1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Batman (Sonar Suit) Collectible figure

I've found that the word "complete" has no place in collecting. ;)

It just causes frustration or leads you down a road of buying way more than you ever wanted in the first place, lol.

"Complete" collections also give a bit of a dull uniformity between collectors. "Oh another 12 back set, never seen that before," lol. Sometimes the fun is seeing how you cherry pick what you want vs. others who share the same interests.

I like the way you think. :goodpost:

God damnit! Lol YES I'm now going officially broke as i will be getting both. Give me two face and riddler hot toys.

I like the way you think. :goodpost:

:rock :duff

I also don't like how the "completion" mentality (and I'm not really knocking it totally Wor-Gar because I have the same temptations and it is fun to have certain groupings) can make you a slave to buying supbar items that you aren't in love with.

For many years I've wanted a full PF set of my Top 4 cinematic heroes: Bespin Luke, MCU Cap, LOTR Frodo, and ALIENS Hicks.

I've had Cap and Frodo for the longest time and was ecstatic when the Bespin Luke PF was finally announced. I almost felt like I *had* to buy it. But...the pose and price just kind of took the fun out of it so I made peace with the fact that I'll probably never have the "set" I want (at least of the big 3 since Hicks is nowhere on any company's radar) and picked up ROTJ Fett instead to represent SW. Not what I originally planned but I actually really do like the PF threesome that I ended up with.

Last edited:

For me, this is not complete without Lime-Carrey and psycho-delic Jones.

No chance.

Hot Toys seems to be prejudice against most villains at the moment. No Romero Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Vulture, Mysterio, Crossbones, Yellowjacket.

Not seeing that amazing Crossbones figure come to light was brutal (though I recognize he might very well be the least popular villain overall of the ones they've teased.)

Last edited:

True.

I always felt when The Joker said "You complete me" that the relationship was instantly doomed.

Fixed.

Anyway, the figure looks cool, and I'm happy for those who want a Forever Batman. I'll only buy Ridler and Two Face.

Not seeing that amazing Crossbones figures come to light was brutal (though I recognize he might very well be the least popular villain overall of the ones they've teased.)

Yeah it’s lame. Crossbones and Romero Joker looked really good.

Also, I’m pretty sure a Pfeiffer Catwoman and Carrey Riddler would sell just as well as any Batman. They’re pretty iconic. Don’t see what the hold up is.

He loooks good, to me the suit should be lighter but that's memory screwing with me I think, I always remember it as a shiny almost silver look instead of a gunmetal grey. Either way if they offer it then I'm buying it.

He loooks good, to me the suit should be lighter but that's memory screwing with me I think, I always remember it as a shiny almost silver look instead of a gunmetal grey. Either way if they offer it then I'm buying it.

Yeah it was grey but had an interesting reflective quality that kind of made it seem like it was changing colors depending on the lighting, at least to my eye. It was really bright in some of the promo pics, much more so than on film.

Blunt-Man

blntman.jpg

Definitely picking these up. They look great.

Seeing this version of Kilmer in 1/6 form really showcases how similar the Batman Begins suit was/is to the Sonar.

This was the first suit to really be techy armor with the large bat symbol (no yellow oval) and functioning cape clips.

Yeah both the Begins and TDK suits really seem to be offshoots of Sonar moreso than Burton. The stylized musculature of Sonar even seemed to be precursors to the tactical lines of the TDK outfit. Hell in some ways Sonar is even more restrained/less gaudy than tactical TDK.

Regardless of how people feel about the film - this is definitely a great looking figure. An absolute buy from me.

Funny as it might sound Kilmer's lips are a pretty strong identifier that it's him in the suit and it looks like HT did indeed get them right.

I was serious tho. :lol

Both Keaton and Kilmer had the most distinctive lips of all the Batman. I actually thought Kilmer was a good choice because he had a similar lower face to Keaton, when wearing the cowl.

Back