1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are confusing BF with 89 Batman

89 was the IW/EG of that Batman series

Not and I repeat NOT BF lol

Dude. Yes! For me, 1989 Batman was not just a pop culture event; it was a life event. I was eight years old, and everyone was wearing Batman logo shirts. So I convinced my parents to take me to see it in the theater. I was hooked. Saw Batman Returns numerous times in the theater and was hooked on The Animated Series. Now I have a custom 1/6 Batwing from the 89 movie on preorder for my forty year old self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude. Yes! For me, 1989 Batman was not just a pop culture event; it was a life event. I was eight years old, and everyone was wearing Batman logo shirts. So I convinced my parents to take me to see it in the theater. I was hooked. Saw Batman Returns numerous times in the theater and was hooked on The Animated Series. Now I have a custom 1/6 Batwing from the 89 movie on preorder for my forty year old self.

Pretty much the same for me except for the part about the 1/6 Batwing! that sounds awesome, when will it arrive?

We will need multiple pictures when it does of course.

Pretty much the same for me except for the part about the 1/6 Batwing! that sounds awesome, when will it arrive?

We will need multiple pictures when it does of course.

JazzInc is supposed to ship it this summer. Thank goodness for payment plans!

Sweet, I look forward to seeing it. Yes payment plans is how I will ending up getting these two figures for sure.

$600 AUD is a lot of money upfront for two figures, much nicer to not think about it with weekly payments.

I think they both look great. People saying the Robin headsculpt isn?t good are crazy. I think it?s one of Hot Toys best.

It might be because it?s new, but I think this is Hot Toys? best Batman yet. This isn?t a bias either. I prefer Keaton and Bale to all other interpretations, but this figure looks more realistic than the DX 09 Keaton, the Returns Keaton and Bale Hot Toys efforts.

I really hope the final product matches the prototype, this thing is sharp. If they retain that gloss sheen on everything, this is really going to stand out in a display with nice lights.

Wut that?s crazy talk those Protos look like real people shrunken down

They blow away Cody, QuiGon and Cap!

The Batmania of 1989 was a phenomenon. The likes of which we will probably never see again. Especially not for a comic book movie.

The hype of Forever in 95 was a step down on that but was still huge and an event in its own right.

Your Avenger movies are very nice and all Jye but they are just another a bit of white noise in the large IP obsessed Hollywood machine that now churns those films out every 3 - 6 months to replace the one before it. They make a splash at times but are quickly forgotten by the time the home rental starts.

They really don't really compare to what these older movies did at the time (in truth they are also to partly to blame for the current state of Hollywood but we will overlook that). :rotfl

Hmm all I know is that Avengers1/IW/EG were like attending rock concerts it was insane

Awesome! :rock

We had it good growing up, now action figures are just that, zero accessories, he?ll marvel legends and dc legends are just the figure with extra hands, hot toys seem to be going that route, but we grew up in the period were the action figures had extra choices like getting a mansion/batcave/vehicles, 10 different version of the same character, good times, I feel it?s the complete opposite now.

Really can?t complain about this release, except that it would be majestic if somehow hot toys got into vehicles again with the 1/6 batwing and 1/6 bat boat,
giphy.gif

Otherwise we couldn?t recreate this majestic shot, which I remember was all over the McDonald?s commercials, Hey I?m low key hoping this paved the way into Batman and Robin figs, the ps1 video game(hardest freaking game ever) spoiled me with the costumes and voices [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Not gonna lie though with the ratchet system they implemented with the previous Batman figs, posing shouldn?t be a problem, all they need is to darken the colors on robin suit and we gooddddf

Eventhough I already have these nice custom Panther & Sonar figures, I will be getting the Hot Toys Sonar & Robin and whatever future
release from the Forever and B&R movies" figures.
DSC_1348 (2).JPG

Really can?t complain about this release, except that it would be majestic if somehow hot toys got into vehicles again with the 1/6 batwing and 1/6 bat boat

Never gonna happen.

Hot Toys barely got the ‘89 Batmobile out the door without problems. A 1/6 Batman Forever Bat vehicles? That would be a logistical nightmare. The huge fins alone would be problematic, not to mention all the LED lights it would take.

It’s be awesome looking for sure, but it ain’t practical from a manufacturing standpoint. That **** would be $1000 easily. Could never be done. The Batwing? Forget it. We’re lucky we got these figures. We’ll never see anything like the Tumblers or ‘89 Batmobile again.

Amazing how such a POS movie can have such a near perfect collectible lol

Looking forward to the amazing HT 1980s Supergirl figure :yess:

Last edited:
Just something so genuine and magical about the old batman movies. Batman returns is my second fav Batman film

I grew up with Adam West Batman... so zany, over-the-top and campy didn't shock me about Forever. However, I do prefer a darker take for Batman. But Schumacher's particular tastes, the childish villains, and the noisy theatrics coupled with the nonsensical lightshows really soured me after the initial excitement for Batman 3. I guess, in keeping with Schumacher's style, I would call the movie a Hot Mess.

The only way I could buy these figures is if we have got this movie:

I think it would have been great! And Keaton in this Panther suit! The logical evolution of the 89 suit IMO..

Same for me! Batman 89 is still my *Madeleine de Proust* as we say here in France.
Don t have the funds, space and balls for the 1/6 Batwing too.
In fact it's not a matter of funds. I'm sure that if i sell a number of pieces in my collection, i could collect the requested amount, or it could have been possible with the flex payment plan. So it is just a matter of balls and space.
How the hell i could display this monster???

But once again congrats Cicada!!! :clap
In these troubled times, buying a 2000 $ plastic plane of one square meter is just a superb example of recreational madness which is good and salutary in this society where safety at all levels has become the keyword and where standardization and fear of tomorrow are taught as new standards ...

Can t wait for the pics! It will be one of the craziest moments in the history of the forum.
You will make my day!!!

Had Keaton been in it and not dropped out, his suit would have been a hybrid of the Panther and Sonar suit.

4098EE05-42FF-4A1F-92C0-1A1D5B2A8690.jpeg
DA7762F2-D6D4-4158-BE05-4516BC2107F1.jpeg

Amazing how such a POS movie can have such a near perfect collectible lol

Looking forward to the amazing HT 1980s Supergirl figure :yess:

It's not a POS movie, ineither was Batman & Robin. If anything, enough time has passed that they deserve a re-appraisal today, just as the 1966 Batman is viewed far more favorably today than it was in the 80's.

Here's a great essay on why they deserve a second chance:

Had Keaton been in it and not dropped out, his suit would have been a hybrid of the Panther and Sonar suit.

Wow my man Keaton

4BBA9C4B-6A19-462D-AE93-1363E9A1293B.jpeg

It's not a POS movie, ineither was Batman & Robin. If anything, enough time has passed that they deserve a re-appraisal today, just as the 1966 Batman is viewed far more favorably today than it was in the 80's.

Here's a great essay on why they deserve a second chance:

B&R is at least a glorious reimagining of 66 so it has something to offer for those willing to take the comedy ride.

BF has nothing to offer other than cringe

Last edited:
Wow my man Keaton

View attachment 505340

B&R is at least a glorious reimagining of 66 so it has something to offer for those willing to take the comedy ride.

BF has nothing to offer other than cringe
I think you have to give BF a little more credit then cringe. Schumacher actually tried with it to make it a decent film and it has some darker moments then most remember. It was the first time they tried to really dove into Bruce Wayne's mind and what makes him want to be Batman. WB were the ones who wanted it to be lighter in tone hence why there's so much goofiness. Hopefully one day the much darker schumacher cut sees the light of day and we can see his full vision for what he wanted it to be.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back