1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys never celebrates anniversaries.

This was Batman's 80th and they didn't release a SINGLE Batman figure. Every other toy and collectible company celebrated it with some kind of release, not them. Batman, Terminator and Joker at one time were their bread and butter, and this year they didn't release any version of the three. In a movie year no less.

But hey, have a Spider-Man Armory Miniature Collectible Collection!
Welp there goes that :(

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

To really create excitement for this line they should have shown prototypes for Batman, Robin, Riddler and Two Face at SDCC. Put them all up for pre-order and release one per quarter through 2020.

NECA did that with their 90s turtles and it was a great way to collect them all. If HT eventually put Batman up for PO I don't see many jumping on that with no promise of anything to come after.

Collector's aren't stupid. We've seen it before with Batman 66 and Batman Returns lines.

I wonder if Hot Toys has to pay for the full license of a movie to tease a figure, or just have to pay a fee and pay the full license only if they mass produce the figure

Sideshow displayed a Deckard from the first Blade Runner at SDCC a few years ago for the sole purpose of getting the licensee's attention, with no direct intent of releasing him.

SideshowDeckard-e1507749814848-738x1024.jpg

Based on that I assume they're able to display whatever they want, but the license is required when it comes to actually producing said product.

Hot Toys has shown so many figures they never released so they sure as hell aren't required to release them even if they do have the license. :lol

Last edited:
Hot Toys never celebrates anniversaries.

This was Batman's 80th and they didn't release a SINGLE Batman figure. Every other toy and collectible company celebrated it with some kind of release, not them. Batman, Terminator and Joker at one time were their bread and butter, and this year they didn't release any version of the three. In a movie year no less.

But hey, have a Spider-Man Armory Miniature Collectible Collection!
Didn't release a Batman figure?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we get a 1/6 Justice League Batman, 1/4 TDK Joker and the 1/6 TDK Harvey Dent this year? Also, didn't the first shipments of the JL Tactical Batman arrive 12 months ago?

I'm not saying it's been anywhere near as steady a stream as the Marvel/Star Wars stuff, but it's not like there's been *nothing*.

I’m talking preorders. There were no preorders for a Batman figure in 2019.

Yeah, Justice League Batman shipped out this year, but the specs/preorder for it was a LONG time ago, like 2017.

well here?s hoping hot toys will go all out on 2020 with their 20th anniversary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re going to release yet another video game Batman, why not tease and show off THAT at SDCC and your Asia conventions instead of the Forever stuff? Would have made more sense to have this beyond thing with Batgirl, ya know, since it came up for preorder first.

They’re nuts.

I may be biased because I will never buy Batman Forever figures, but I'm honestly glad to see ANYTHING that isn't Disney. Only FIVE non-Disney figures went up for pre order in 2019 (Flash, Two-Face, It, Alita, Hellboy).

Sucks hard.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I may be biased because I will never buy Batman Forever figures, but I'm honestly glad to see ANYTHING that isn't Disney. Only FIVE non-Disney figures went up for pre order in 2019 (Flash, Two-Face, It, Alita, Hellboy).

Sucks hard.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

That's actually a pretty depressing statistic. And Alita was produced by Fox, which is technically Disney now...

Back on topic, Batman Forever was my favorite of the 90s Batman movies, but I'm undecided on getting this (if it ever gets released). I'm not making space on a shelf for a single Batman figure (I didn't do it for Bale, so I'm not doing it for Kilmer), but I'd be all in if they made the Batmobile and/or Batwing (which is never happening). Yeah, I know... :cuckoo:

I’ll buy anything from older licenses. I love seeing older stuff made new. It’s such a breath of fresh air, especially when some propert really hasn’t had it’s due as far as high end collectibles go.

This was shown in the summer, still no pre-order. Batgirl was first shown two years ago, still no pre-order. Batman Beyond out of nowhere is up for pre-order. I'll be getting that figure but regardless it just makes no sense.

Does Howard get some weird kick out of teasing and tormenting collectors this way?

I?ll buy anything from older licenses. I love seeing older stuff made new. It?s such a breath of fresh air, especially when some propert really hasn?t had it?s due as far as high end collectibles go.

Couldn?t agree more.
Hot toys has to go back to its roots

Couldn?t agree more.
Hot toys has to go back to its roots

LOL...things I would buy in a heartbeat that haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting made:

The Crow (2.0, updated and improved)
Edward Scissorhands (2.0, updated and improved)
Pfeiffer Catwoman
DeVito Penguin

Back