kilmer flex his acting chops as the tortured Bruce Wayne. I know it will never happen but I'd love to see Schumacher assemble an extended cut of the movie with the deleted footage.

Yeah, the deleted footage from Batman Forever is generally referred to as “The Red Book Edition”, and it was a real shame it was all cut from the film. It would definitely have added a layer of depth to the movie.

And Forever was definitely well received on its theatrical run. I remember a quote from Schumacher saying the success they had with that movie was like “lightning in a bottle”. It’s reputation absolutely suffered after B&R sadly.

I think the only real issue Forever has is the villains being too over the top and cheesy. Other then that I think it's a pretty good Batman film, and technically may even be a better Batman movie then the two Keaton films. Not necessarily more enjoyable or better quality, but I actually think Forever ticks more boxes as far as being a more faithful adaptation of the Batman character.

I think the only real issue Forever has is the villains being too over the top and cheesy.

That and the Batmobile driving up the side of a building with a blaring musical stinger to punctuate it.

I wonder if this figure and Robin will ever actually see a PO date? Was there a lot of interest in these at the shows? I can see both of these disappearing... Forever.

I think the only real issue Forever has is the villains being too over the top and cheesy.

I agree for Two-Face, absolutely. He should’ve been played more straight. But I think Riddler totally worked as over the top and cheesy. It set him apart from previous villains we’d seen in the Burton films. And it’s not the first time the character has been portrayed that way (Gorshin) so it’s not like it was a new thing for the character. Plus, he IS supposed to be crazy.

Yeah, the deleted footage from Batman Forever is generally referred to as “The Red Book Edition”, and it was a real shame it was all cut from the film. It would definitely have added a layer of depth to the movie.

And Forever was definitely well received on its theatrical run. I remember a quote from Schumacher saying the success they had with that movie was like “lightning in a bottle”. It’s reputation absolutely suffered after B&R sadly.

That’s definitely true. “Batman Forever” was generally well received upon its theatrical release. It wasn’t really until after “Batman and Robin” was universally panned that people started lumping the two movies together as both being awful. And really that’s somewhat unfair. “Batman and Robin” really is awful. It’s tough to think of any redeeming qualities when it comes to that one. But “Batman Forever” is an enjoyable movie. It has some problems, but it’s not the train wreck of a movie that “Batman and Robin” is.

My $0.02 - this is definitely going to PO. The Batman isn’t supposed to release until 2021 and this character is a cash cow for HT so they’ll definitely want to put a version out within the next 2 years.

My $0.02 - this is definitely going to PO. The Batman isn’t supposed to release until 2021 and this character is a cash cow for HT so they’ll definitely want to put a version out within the next 2 years.

Sounds logical enough to me. I'll be interested to see who the villain is in "The Batman"

Sounds logical enough to me. I'll be interested to see who the villain is in "The Batman"
Was the gay vampire confirmed as the new Batman? If so I guess they are going for a young version of Batman... Not too long ago I read "year Zero" I liked the story of the red hood band, it would work great as a movie

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

I read somewhere that it's the Penguin, Catwoman, the Riddler and some other guy. Multiple villains in a Superhero movie has never been a problem before thankfully...... scratchhead_zpsornpb0zd.gif

Isn’t it Deathstroke, played by Joe Mangiello?

Unfortunately, I think that changed when Affleck left the project, as director. There had been a rumor that Warner Bros was interested in bringing Deathstroke back, either for a different movie, or even his own movie, but I don’t believe there has been any new talk of that in a while, either.

I read somewhere that it's the Penguin, Catwoman, the Riddler and some other guy. Multiple villains in a Superhero movie has never been a problem before thankfully......View attachment 463614

There may be even more then that, but I think most of the villains in the film are going to be small cameo roles. Matt Reeves has described the film as a noir detective story so I think Batman will have some suspects from his rogues gallery that get ruled out through out the film before he finds the true culprit.

That was just my thought as well. I'll be curious to see if they do figures for the Joker movie.

Unfortunately, I think that changed when Affleck left the project, as director. There had been a rumor that Warner Bros was interested in bringing Deathstroke back, either for a different movie, or even his own movie, but I don’t believe there has been any new talk of that in a while, either.

That never went anywhere, unfortunately. They talked to the direct of The Raid, but he said it never went past an initial meeting. Mangionello is friends with James Gunn in real life though, so maybe he'll end up in The Suicide Squad.

Back