1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As ever it's the uncertainty and the complete lack of communication from Hot Toys that pisses one off.

Yeah these might just pop up for preorder completely out of the blue one day. On the other hand it's entirely believable that they never will.

And what is it? Are they waiting to see some enthusiasm from the fanbase? They're not gonna get any major excitement until the figures go up for preorder - why? Because we've been down this road too many times with Hot Toys - we're now programmed to be guarded and cynical and this is because of past experience. The flipside of this is if Hot Toys are not satisfied with the reaction maybe that will play into their reasoning for never releasing these figures. Then we're in a vicious circle scenario. Although personally I'm inclined to put more blame at their door than ours. They announce stuff that would sell, that people were hugely excited for - like 1/4 scale Keaton Batman*, 1/4 Police Shootout T-800, 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator and Dutch**, 1/6 Endoskeleton 2.0*** - and then never make the damn things. So what are we supposed to think?

*if memory serves 1/4 scale was mentioned with the broader license announcement, obviously it would have included a Batman
**they even seemed excited about this and went into some detail about metal parts for the Predator, ''beloved actor Arnold Schwarzenegger'' etc https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104455
***not officially announced as such but what most definitely looked like a new chromed prototype was shown alongside the larger 1/4 scale version

So yeah
**** Hot Toys.

Last edited:
As ever it's the uncertainty and the complete lack of communication from Hot Toys that pisses one off.

Yeah these might just pop up for preorder completely out of the blue one day. On the other hand it's entirely believable that they never will.

And what is it? Are they waiting to see some enthusiasm from the fanbase? What excitement there was is all there's going to be until the figures go up for preorder - the fans have been down this road too many times with Hot Toys - we're now programmed to be guarded and cynical based on past experience. Yet if Hot Toys are not satisfied with the reaction maybe that will play into their reasoning for never releasing these figures. It could be a vicious cycle scenario. Although personally I'm inclined to put more blame at their door than ours. They announce stuff that would sell, most definitely - like 1/4 scale Keaton Batman*, 1/4 Police Shootout T-800, 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator and Dutch**, 1/6 Endoskeleton 2.0*** - and then never make the damn things. So what are we to think?

*if memory serves 1/4 scale was mentioned with the broader license announcement
**they even seemed excited about this and went into some detail about metal parts etc
***not officially announced as such but what most definitely looked like a new chromed prototype was shown alongside the larger 1/4 scale version

So yeah
:goodpost: Completely agree with everything you've mentioned a-dev, back in the day, hot toys catered to fans of Batman, Predator, and Terminator, but for the last few years they've been completely invested in only Marvel and Star Wars, only interested in making huge amounts of money from these 2 franchises, and not giving a s..t about collectors who want figures made like a 1/4 89 Keaton Batman and 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator......:mad:

I dont rely on hot toys for anything anymore. Nothing they release really excites me anymore. Im honestly more interested in the third party releases coming out such as toys era doc ock. I think third party companies will be the ones to make figures from the older superhero films and who knows maybe one of them will make these 2.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

IF this guy’s ever released, I guarantee a Clooney Batman will become one of the most desired figures next. And I’d be all in for one.

And speaking of Clooney Batman, this edit made the B&R costume so much more better.

459B0B9C-7199-492F-B17B-180827746F24.jpeg

Oh. So THAT'S what hot garbage looks like...

Even die hard Ironman collectors are calling this out on being a sh@t show
That means it really is that bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom is my fav villain of all time and iron man is third fav superhero and all I have to say is this is stupid. Something you?d see at a toy store in the 90s when EXTREME was the thing and venom was everywhere. Just gross. Damn I wish we had better companies step into the 1/6th scale market

This is EXACTLY why we'll likely never see any more Batman, Predator or Terminator figures.......:banghead
[When hot toys released AVP Celtic and Scar Predator 2.0 figures a few years ago, they didn't even bother to complete the trio with the Chopper Predator 2.0].......:mad:

They're a troll company. That's the milder of the terms I feel like using. I still can't process this Predator announcement from 9 years ago

After the release of the Classic Predator Collectible Figure recently, we have received positive response from the market!

But we guess that fans won?€™t be just satisfying with the 1/6th scale, right?

We are going to announce this great news now - we are bringing to fans not only the 1/6th scale, but also the 1/4th scale collectible figures of the Predator movie series - Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator (AVP) and Aliens vs Predator ?€“ Requiem (AVPR)!

It will be surely an enhancing of the details and quality level! And the mask and some of the body armors will be made by die-casting!

Moreover, we will be bringing the collectible of Dutch featuring our beloved actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1/4th scale too!

Fans, please stay tuned!

Just read those words. Flat-out bull***t lies. This was a specific announcement of 1/4 scale Predators, apparently to start releasing in 2012. Maybe they're waiting for the 10th anniversary of this announcement to re-announce them :confused:

Last edited:
I'm convinced HT are reading this thread and keep thinking up nonsensical new versions of Iron Man to troll us with. 😂

Back