1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna try and pad up Robin’s chest with cotton balls to make it fuller.

One thing i don't like is robins lack of accessories, and batmans lack of ass! Maybe there wasn't really any accessories they could've given robin idk i don't remember the movie very well. But it seems like they were just like "ah whatever people will buy it anyway to complete the duo he doesn't need accessories". But please correct me if I'm wrong and he really doesn't have any accessories they could've given him. Maybe a robin batarang? Idk.

I was 5 when this beauty released and I’m not ashamed to say I loved it just as I also loved Batman and Robin, The Phantom Menace, Hook, Independence Day- essentially everything I later learned was utterly detested by the older fans.

As a child, you really do just get swept up in the excitement and are clearly affected on a deeper level, which no doubt helps us in adult life to overlook critical analysis and simply bask in the nostalgia. It’s a hell of a drug.

I think Forever might have even been the first Batman movie I saw. I found all the psychiatry sessions fascinating, Val was a composed and commanding Batman and a sophisticated, philanthropist Bruce (which I prefer to playboy D-bag,) the neon lights turned Gotham into another planet, the score is glorious, Carey was an absolute scene stealer, Two Face was grotesque and appropriately intimidating (from a child’s perspective,) Alfred was wise and compassionate and, as I was in the early days of my own acrobatic and martial arts interests, Robin was my avatar. Whoever thought It would be a cool idea to have him aggressively do trick-shot stunts to hang up his laundry absolutely had me in mind. That ruled!

Then when I watched Batman 89 I found it wayyy more serious (and thought ‘this Keaton guy isn’t as handsome as the other Batman. Why has Bruce Wayne got curly hair?!)
Still loved it. It’s Batman!
I remember when i was a kid i said batman and robin was my favourite movie of all time lol. I loved it until i saw batman 1989 and was like 'oh wow this is what a batman movie is' batman and robin was the first batman movie i saw and I'm ashamed to say i loved it at the time.

One thing i don't like is robins lack of accessories, and batmans lack of ass! Maybe there wasn't really any accessories they could've given robin idk i don't remember the movie very well. But it seems like they were just like "ah whatever people will buy it anyway to complete the duo he doesn't need accessories". But please correct me if I'm wrong and he really doesn't have any accessories they could've given him. Maybe a robin batarang? Idk.
In Hot Toys’ defense, Robin didn’t use any weapons or gadgets in the film.

However, they could have given him the weapons and gadgets Batman used in the beginning of the film in the Panther suit. They were just being cheap and lazy.

Could have given Robin a Batarang, Grapple, bola bat cuffs and maybe a cowl to the first Batman suit to round him out.

4026201A-E85B-440D-898C-9E84EB4192D3.jpeg
DC604A6D-98A3-40F3-B311-9700F5F7DD77.jpeg

Last edited:
In Hot Toys’ defense, Robin didn’t use any weapons or gadgets in the film.

However, they could have given him the weapons and gadgets Batman used in the beginning of the film in the Panther suit. They were just being cheap and lazy.

Could have given Robin a Batarang, Grapple, bola and maybe a cowl to the first Batman suit.

View attachment 612355
It would've been cool if they'd given robin some of those. So you have the sonar gadgets, and the panther gadgets. At some point i would hope hot toys would make a panther suit too, wouldn't mind getting that. But I'm not gonna hold my breath. These 2 are probably the only batman forever figures we're gonna get. And i don't know why i want more figures from a movie i don't really like but so many hot toys figures don't really interest me. But for some reason these do, even more so than figures like tom holland spider-man which i skipped on to get these. There's something special about these 2.

Last edited:
Gonna try and pad up Robin’s chest with cotton balls to make it fuller.
I'm really hoping we can take away some of the flatness of the chest with padding. I can see extra room in the armor when moving the shoulders so fingers crossed.

I ordered another one as a spare. It displays really nicely:

D0B26518-1780-4622-8C6F-0FA35CD6BD8F.jpeg

I’m not sure how well this figure will withstand storage if sealed MISB for a long time as the body feels slightly tacky/sticky. I feel like the protective sheets could stick to the body over time..

I did PO this figure as soon as it came off RSVP, which could explain why it arrived so fast.

I ordered another one as a spare. It displays really nicely:

View attachment 612384

I’m not sure how well this figure will withstand storage if sealed MISB for a long time as the body feels slightly tacky/sticky. I feel like the protective sheets could stick to the body over time..

I did PO this figure as soon as it came off RSVP, which could explain why it arrived so fast.
Test the posing …any creasing

Back